HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 4:33 PM

So no Perreault tonight.. He's back in the yellow non-contact jersey today. Maybe for game 4..

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 5:01 PM

Lots of tickets available on Ticketmaster for tonight's and Thursday's game. Lots being maybe 30-40.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Lots of tickets available on Ticketmaster for tonight's and Thursday's game. Lots being maybe 30-40.
Also noticed that there are quite a few available via seat exchange where as I couldn't find a pair in the first round. Guessing it's a combination of increased price and people who are satisfied with getting in the door for a game already.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 7:29 PM

RCAF

Verified account

@RCAF_ARC
7m7 minutes ago
More
Here we go, #Winnipeg! Keep your eyes posted to the skies, as two #RCAF CF-18 Hornet fighter jets will conduct a flyby @ approx. 7 p.m. CDT over @bellmtsplace and @NHLJets #WPGWhiteout Street Party to mark the Jets' first home game of the second round of the #StanleyCupPlayoffs!

Winnipeg TMC

@WinnipegTMC
29m29 minutes ago
More
TRAFFIC ALERT: Small object in the roadway DONALD and GRAHAM!! #WPGwhiteout Streets around the MTS centre now closed in preparation for the game tonight. allow extra time, be alert when driving in the area. use the waze app/website for closure info. #NHLJets #winnipeg #traffic

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Also noticed that there are quite a few available via seat exchange where as I couldn't find a pair in the first round. Guessing it's a combination of increased price and people who are satisfied with getting in the door for a game already.
With most tickets being $200+ a seat, for season ticket holders, and the Jets looking like serious contenders for a deep run people cannot afford to be at every game. What seems to be happening right now is people got their first game in under round 1 and are looking to the conference finals or Stanely Cup finals as their next buy in point. They are then trying to move some of the middle games to try and defer some of their overall costs.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 8:32 PM
What could go wrong?

There was only maybe 15 seats available when I was just looking.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 8:44 PM

If you had 2 seats selected, it will only show you pairs of tickets. If you change that back down to 1 seat, there are still 40-50 available. Lots of pairs or evens 4's still. There are less seats available for Thursday. Maybe about 20.

Tix for todays game from just now.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 8:51 PM

If we make it to the next round I'm sure we'll get better home games because we will be the top seed. I think we would get the Friday/Sunday or Thursday/Saturday or at least two weekend games in the first 5 games. I wonder how much tickets will be in round 3 or 4.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 9:49 PM

You never know. CBC decides and they still think the Leafs are in the playoffs.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 1:25 PM
What could go wrong?

Thanks bomberjet, I didn't realize that.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 1:28 PM
What could go wrong?

Oh yeah I forgot......HOLY SHIT what a game! We really have something special here. I can't wait until Thursday.

GO Jets GO!

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 2:41 PM

"Stunning comeback!" - Jim Hughson

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 2:49 PM
arf

That was ridiculous and excellent.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 3:51 PM

My favourite was the play by play team saying "it should really be a tie game now" seconds before the tying goal is scored.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 8:06 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
You never know. CBC decides and they still think the Leafs are in the playoffs.
Except, Sportsnet has full control of NHL hockey programming on CBC, but your point still stands.

The ridiculous bias against the Jets is downright awful.

I can't say it just yet, but it's starting to turn around now. Then again, there's probably an article out there saying "With the Jets come-from-behind victory in last night's game over the Preds, what does this mean for the Leafs into the off-season?"

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 8:22 PM

I don't get the sense that Sportsnet/CBC is selling Winnipeg short in this round... if anything, they've been pumping the city and the team's tires quite a bit.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 8:39 PM

Another gem from last night's broadcast was calling the Jets "Canada's team". That is a pretty though pill to force most of Canada to take.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Another gem from last night's broadcast was calling the Jets "Canada's team". That is a pretty though pill to force most of Canada to take.
You can't blame the Canadian TV rightsholder for trying to make it relevant to the rest of the country...

Although from what I recall, despite what people say, Canada does tend to get into the finals more when there is a Canadian team in it. The last time I really noticed people in Canada paying close attention to a Stanley Cup Final was the 2011 series between Vancouver and Boston. I was in Edmonton at the time of the game 7 and it was definitely the talk of the town... it was was similar when Edmonton and Calgary made it in the 2000s, although it was somehow less noticeable when the Sens were in the finals in 2007.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 9:03 PM

While I've always been of the mindset "if it's not MY team, I don't want any to succeed" (lol, Red Wings fan) – there's know doubt that a massive portion of Canadians really want to see a Canadian team win, even if it isn't theirs.

I totally agree with some peoples' Sportsnet assessment though – seems like they care more about Pittsburgh. Meanwhile NBC Sports is LOVING Winnipeg and has fantastic coverage (here), and TSN has been all over the Jets since the All-Star break.

If you're on Twitter, follow @NHLonNBC – it's hands-down the best hockey account. They're just about the only NHL stakeholder that seems to "get it" when it comes to bringing new people to hockey, using the technology-driven model the NBA has become so successful with.

Old Posted May 2, 2018, 9:57 PM

I'd agree about NHLonNBC. Great stuff.

Looks like there are no tix for tomorrows game. Perreault looks to be in this time, coaches decision. So if he's not in, blame PoMo. Apparently he was trolling the press during practice the other day when he donned the normal blue jersey instead of the non-contact yellow. Seriously haha

Jets need to come out flying tomorrow and take the lead early. Will be quite something if they can head back to NSH up 3-1.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan