HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 1:20 AM

Sarajevo kicks-off regional skyscraper race!

At least I hope so

Avaz Twist Tower in the mist...

At 172 meters and 38 floors....who will be the first to top it, Zagreb, Belgrade or someone else? Maybe Podgorica?

Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 11:47 AM
YIMBY co-founder

This is one Balkan rivalry I can get behind! All the big cities out-doing eachother in Skyscrapers, I'm thinking it'd even have a good psychological effect on the people: looking forward.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 3:39 PM

Have it already reached the final structural height? It looks so.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2007, 9:15 PM

Yep! We're only waiting for the glass now
But they sure are taking their time...hopefully, they will finnish it before summer 2008.

Sarajevo today...

Old Posted Nov 1, 2007, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrbijaCG View Post
At least I hope so

Avaz Twist Tower in the mist...

At 172 meters and 38 floors....who will be the first to top it, Zagreb, Belgrade or someone else? Maybe Podgorica?
I don't know about that.

Sarajevo was even before war in this leading city in the former Yugoslavia. After all it was city where two biggest exporter (in all about $3,5 billions export yearly) from former Yugoslavia had theirs headquarters, so it was not strange in that time, and they just continue where they stoped.

Today height of the ATT is not so important, important is that Sarajevo is perhaps only capital city in the region in which development, country invested nothing, rien. Behind all those projects are private investors or foreign investors and that is good sign in all this. How I saw, today Sarajevo is big construction site, all over the plaice are construction sites, so in the future I will not be suprised if Sarajevo have projects which will go over 200 meters in height. Already today Sarajevo have projects with more values than ATT, for example Grand Media Hotel and Convention Center which is foreign investment 175 mil EUR, what is project for respect even in for example London, also just few days before, Austrian PORR announced it will on spring 2008 start project which will investment value be about 60 mil. EUR, U/C is BBI bank, investment of the 50 mil. EUR, Bosmal investment least 100 mil. EUR, Raiffeisen Bank HQ, Immportane Center and etc. But this is not near all what is going in Sarajevo or around Sarajevo. Beside constructions and reconstructions of the old buildings, mainly historical, street by street, the biggest construction site in the Bosnia and perhaps even in region is ski center on the mountain Bjelasnica, near Sarajevo.

Also 2009 from Spain will arrive first high-speed Talgo trains which will connect Sarajevo with mostly EU and West, but also with East and South with high speed trains. Some parts of the highway from Sarajevo are U/C, next year construction of the highway Vc will be much bigger, so few scrapers are just one small part but part of the development of the Sarajevo, so theirs construction I don't see like race with other cities in the region.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 11:18 AM

Last edited by SA-R; Feb 13, 2010 at 9:41 AM.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 9:12 PM
Silventus

It is nice to see how Sarajevo is improving its city skyline, and I have to say, its one of the most influential skyline in the former Yugoslavian countries. However, the city itself is quite narrow and particularly empty at some parts unlike other former cities of the state. And that causes it to look somewhat small.

I like this Avaz Twist project though. Keep 'em coming Sarajevo.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 5:45 AM
Skyrise

Thanks for the photo update SA-R. The tower is starting to look awesome with its twist facade. Bravo Sarajevo.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity View Post
Thanks for the photo update SA-R. The tower is starting to look awesome with its twist facade. Bravo Sarajevo.
I only wish that we had the fortitude to design like this in our city (Calgary, Canada). I raise a glass to Sarajevo design. It will be great to see complete. My wife and I would like to visit. She spent some time in Sarajevo working on a proposal for a hotel in Zetra, quite a few years back. Now we have even more reason to visit again.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beazley66 View Post
I only wish that we had the fortitude to design like this in our city (Calgary, Canada). I raise a glass to Sarajevo design. It will be great to see complete. My wife and I would like to visit. She spent some time in Sarajevo working on a proposal for a hotel in Zetra, quite a few years back. Now we have even more reason to visit again.
Well you will have one more reason to visit Sarajevo.

New tower proposal for Sarajevo. Project name is Queen Tower becouase it will have something like female shape and it will be construct near ATT construction site. Proposed hight is 123 m and on the top it will have heliodrom and restourant.

Like I said before it is proposal and rendering in every case will have a lot of the changes, just remember that ATT on rendering and ATT in reality are two different things. Of course it is not sure, what will be Sarajevo city response on this project becouase in the past Sarajevo city refused some other projects, so for now it is only sure that Sarajevo will get new tower.

Proposed design for Queen Tower in Sarajevo (height 123 m)

Old Posted Feb 10, 2008, 12:34 PM

ATT update

Old Posted Jul 20, 2008, 2:55 AM

That's one sweet looking building.I wish we can see one of this in my home town of Tuzla.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2009, 9:20 PM

Isn't there a tax loophole in some Balkan countries that lets you pay less if your house is under construction? Supposedly, many families have an "unfished" third or fourth floor which they slowly work on for decades. I saw some of it in Croatia, but is it actually widespread? Anyway, that would be a good way to always keep ahead in the race. Just add a floor at the time.

Old Posted May 21, 2009, 11:17 PM

Very cool looking tower and BEAUTIFUL city! Seriously, those pics are really amazing.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2009, 6:45 PM

Well, long time ago I was here so here is some updates from Sarajevo

ATT is finished, also some new even for Europe respectable projects started.

Avaz Twist Tower

New big project called Sarajevo City Center U/C

Building location: Marijin Dvor
Height of construction: Approximately 70 m.
Start of construction: Begun, 28th October 2008
End of construction: 2011
Estimated project cost: 116 million KM

BBI Constructed

Also some new project are constructed or U/C like Raiffaisen Bank HQ for Bosnia, Importanne Center and etc

Last edited by SA-R; Jul 13, 2009 at 7:02 PM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2009, 11:02 AM
YIMBY co-founder

I really like how the Avaz tower looks, the twist is very well done.

That roof-top cafe on BBI... awesome view!
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 5:29 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

no offence the glass on the twist tower just does not go with it yuk...

those other projects look good though

Old Posted Jul 23, 2009, 5:48 PM

ATT more

Of course new project called Sarajevo City Center will not have a competition not just in Sarajevo but more.
It is U/C, and it wll have very nice design, it will have also five stars hotel, but on one site I found this, I think site is British site, also I heard about this project before one or so year, I am not in Sarajevo so I don't know more than from this British site

Wilson Town Business Quarter
Sarajevo, B&H

Quote:
Wilson City Centre is the biggest current project in wider centre of Sarajevo. 100.000 sqm of retail and A-class office space accompanied by 4* hotel is highly anticipated in this buoyant real estate market. The design aims to create landmark development celebrating Sarajevo’s Victory and Peace.

Our proposal incorporates provision for improvement of river walk path. Newly formed River promenade leads to Piazza which will act as a social hub; a favourite place for Sarajevans to sit and talk, or kiss and hug under the decadesold trees

Old Posted Jul 23, 2009, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
no offence the glass on the twist tower just does not go with it yuk...

those other projects look good though
No problem, it is reflection, depends from weather how glass look like. BTW, ATT glass was made in Schuko in Germany.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2009, 2:56 PM

Some say this will be built on the place of the Holiday Inn hotel, it will be investment 100 mil EUR, it will have 5 stars hotel, and construction will start this summer. All that according to that source. According to me, ownership of the Holiday Inn is still not clear, so I don't know about that, plus this new building s not on the plaice of the Holiday Inn hotel, but on the plaice of the Sarajevo City Center. Anywhere nice project.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe