HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Hmmm, hopefully so! 3025 JFK is the residential building. Let's hope they still move forward on it. May be a little while now until we see movement on another office building.
A utility permit was issued in Feb. So Im assuming this is to relocate UG utlity conflicts....that is what you are seeing most likely.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 4:46 PM

My understanding is there is also some PA DOT work scheduled on that stretch this summer that doesn't sound directly related to the SY towers. (See diagram https://billypenn.com/2020/05/27/meg...treet-station/)

Maybe the work is connected to whatever this article vaguely mentions if the road work was focused on the curvature of the street.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLJD13 View Post
My understanding is there is also some PA DOT work scheduled on that stretch this summer that doesn't sound directly related to the SY towers. (See diagram https://billypenn.com/2020/05/27/meg...treet-station/)

Maybe the work is connected to whatever this article vaguely mentions if the road work was focused on the curvature of the street.
No, this work is being done by SEPTA to rehab tracks, switches and the tunnel under Walnut street. Its all related to the shut down of service for certain RR lines that use the the tracks that run through Penn Medicine station.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 8:38 PM

They gotta start the shorter and ugly tower first...ugh. I still hope the 500 foot red tower starts this year. Does it have a tenant?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 9:36 PM

Didn't hear of any tenants, but according to their brochure they want to complete both towers in 2022 (Pg.15)

http://files.brandywinerealty.com/files/001358.pdf

Old Posted Jun 6, 2020, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCres View Post
Didn't hear of any tenants, but according to their brochure they want to complete both towers in 2022 (Pg.15)

http://files.brandywinerealty.com/files/001358.pdf
When was this published though? Pre or post Covid?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2020, 1:05 AM

^ Pre-COVID, I don't know exactly when it when released but I assume early Fall 2019 since the towers were unveiled in late August 2019

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 5:23 PM

I hope these both get built the way they were proposed, especially the red tower, that would be a huge landmark and striking change in the skyline, as well as a decent shift as well

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:14 AM
User Since 2002

The red tower isn’t starting until 2021, as per their recent earnings call transcript.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 3:53 AM

^
You can't see it but I'm punching the air as hard as possible

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDreamsReturns View Post
The red tower isn’t starting until 2021, as per their recent earnings call transcript.
At least it’s confirmed to start.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
At least it’s confirmed to start.
I wouldn't call that a confirmed start. I call it an expected start, subject to change to a later date.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 2:07 PM

Dechert can receive second round of state tax credits in planned move, court rules

Quote:
In a decision with massive implications for tenants, landlords, and developers across Pennsylvania, a Commonwealth Court panel ruled Tuesday that Deschert could receive tax credits after its planned move into one of two office towers set to be built in the Schuylkill Yards development in University City—despite the fact that it already accepted 15 years of similar tax credits.

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...f-dechert.html

Last edited by mcgrath618; Jun 24, 2020 at 2:25 PM.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 2:38 PM

Good news! I'm assuming they're planning on anchoring 3001 JFK? Build it!

I understand this is currently at the expense of Cira Centre, but I'm not too concerned about it. I'm sure the space in Cira Centre will be back-filled by a couple of smaller companies. At least Brandywine owns Cira Centre as well, so they're poaching from themselves, but have a vested interest in Cira continuing to succeed, so they'll make sure it's doing well.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 7:55 PM

Inquirer picking up the story

Dechert can get a second round of KOZ tax breaks, court rules

Quote:
Pennsylvania’s Commonwealth Court ruled that Dechert LLP, one of Philadelphia’s richest law firms, can collect a second round of Keystone Opportunity Zone tax breaks if it moves from the Cira Centre into a new building that Brandywine Realty Trust wants to build in the Schuylkill Yards development near 30th Street Station.

But the court ruled Tuesday that the economic development agency, known as DCED, overstepped its authority when it told Dechert last summer that the law firm could not get a pass on virtually all state and local business taxes if it moved from the expired building to Brandywine’s planned JFK Towers in a different zone nearby.
Read more here:
https://www.inquirer.com/business/la...-20200624.html

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
I said it before but it bears repeating: the color is not the problem with this building. It's the massing. It's boxy and top-heavy. Why is no one talking about that? why is everyone so focused on the color?
For me, it's more the height. When the SY was first proposed, I was taken in awe of seeing another great skyline proposal for Schuylkill River's western bank. Now, with another proposal for a disappointing 150+ ft tall building on 3151 Market (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=243165) plus this tower, it's no wonder why I didn't even put full stock on SY. visualizing 32nd and Market from being proposed as a breathtaking urban nexus into a very mediocre one with this proposal is highly insulting and highly underwhelming. This is what makes Hudson Yards more superior than what's even being considered for SY because the developers for HY are staying the course on what gets built rather than just plunking anything down just because it's a building for SY.

The original SY proposals was breathtaking and it did take away the funk of not seeing another mothballed proposal not getting built. It reminds me of when the Camden Waterfront project was first proposed and everybody was aghast about the proposal plus the potential of seeing Camden coming back was the talk to the town and Liberty Property Trust chopped down the height and downscaled the quality to the point where the design is very mediocre at best.

I personally believe there should be a law in which if a developer or an architect changes the design or the height of a proposed tower, then it should be put into vote again by the city council and all fees associated with licenses have to be paid again. I'd rather see an empty lot than what's currently being proposed. Everybody gets on my about the ACC but after seeing a few of these proposals, I'd rather be clamoring for a mothballed tower than a tower that's poorly conceived and designed but that's just me.

The design could fit in with Temple University or a corporate park but not close to a major downtown that Philadelphia has and I wonder whether SY could really help Philadelphia become the "Next Great City" according to National Geographic. Well, here's hoping the 2901 Arch Street - Transit Terminal Tower is a sure reality in a few years because Philadelphia's gonna need that tower!!!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 3:42 PM

^I was on the edge of my seat for that ACC mention, and the old wanderer34 delivered again!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
For me, it's more the height. When the SY was first proposed, I was taken in awe of seeing another great skyline proposal for Schuylkill River's western bank. Now, with another proposal for a disappointing 150+ ft tall building on 3151 Market (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=243165) plus this tower, it's no wonder why I didn't even put full stock on SY. visualizing 32nd and Market from being proposed as a breathtaking urban nexus into a very mediocre one with this proposal is highly insulting and highly underwhelming. This is what makes Hudson Yards more superior than what's even being considered for SY because the developers for HY are staying the course on what gets built rather than just plunking anything down just because it's a building for SY.

The original SY proposals was breathtaking and it did take away the funk of not seeing another mothballed proposal not getting built. It reminds me of when the Camden Waterfront project was first proposed and everybody was aghast about the proposal plus the potential of seeing Camden coming back was the talk to the town and Liberty Property Trust chopped down the height and downscaled the quality to the point where the design is very mediocre at best.

I personally believe there should be a law in which if a developer or an architect changes the design or the height of a proposed tower, then it should be put into vote again by the city council and all fees associated with licenses have to be paid again. I'd rather see an empty lot than what's currently being proposed. Everybody gets on my about the ACC but after seeing a few of these proposals, I'd rather be clamoring for a mothballed tower than a tower that's poorly conceived and designed but that's just me.

The design could fit in with Temple University or a corporate park but not close to a major downtown that Philadelphia has and I wonder whether SY could really help Philadelphia become the "Next Great City" according to National Geographic. Well, here's hoping the 2901 Arch Street - Transit Terminal Tower is a sure reality in a few years because Philadelphia's gonna need that tower!!!
All of this is very noble.

You can't force developers to build towers for tenants that don't exist.

If you care this much about adding height to the skyline, you should put all of your energy into demanding corporate tax reform in Philadelphia and PA. More than anything else, that would create demand for office space, particularly in Philadelphia.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
All of this is very noble.

You can't force developers to build towers for tenants that don't exist.

If you care this much about adding height to the skyline, you should put all of your energy into demanding corporate tax reform in Philadelphia and PA. More than anything else, that would create demand for office space, particularly in Philadelphia.
What I'm saying is either build the proposed tower, or if you don't have the demand, and you have to greatly reduce the height to the point where the building is insignificant, then don't build AT ALL!!! I'd rather have an empty lot than a puny building where the revenue isn't that great!!! There's more than enough space outside Center City to place a 150 ft building. If anything, place it inside the Navy Yard or place it in Conshohocken or a corporate park. Anywhere outside of CC.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 5:43 PM

I honestly believe all of the towers on the 2016 renderings are placeholders. I'm mostly fine with the 512 foot tower, but I believe they actually do want a supertall. They just haven't revealed it yet

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals