HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 7:24 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ cool. Q1, 2019 was what we were told a while ago, good to hear that things seem to be on track.

and with BMO due to start up later this fall, that'll be two more major office buildings to tack on to this boom.

it ain't over yet folks!

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 7:44 PM

nice.. any more updates are on the size or design changes to this tower or we pretty much locked in at what we been seeing?

Old Posted Sep 10, 2019, 7:55 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubs111 View Post
nice.. any more updates are on the size or design changes to this tower or we pretty much locked in at what we been seeing?
nothing is ever "locked in" until construction starts (and even then....),

but i don't think there's much reason to expect that they'll be redesigning the wheel at this point in the game.

maybe a few floors get added/chopped, but probably not anything too terribly significant.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 12:53 AM

^^^^^

I believe I read a article back here in June stating that more floors will be added , idk where they are at with this decision.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:27 AM

While on the height question, Salesforce on their blog announced that the top floor is going to be an 'Ohana' floor, in their words "During the day, our Ohana Floors are open for employee events and then on weeknights and weekends, these one-of-a-kind spaces with jaw-dropping views are made available for non-profits and foundations at no cost --- aligning with our values of giving back. "

https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2018...r-chicago.html
https://www.salesforce.com/company/ohana-floors/

My question with occupied height of 763' via http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...th-tower/14276, and River Point architectural at 732' http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...ver-point/1381 and 150 N Riverside architectural at 752' http://150northriverside.com/#stackingplan, to what extent will this Ohana floor be able to see over them? Seems like the southwest view is going to be somewhat obstructed, not that there's really much to see in that direction.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
While on the height question, Salesforce on their blog announced that the top floor is going to be an 'Ohana' floor, in their words "During the day, our Ohana Floors are open for employee events and then on weeknights and weekends, these one-of-a-kind spaces with jaw-dropping views are made available for non-profits and foundations at no cost --- aligning with our values of giving back. "

https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2018...r-chicago.html
https://www.salesforce.com/company/ohana-floors/

My question with occupied height of 763' via http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...th-tower/14276, and River Point architectural at 732' http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...ver-point/1381 and 150 N Riverside architectural at 752' http://150northriverside.com/#stackingplan, to what extent will this Ohana floor be able to see over them? Seems like the southwest view is going to be somewhat obstructed, not that there's really much to see in that direction.
Is it too much to ask for it to top out at 800+ feet? Or maybe a spire?

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_T View Post
Is it too much to ask for it to top out at 800+ feet? Or maybe a spire?
I agree , I honestly don’t belief 835ft is the official height it seem like from that article they a lil torn on the height.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 5:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ cool. Q1, 2019 was what we were told a while ago, good to hear that things seem to be on track.

and with BMO due to start up later this fall, that'll be two more major office buildings to tack on to this boom.

it ain't over yet folks!
When you have a 500,000 SF lease with a Grade A tenant falling behind schedule is not an option. The damages of failing to deliver would be catastrophic for the developers.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 1:55 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganChi View Post
I agree , I honestly don’t belief 835ft is the official height it seem like from that article they a lil torn on the height.
We've seen 813' a lot, which may just be the 835' w/o measuring the riverwalk. That would scale up with the recent renderings.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
We've seen 813' a lot, which may just be the 835' w/o measuring the riverwalk. That would scale up with the recent renderings.
Thank you for the clear up

Old Posted Sep 11, 2019, 3:28 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
the current height info we have for this tower came from Tom who saw some dimensioned elevation diagrams back in march.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
Updating building height from elevation diagrams:

---60 Floors above ground
---3 Floors below ground
---835' 3" height to top of parapet as measured from Level B2 (restaurant/riverwalk)
---813' height to top of parapet as measured from Level 1 (main entrance)

. . .

those numbers are of course subject to some change as the design gets finalized and tweaks are made.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 6:03 AM

^Pretty please sneak Salesforce into this cycle.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 1:41 PM
BANNED

^Salesforce is arguably the most likely of the big ones to make it this cycle. The proposal has a tenant, approval by the plan commission, and plenty of money backing it.

Beautiful shot by the way, Nick. As always.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 3:52 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^Salesforce is arguably the most likely of the big ones to make it this cycle.
don't forget about BMO, they're already in site prep over there.

but yeah, with both of them having major anchors signed on, salesforce and BMO seem like fairly good bets at this point.

with salesforce purportedly starting up sometime early in the new year, i'm curious if any of our forum's many insiders have seen bid docs/CD's for this tower come across any of their desks?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:03 PM
BANNED

^Though it's not "official" in SSP banana terms, BMO is already under way in my opinion. I know a guy with Clark who's on site every day PM-ing the tower.

With regard to Salesforce, it's more than likely going to be Walsh as GC. I don't see all of their bid invites, but perhaps someone else does? Industry Christmas Party time is around the corner, so I'll be sure to ask my subcontractor friends if the project has made its way across their desks.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:13 PM

^Yes, Walsh is the GC for WPS.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^Though it's not "official" in SSP banana terms, BMO is already under way in my opinion. I know a guy with Clark who's on site every day PM-ing the tower.

With regard to Salesforce, it's more than likely going to be Walsh as GC. I don't see all of their bid invites, but perhaps someone else does? Industry Christmas Party time is around the corner, so I'll be sure to ask my subcontractor friends if the project has made its way across their desks.
I can confirm yes. And unless anything crazy happens it will break ground by Feb 2020.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:46 PM

Alright WPS.

You're up.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
I can confirm yes. And unless anything crazy happens it will break ground by Feb 2020.
wow.. ok

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 6:37 PM

I really wish the top of the building/crown would have a different design because it's similar to WPE's crown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive