HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 28, 2020, 3:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's a T&T photo of Evolution Place on Champlain Street:

Two buildings with ground floor commercial, and upper level apartments (48 units), expected to be completed in March 2021.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2020, 3:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
There is construction fencing up and excavation underway on the lot between the Montessori Dieppe building and the Uni building on Champlain street. Looks like another project for downtown Dieppe.
The T&T article accompanying the photo in the post immediately above this one confirms that this other construction project across the street will be a five storey mixed use building with 35 rental units and indoor parking. The developer is Keocor Real Estate.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 7:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The base for the tower crane for this building at the corner of Nathalie & Dieppe Blvd is being installed.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 9:37 PM

New little Plaza coming at 544 Gauvin looks like probably up to 4 business front of Lou Macnarin

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 10:07 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadieman View Post
New little Plaza coming at 544 Gauvin looks like probably up to 4 business front of Lou Macnarin
Est-ce que c'est le vrai Acadieman??????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9esdTei03A

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the T&T, Horizon Place has been sold to Killam Properties of Halifax for $55M.

I wonder if this money will be used by Sira to fund other projects elsewhere in the city???

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 4:17 PM

Stumbled across this recent aerial view of Promenade 9 on the Colliers Canada web site.

https://www.collierscanada.com/en-ca...ada/can2003678

Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 5:07 PM

Dieppe has said for a long time that their long term plan was to extend Paul St around to Alain-Gilette. With the way Promenade Neuf is configured (especially the parking area), I'm not sure how this will be possible now without drastic realignment of the intersection somehow.

Although it's a beautiful spot, I've always thought the P9 building is oriented very strangely on the lot and that overhead photo sort of confirms it. It is not parallel to the road, but angles gradually away from it. Also it is set back from the road for seemingly no particular reason. Maybe because they didn't want to spend to bury the power lines.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 7:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Apparently the first commercial tenant for "P9" (I like that abbreviation for Promenade Neuf) has been secured, and will be announced shortly. It will be going into that ground floor unit in the photo above which has the plywood covering the windows.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
Dieppe has said for a long time that their long term plan was to extend Paul St around to Alain-Gilette. With the way Promenade Neuf is configured (especially the parking area), I'm not sure how this will be possible now without drastic realignment of the intersection somehow.

Although it's a beautiful spot, I've always thought the P9 building is oriented very strangely on the lot and that overhead photo sort of confirms it. It is not parallel to the road, but angles gradually away from it. Also it is set back from the road for seemingly no particular reason. Maybe because they didn't want to spend to bury the power lines.
I agree on both points. The alignment of the building has had me scratching my head since day one. If I could ask the site manager one question, that would be it.

And for the plan to extend Paul st to here, great idea, but again, the way the parking spots are now created, there's no way that road extension is going to happen. They could always rip it out and start over of course.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:52 PM

They are working on installing the rest of the crane his morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The base for the tower crane for this building at the corner of Nathalie & Dieppe Blvd is being installed.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 3:34 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Given the way the concrete at the front of the building stops so far back from the parking lot, I'm thinking nobody expects that to be the permanent configuration.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:36 PM

It looks like it's an intersection to be lined up with Alain-Gillette Street; basically it looks like a road that they put parking lot markings on the sides for some reason currently.

But there wasn't anything there originally, so this is a parking lot area they purposefully put in, complete with handicap parking spots. Why would they do that?

The layout of hte parking lot with respect to the building does look strange, but I'm confused why they would bother putting any sort of parking lines down now before the building is anywhere near finished. Construction will probably still be going on well into the spring, so paving and painting the parking lot could easily wait until after winter.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

My take is that this is parking for the commercial establishment going in on the ground floor of the building. Maybe it is opening up before the spring, and they needed to have the parking completed before the snow flies.

I am pretty sure that the current commercial parking there will be temporary, and once the city of Dieppe decides to extend Paul Street, it will be replaced by new commercial parking closer to the sidewalk in front of the building.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 6:41 PM

T&T says a major expansion at the Dieppe Industrial Park is happening north of the airport. Adding another 70 acres.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2020, 6:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
T&T says a major expansion at the Dieppe Industrial Park is happening north of the airport. Adding another 70 acres.
And MID will likely be starting it's fifth industrial park across the TCH from the airport within the next several years. They've already cleared some of the land.

After that, MID has plans to double the size of the MID West Industrial Park.

The amount of activity this year in Caledonia, the MID West Park, and the Moncton East Business Park has been just insane. The industrial sector (and residential sector) has been saving the bacon of Moncton construction firms this year. There has been precious little activity in the governmental, institutional or commercial sectors.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2020, 9:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The tower crane for 49 Nathalie is now erected. It was too dark this evening to snap a photo. I will try again tomorrow.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2020, 3:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

49 Nathalie tower crane.

You can see a bit of the Elan apartment building in the background. There is supposed to be a second phase to the Elan development at some point. I am also willing to bet almost anything that there will eventually be another substantial apartment building built on the NE corner of Dieppe/Nathalie in the future as well. There is a large undeveloped lot there with a similar footprint to 49 Nathalie. It looks to me to be begging for an apartment building too. I just betcha there will be a cluster of apartment buildings here in 5-6 years time.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2020, 4:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mini tower crane has now been installed for the new five storey mixed used building under construction across from Evolution Place on Champlain Street.

Retail Talk & Share photo.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2020, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Mini tower crane has now been installed for the new five storey mixed used building under construction across from Evolution Place on Champlain Street.

Retail Talk & Share photo.
Is there renderings for this project? I can’t seem to remember what it looked like.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces