HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Waldorf Astoria Hotel & Residences Miami in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 6:23 PM

98-Story Supertall Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences Will Launch Sales In March

98-Story Supertall Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences Will Launch Sales In March
https://www.thenextmiami.com/98-stor...ales-in-march/

Miami’s 98-story Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Residences supertall tower is about to open their new sales center for the first time.

A source at the developer confirmed that sales for units at the Waldorf tower will begin in March.

The launch comes shortly after developer PMG launched sales for another nearby building, E11even Hotel & Residences in Park West.

The Waldorf becomes the tallest building to ever launch sales in Miami.

A 6,144 square foot sales center for the project is nearing completion at 400 Biscayne, a block north of the development site at 300 Biscayne.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 6:39 PM

Could Miami FINALLY be getting a super tall ?

Last edited by Dale; Feb 11, 2021 at 9:53 PM.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 6:40 PM
BANNED

I love it!

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 9:53 PM

I think it’s brilliant.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Could Miami FINALLY be getting a super tall ?
I feel like I've uttered these words every day since 2005.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 6:36 AM
Everywhere all at once

Apparently, the migration of wealth to Florida in response to the upheaval of the pandemic is REAL. These '20s could end up being as consequential for Miami as, well, the last '20s were.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
I feel like I've uttered these words every day since 2005.
What NYC2ATX said. The world is moving to Miami.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2021, 8:47 PM

https://www.thenextmiami.com/100-sto...rs-completion/

100-Story Waldorf Supertall Submitted To The FAA At 1,040 Feet As Sales Center Nears Completion

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 8:06 PM

https://www.thenextmiami.com/sales-t...ory-supertall/

Sales Team Now In Place For Waldorf Astoria, Miami’s First 100-Story Supertall

The Waldorf Astoria residences, which is set to become Miami’s first ever 100-story supertall, now has a sales team in place – and they are confident that the tower will sell out.

The developer has previously said that Waldorf Astoria Miami will have a sell-out value of $1 billion. A total of 400 condos and 205 hotel keys are planned.

The tower itself will rise 1,040 feet above ground, or 1,049 feet above sea level. That is about 200 feet taller than any building ever built in Miami.

PMG the developer of the project, will launch an in-house sales team to oversee the effort.

E11even, another new tower being launched by PMG, will also be handled by a sales team that is in house.

“Waldorf Astoria Residences Miami and E11even Hotel & Residences Miami are stellar, one-of-a-kind projects, and we are extremely confident we will have success in selling out these iconic residential developments,” said Sergio Pintos, Principal at PMG Residential.

Photos taken this week show that the Waldorf sales center is nearly ready to open.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 3:32 AM

New Renderings & Details Of 100-Story Waldorf Astoria Miami, Which Will Become ‘Architectural Wonder’

https://www.thenextmiami.com/new-ren...ctural-wonder/

The developers of the 100-story Waldorf Astoria Miami supertall have released new details of the project, and have launched sales.

According to developer PMG, the building will become “an architectural wonder.”

In a statement, architect Carlos Ott said the tower will be a “distinguished sculpture that would permanently alter Miami’s skyline with height and design never seen before.”

The tower will be comprised of nine spiraling offset cubes which Ott says will distinguish it from anything on the East Coast.

The developer also said it will be the tallest residential building south of New York City, at 1,049 feet above sea level. Miami’s current tallest building of any type is the 85-story, 868-foot Panorama Tower.

The Waldorf will include 360 private residential condo units, as well as 205 hotel rooms and suites.

Sieger Suarez is the architect of record. Interior design is by California’s BAMO.

Prices start at $1 million.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 3:47 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

I like it, but "architectural wonder" is a tad bit presumptious. The Independent in Austin is rolling its eyes at that claim. That skyline render also looks way out of scale. Still, hope this moves forward and genuinely like the design. Just doesn't need all the superlatives.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 12:27 PM

As much as I like this tower, I am praying that one day we get a frikin spire rather than another flat roof.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 4:01 PM
Ω

I like how the rendering shows occupied units on the very top mechanical floors.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2021, 6:04 PM
Meh

I like it. We have The Independent in Austin, which is similar, and I wasn't sure how much I would like The Independent. It still isn't my favorite building and there are things about it that bug me like the base, and also the top at certain times of the day. Other times of the day the top looks great when the light is different. Overall, I like it, though, and it has added something big to the skyline that no other building has, and not just because it's our tallest. The lighting at night, however, has turned out to be pretty spectacular even though it's a bit understated.

This building in Miami, besides having a similar form, also has some facade similarities with the balconies. Those are also one of things I go back and forth on with The Indpendent of "do I like it or not?" Sometimes I'm not a fan of them, and other times they look pretty good. It just depends on the light/weather. I do like the vertical bracing they did. I don't know if those are structural or not - probably not, but they do add something to the facade that I think is missing from the Independent.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 5:51 PM

Sales barely launched and “Hundreds of Millions Sold” seems promising!

https://www.thenextmiami.com/100-sto...rth-of-condos/

Correction: “hundreds and hundreds of millions.”

Last edited by Dale; May 3, 2021 at 6:49 PM.

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 7:04 PM
DENNAB

This building rules. That last rendering above the clouds is epic.

Incredibly exciting that a 300+ meter buildings outside of NY or Chicago may actually get built. Only Miami and Austin (and maybe Seattle?) have serious proposals at the moment.

Old Posted May 3, 2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
This building rules. That last rendering above the clouds is epic.

Incredibly exciting that a 300+ meter buildings outside of NY or Chicago may actually get built. Only Miami and Austin (and maybe Seattle?) have serious proposals at the moment.
Obviously not a done deal. But I’m scrounging around for that Ron Paul “It’s Happening!!!” GIF.

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 4:08 AM

So exciting!!!!

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 8:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZXNkwoeqo

at 2:03, there's a rendering of the tower.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 4:28 AM

First Quarter 2022 ground breaking announced.

https://www.thenextmiami.com/100-sto...roundbreaking/

Quote:
The Waldorf Astoria Residences Miami held a grand opening celebration for their sales center last week and announced the project would break ground soon.

At the event, the developer announced that the 100-story tower would break ground in the first quarter of 2022. The announcement was made by Kevin Maloney, the managing partner of developer PMG.

“We put together over 10 years of hard work, have already broken sales records in this building and we’re looking forward to breaking ground during the first quarter of next year,” Maloney said.

Guests at the opening party were entertained by opera singers who performed live.

Attendees included Miami Mayor Francis Suarez and Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava.

The developers of the project say their 11,000 square foot sales center is among the largest and most technologically advanced sales galleries in the Miami area, and is designed to evoke the essence of an immersive museum.

Inside, visitors can see a massive 24-foot scale model of the 100-story tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction