HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 9:25 PM

this will be an awesome development. it is a shame there wasn't more height on the southern tower along W Georgia.

i cant wait to see when it is done.

anyone know the actual total square footage?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 11:48 PM

Gosh, if only there was a free, widely available online resource where we could quickly and easily look these things up...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis_Van View Post
Gosh, if only there was a free, widely available online resource where we could quickly and easily look these things up...

i saw that... but that doesnt seem like all that much based on the size of that building...

Old Posted Sep 21, 2020, 11:56 PM

Ok, I’m done being a dick now. :-) There’s a bit more detail here: https://www.quadreal.com/casestudy/the-post-vancouver/

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
i saw that... but that doesnt seem like all that much based on the size of that building...
A lot of parking.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
So you're not going to believe the developer's own website?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 2:04 AM

Symmetry!

Nice to see 3 sets of vent grates and dark spandrel to match the west alcove.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 6:47 AM

Sept.26 '20, my pics

Last edited by mcminsen; Sep 28, 2020 at 7:15 AM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 6:48 AM

Sept.26 '20, my pics

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 11:40 PM

Looks like test lighting strips under the Coat of Arms and for the facade generally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Sept.26 '20, my pics

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 1:14 AM

Apparently, the Loblaws at The Post will be a lot like this one recently opened in Toronto:

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...ock-storefront

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Apparently, the Loblaws at The Post will be a lot like this one recently opened in Toronto:

https://www.retail-insider.com/retai...ock-storefront
Now the Amazon employees can have lunch at the competition every day. . Loving it.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 2:17 AM

any chance of an Amazon Go store? or their top seller store, loved both of those in Seattle

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 1:36 AM

By me today:

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
By me today:

So Mr/Miss/Mrs./Ms person that Dwells in an Office, could I be so bold to ask that rather than a 'pic by me' approach, could you possibly add more pics, maybe a bit more dynamic along the lines of Klazu, McMinsen. I seem to open up forums on buildings I like to see progress but your singular pic, possibly only taken from the 'Office in which you Dwell' sometimes frustrates me because it is singular and lacks any new revolutionary information. Sorry.

Last edited by ranvancan; Oct 1, 2020 at 3:36 AM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranvancan View Post
So Mr/Miss/Mrs./Ms person that Dwells in an Office, could I be so bold to ask that rather than a 'pic by me' approach, could you possibly add more pics, maybe a bit more dynamic along the lines of Klazu, McMinsen. I seem to open up forums on buildings I like to see progress but your singular pic, possibly only taken from the 'Office in which you Dwell' sometimes frustrates me because it is singular and lacks any new revolutionary information. Sorry.
I enjoy his updates, from that perspective there is no need for multiple shots. Most of us check the tread as updates are posted, if you need to see his previous posts just search the tread by username.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:19 AM

I'm leaving the comprehensive updates to McMinsen, who is retired and has the time to do so.

I just take pics from whereever I happen to be rather than making specific trips to do so.
So, as you've noted, the majority are either from home or work or the walk between the two!!
It also takes a long time to resize the pics, upload them and post them.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 4:41 AM

Quote:

Do you have a camera?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 7:24 AM
perhaps . . .

After just 73 posts, you ranvancan should not be addressing anyone in this manner. Even after 5,000 posts: DO NOT criticize anyone who provides pictures for the rest of us. Do Not advise our precious contributors - thank them. NO you cannot be so BOLD. officedweller has been posting his unique viewpoints for a long time and they are appreciated on their merits. You should apologize. (No, your 'sorry' won't cut it.)

If you want something different, go get a camera and post away. If you are not in the position to do so, consider that officedweller contributes what he/she feels he/she can from his/her position.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Piling on to sing Officedweller's praise, they're one of the most consistently informative, knowledgeable, level-headed, and positive folks on this forum. Their continuous contributions over the years (and decades) that I have been on SSP, including photos, historic knowledge, scrounging up of archival documents (most predating the internet), and bird's eye view on the CBD and Yaletown from home and work, have been tremendously welcome to me and, I dare say, to most others on SSP. It's totally fine to make a request of anyone here for specific photos or anything, but don't be snarky about it.

The incremental progress photo is (or at least was) a staple of this forum and part of why it originally interested me. It crossed over from a general interest planning and development forum to one involving construction and architecture. Hell, I learned a lot about construction from conversations here and pouring over photos. I have found that I built upon its foundation in grad school and still use some of it in my professional life. It's won me looks of disbelief when I have been able to casually drop knowledge bombs into conversations about the minutiae of specific project's construction and earned street cred by being able to genuinely list three, four, five buildings off the top of my head - by street address and marketing name - that use X, Y, or Z architect or general contractor or a specific architectural solution.

Made up example: "Oh yeah, the structural engineering skill in this town has really come a long way. Think back to Spectrum, which was mind blowing at the time with its with rebar mega-columns and transfer slabs that looked like highway overpass bents, and then compare that to the physics-defying Vancouver House, or the angled columns 685 Pacific Boulevard or Concord Brentwood? We're in a different league now."

Last edited by SFUVancouver; Oct 1, 2020 at 12:48 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver