HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 4:39 AM

Observation Deck of the Southland Life Building in Dallas

Does anyone remember the 42nd floor observation deck of the Southland Life Building in Downtown Dallas and what year did the deck close? I do know that the skyscraper was built in 1958 and was the tallest building west of the Mississippi River when it was built. The observation deck was open from when the building opened in 1958 until at least the 1970's and I have heard until 1988. What I do hope is that the observation deck will be reopened to the public in the near future. Can anyone confirm what year the observation deck was closed to the public? Also here is a video that shows the Southland Life Building observation deck at around the 4:40 mark and does anyone have any additional pictures and videos of the observation deck back when it was open to the public and today as well? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIgkleMcEv0&t=10s

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral