HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post

Also quite frankly I don't hate the height limit. It's allowing the growth to spread out a bit more into more projects, rather than focus in a few 45 storey towers. It'll let the city "fill out" faster.
I think with a property the size of City Centre with multiple high rises proposed, "filling out" is a bit redundant. As it is proposed there are 4 towers consisting of 114 storeys. It doesn't fill out anything more than the plot it sits on so a 55 fl tower and and 45 fl tower and a 14 fl midrise does the same thing. Jason Thorne has already said there can be exceptions to the height limit for exceptional proposals. City Centre could easily be an incredible proposal. As could Royal Connaught, Liuna Cobalt. I'm not saying they should all be huge but this 30 floor limit is just lame.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton