HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post

Besides how did this thread get changed from a sports topic to talking about the Mormon Religion?
Are you retarded? Your answer is in your last several posts. Because you stupid bastards keep ranting and raving about it.

"You have more Mormons! No, you do! I want less Mormons! Here's a goddamn map to show you where all the mormon churches are. Oh yeah, well, Mormons are stupid and my football team has won this many games against your conference! Well your conference has this many Mormon churches in it!"

This thread has becomes a heap of bullshit.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 7:20 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Are you retarded? Your answer is in your last several posts. Because you stupid bastards keep ranting and raving about it.

"You have more Mormons! No, you do! I want less Mormons! Here's a goddamn map to show you where all the mormon churches are. Oh yeah, well, Mormons are stupid and my football team has won this many games against your conference! Well your conference has this many Mormon churches in it!"

This thread has becomes a heap of bullshit.
Yeah it has become a heap of bullshit to quote your remark to blm3034L!fe .

I read through the last several pages and have to smirk that a few forumers from a neighboring state, mind you who don't live in Boise and maybe visited here and are trying to tell those of us who do live in the religiously diverse city of Boise what kind of culture we have and how many LDS members we have in this city, as if we have no clue. For good or bad this city kind of has a reputation of being anti-Mormon because of the more liberal leaning various congregations here. Meridian is more considered the Little Zion within the Treasure Valley.

But lets get back to football and put the religious topic to bed.

I was biking on the Greenbelt yesterday after work and noticed how beautiful all of the colorful trees are along the Boise River and next to Bronco Stadium.
Bronco Stadium is in a grand location right next to the river and it will be nice to see the rest of the stadium completed. Does anyone know the capacity it will have when the last link is filled in?
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; Oct 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 9:05 PM
MANNING IS HERE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
My dream season would be for Denver and Minneapolis to go un defeated and make it to the super bowl then Denver win in a close game by holding Minneapolis to 0 points in the second half.

you're about as insane in football fantasies as you are with the pueblo fantasies

Cityscapes, skylines, landscapes and more at http://www.gjmphotography.com/

Old Posted Oct 21, 2009, 9:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoCSU05 View Post
you're about as insane in football fantasies as you are with the pueblo fantasies
At least I am consistent!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Yeah it has become a heap of bullshit to quote your remark to blm3034L!fe .

I read through the last several pages and have to smirk that a few forumers from a neighboring state, mind you who don't live in Boise and maybe visited here and are trying to tell those of us who do live in the religiously diverse city of Boise what kind of culture we have and how many LDS members we have in this city, as if we have no clue.
The only reason I said anything is because you were making it sound as if there's very little mormon presence at all in the city and area, when in fact, the percent of mormons there are higher than almost anywhere in the world percentange wise, save Utah (which isn't saying a ton obviously, seeing there aren't that many mormons in general, but it's still clarifying).

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
that's exactly it... what constitutes elite? I mean cmon if we want to go down that road nobody in the wac or mwc would be considered elite which is why none of us are in the BCS.
The tit for tat is merely personal opinions towards hometown teams. The point of any team thats non BCS being ranked highly is that it busts the BCS elite mentality
Does Boise state deserve to be ranked #4? that's questionable, but considering the fact that they are means that someone/computer calculations believe them to be. And I don't doubt it has a lot to do with beating oregon and oregon beating everyone in the Pac-10. Do you criticize the fact that they are based on your opinion? and is that opinion rooted in the fact that they actually are having a good season and utah/BYU aren't in the picture this season?
I don't remember boise state fans tearing down Utah last year.. Probably because they took solice in knowing that they can compete and BEAT MWC leaders..
The MWC would be better off having Boise State, and Boise State would be better off in MWC, but the two don't certainly need each other to bust the BCS.. Only thing is the threat of Boise State stepping on the toes of MWC ritual leaders each year and giving them one more tough team to have to play.
So lets not sit here and tear down boise state's schedule when good teams refuse to play them, and the MWC refuses to want them...
That just reeks of chicken-shit as far as I'm concerned.. but that's rivalry speaking of course.. hehehe..
season's still early.... anything can happen...
here's to a good season for all NON-BCS teams

oh.. and BOI - SEE - STATE!

Your posting lately has improved 100%.. Nice work.. I think BSU is questionable as well with that schedule but you can't argue their consistency and 6-0 record.. Boise has came clean about their scheduling though. It's not all, "nobody wants to play us". Many other MWC teams with that stadium size have been able to score 2 for 1 deals with teams like Texas, Virginia and Ole Miss.. Going to Boise is a tough place to play for sure but I think your AD has finally said, we need to improve our schedule.. Hence Va tech in 2010..

Boise should have an easy time the rest of the way in the WAC....

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 1:11 AM
Always running Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
Your posting lately has improved 100%.. Nice work.. I think BSU is questionable as well with that schedule but you can't argue their consistency and 6-0 record.. Boise has came clean about their scheduling though. It's not all, "nobody wants to play us". Many other MWC teams with that stadium size have been able to score 2 for 1 deals with teams like Texas, Virginia and Ole Miss.. Going to Boise is a tough place to play for sure but I think your AD has finally said, we need to improve our schedule.. Hence Va tech in 2010..

Boise should have an easy time the rest of the way in the WAC....
utenation approved huh?
granted you know as well as I do that oregon has a lot to do with boise state being ranked high AND utah being ranked where they are too... had oregon bombed out in the PAC 10.. utah's loss to them would have been much more drastic, and utah's ranking very well could be non existant...
Unfortunately that is how all of us NON BCS teams get formulated into the rankings.. which is why I still think that if you want to be able to say you're better than someone else.. you should have to play them and prove it... course that would require year round season! haha

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 1:27 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
So 100,000 people plus the 100,000 people Pueblo has would make us 200,000 people and only about 350,000 people less then Denver. Where is the red carpet?

If you can want em? Take em'

Oh and BTW City and County of Denver has 600,000+ Population Not 550,000 Population.

What the hell am I going to do with my Saturday now that the Bronco's have a by week? I think I'll still watch football but probably not much maybe go downtown with my boys and check things out.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 3:24 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post

What the hell am I going to do with my Saturday now that the Bronco's have a by week? I think I'll still watch football but probably not much maybe go downtown with my boys and check things out.
Really? Saturday?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 4:40 AM

Quote:
utenation approved huh?
granted you know as well as I do that oregon has a lot to do with boise state being ranked high AND utah being ranked where they are too... had oregon bombed out in the PAC 10.. utah's loss to them would have been much more drastic, and utah's ranking very well could be non existant...
Unfortunately that is how all of us NON BCS teams get formulated into the rankings.. which is why I still think that if you want to be able to say you're better than someone else.. you should have to play them and prove it... course that would require year round season! haha
Pretty close... Oregon is helping keep Utah's SOS good, but we were out of the rankings for 3 weeks after losing to them.. I think a solid reputation of 3 wins in a row combined with a strong conference image has helped Utah climb back in. We've played 4 road games and won 3, that helps too.

It probably doesn't hurt that we played them close in Eugene but you really only get to rely on wins over teams like Oregon...

Boise is riding that good win for sure .

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 5:47 AM

I don't know if any of you paid any attention to this, but #1 Florida almost lost to an unranked team, Arkansas. And Florida is still #1. That just goes to show how questionable the rankings are. I think Oregon or BSU could possibly beat Florida if the chance was given.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2009, 6:19 PM
Always running Late

Quote:
Pretty close... Oregon is helping keep Utah's SOS good, but we were out of the rankings for 3 weeks after losing to them.. I think a solid reputation of 3 wins in a row combined with a strong conference image has helped Utah climb back in. We've played 4 road games and won 3, that helps too.

It probably doesn't hurt that we played them close in Eugene but you really only get to rely on wins over teams like Oregon...

Boise is riding that good win for sure .
but when utah lost to them they were only ranked like 16th, and hadn't proven themselves in the pac-10 yet. Surely wins helps your ranking, but all of us non bcs teams are not taken seriously and our rank depends quite a bit on our record against BCS teams than within our own conferences.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 4:28 AM

Quote:
but when utah lost to them they were only ranked like 16th, and hadn't proven themselves in the pac-10 yet. Surely wins helps your ranking, but all of us non bcs teams are not taken seriously and our rank depends quite a bit on our record against BCS teams than within our own conferences.
BYU and TCU match up this weekend and it will matter quite a bit and both are highly ranked..

But I agree, perception against AQ teams is how we make our living for the most part.. Getting Oregon at home like BSU did helped quite a bit to get that win... As did Utah getting Oregon St at home last year..

TCU and BYU however went out on the road and pulled some nice wins against AQ teams this year and has helped them with their rankings...

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 6:56 AM

And Metro Denver is now a tad over 3 million. Go Broncos! Go Navy!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 9:19 PM
NYC Rick

The Denver metro is not about 3 million...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSailor View Post
And Metro Denver is now a tad over 3 million. Go Broncos! Go Navy!
The CMSA or whatever they call it is now is around 3,000,000.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 9:55 PM

Many forget Boulder has its own metro. Here's the 2008 estimates from the Census Bureau - http://www.census.gov/popest/metro/t...EST2008-01.csv

Anyway, how good did TCU look? Though I didn't have a huge amount of faith in BYU after they got dominated at home by Florida State.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Nope. Just pointing out where Cottonwood was wrong...
Sorry there mr or ms utie, I am not wrong but for some reason you had a bad day or had a personal issue to take out online and tried to railroad me and I believe you are the reason this thread took the bad turn it did last week. Threads going bad kind of runs rampant lately because of a few unhappy beehives. I was not stating numbers but only said what I believed to be and you (whoever you might be) as the typical bitter person you are turned it all into a bunch of bickering over such an innocent post I had left. What a joke.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 11:22 PM
BANNED

The Broncos have signed former CU standout and NFL veteran Mitch Berger to be the team's punter. The team waived second-year punter Brett Kern. 850KOA.com is your source for breaking local news and traffic updates around the clock.

Denver needed a punter......

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 11:47 PM

Speaking of kickers, I wish Boise State would start a new one.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 11:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
Speaking of kickers, I wish Boise State would start a new one.
Why?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West