Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 3:59 AM

Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 3:14 AM

Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 3:17 AM

Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 3:20 AM

Old Posted Feb 11, 2019, 2:51 AM

Lviv, Ukraine

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 9:39 AM
BANNED

I did not think that Ukraine is so cozy and beautiful.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2020, 7:52 PM

I believe Kiev has the potential to be a fantastic tourist destination. I used to visit very often due to work and then stopped my trips. I missed it and last year in October I paid a visit to friends in Kiev. The city had improved a lot: many buildings refurbished, and clear improvements in some public areas. However they will need to address the problem of traffic soon. Too many cars for a city with few parking areas and with a complex geography: lots of hills plus the river. The subway is good, which is a great astarting point

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 9:31 PM
Illustrator, editor

Ukraine looks beautiful, Kyiv has the most unique architecture among European capitals! Wanted to visit last summer but covid stopped it. Now it seems impossible for a long time. Hope there will be peace in Ukraine soon and that the suffering will end!

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsky View Post
Ukraine looks beautiful, Kyiv has the most unique architecture among European capitals! Wanted to visit last summer but covid stopped it. Now it seems impossible for a long time. Hope there will be peace in Ukraine soon and that the suffering will end!
Sad situation as we all wait to see what happens to the people. Sad in this da and age having that type of loss of human life.

Hopefully many of those historic buildings also service. At this point the focus has to be the people.

Lets hope they can swiftly repeal the invasion.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 6:11 AM

Beautiful city. I hope its buildings won't be destroyed.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 4:50 PM

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 4:52 PM

Old Posted Apr 30, 2023, 7:45 PM

реклама на сай

по моему мнению вы допускаете ошибку. давайте обсудим. пишите мне в pm.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2023, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Nunez View Post
I believe Kiev has the potential to be a fantastic tourist destination. I used to visit very often due to work and then stopped my trips. I missed it and last year in October I paid a visit to friends in Kiev. The city had improved a lot: many buildings refurbished, and clear improvements in some public areas. However they will need to address the problem of traffic soon. Too many cars for a city with few parking areas and with a complex geography: lots of hills plus the river. The subway is good, which is a great astarting point
The allure of Ukraine's beauty is undeniable, and Kyiv boasts the most distinctive architecture among all European capitals. I had hoped to visit last summer, but unfortunately, the plans were thwarted by the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Regrettably, the possibility of a visit remains remote for the foreseeable future. Let's remain optimistic for a swift return to peace in Ukraine, and may the suffering come to an end soon.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2023, 1:47 PM
Doc Love 3.0

Kyiv is one of the great ancient cities of Eastern Europe it’s heartbreaking how much the city and people of Ukraine lost in the 20th century in terms of lives and national heritage. There’s great and powerful history in this city despite what has been lost during repeated invasions and occupations. It’s in the background of the more realpolitik dimensions of the war going on today.

There’s still a few bit and pieces of ancient history dating back to Kievan Rus circa 10th-12th century and beautiful historic architecture from the city’s rich cultural heritage. The city has struggled to shake off the turmoil of the past rebuilding some of what’s been lost and trying to find its own identity. It’s heartening to see despite all the horror of war a new generation of young leaders fighting for a democracy and creating new tradition to be proud of in a country that lacked modern national hero’s not tainted by the bloody past.

Peace can’t come soon enough but I hope it’s a real peace this time. Not one that will leave the country vulnerable with hostile armies pointed at its heartland holding key industries and regions. Yet up to the people to decide how much they are willing to sacrifice to liberate their occupied territories. Though I get the impression for now at least that it has to be victory or this repeated all over again in 10 or 20 years.

There’s so much potential Ukraine is a beautiful country from the high alpine peaks of the Carpathian’s in the west to the subtropical fringe of the far south on the Black Sea. Odesa, Liviv & Kyiv are all beautiful places though corruption and war has taken its toll on the country I’d love to visit the homeland of my grandfathers parents when peace comes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe