HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 4:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
Oh yeah, I've seen that before. This project has already been discussed I guess. Well alrighty then.
To your credit, that one is worth the double-dip.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 5:40 AM

Has anyone else noticed the mixed-used "campus" phenomena going on in River North? It seems like their are quite a few large scale project being proposed that all include housing, office, retail, and hopsitaltiy. Not that I have an issue with it, but I cannot think of anywhere else where we have seen so many projects that encompses almost all the uses of mixed use. And while I know the lots in River North are pretty large, it is amazing we are not seeing any of the large block apartment buildings being proposed similar to what has been built in Denargo Market. Within the River North area, the projects that I think fall into this category are:

DriveTrain: 200 residential, 120 room hotel, office and retail space as well
World Trade Center: 250K office, 200 room hotel, 30k retail, 20k conference space
RockDrill: 150k office, 180 residential, 175 room hotel, 65k retail
4120 Brighton (Westfield): Same idea but not sure if the details are public yet
HUB: (who knows what this will turn out as)

Also with all this plus the Source and Ramble hotels U/C is there any way for this area to support another 500 hotel rooms?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 3:17 PM

I agree, there are a TON of mixed-use developments being proposed for the area. I am not going to complain one bit though. The apartments near Denargo, while infill, seem to be cheap, and not inviting for anything other than residents that live there. Time will tell if RiNo can support all of these developments....

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 8:46 PM

Anybody know when Market Station is supposed to break ground? Been quiet on that front for a few months.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 8:58 PM

I believe the proprietor of Choice was on the forum a few months ago. Nice write-up in BusinessDen today...looks like a cool concept.

http://www.businessden.com/2017/04/0...olls-broadway/

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 10:12 PM
Denver

How many more floors are left on 1114 ??

Looks like it is getting up there.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
How many more floors are left on 1114 ??

Looks like it is getting up there.
I would bet only 2-3 more floors left in the core based on its height relative to the Four Seasons. The core tops at at level 41, in case anyone is in the area and wants to count.
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 7:54 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Insights: Construction defect talks have gone completely bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Politics
This week, Democratic leaders pretty much said don’t hold your breath for meaningful changes this year to curb lawsuits and spur housing development. Mind you, these are the same leaders who essentially promised voters that they would take action.

. . .

[House Maj. Leader Duran] was referencing Senate Bill 45, which she is sponsoring with Senate President Kevin Grantham, R-Canon City. The bill aims at equitably dividing litigation defense costs in an effort to reduce burdens for developers and inspire them to build more condos and townhouses.

While a bipartisan bill, and a noble effort on the part of legislative leaders to move the needle, it is opposed by the very groups it is intended to help, including homebuilders, business leaders and local elected officials. That coalition is known as the Homeownership Opportunity Alliance.

Fast forward to Wednesday, when Duran and Rep. Alec Garnett, D-Denver, the assistant Democratic leader, called a meeting with reporters. Gathered around a table in the speaker’s office, they started out with fightin’ words.

At issue is House Bill 1279, a bipartisan bill that would require a majority of homeowners in an association to approve a construction defect lawsuit and also require disclosure to homeowners of a proposed suit. Garnett is a co-sponsor.

The bill was supposed to be heard in committee on Wednesday, but it was delayed after the Homeownership Opportunity Alliance’s policy committee on Tuesday night voted to oppose the effort.

For Garnett, who has been working on the construction defect bill for three months, news that the coalition would oppose what was supposed to be a compromise came as a shock.

. . .

Just as stakeholders were making progress, a few words in House Bill 1279 appear to have led to an impasse. Here are the words: “Any applicable statutes of limitation and repose are tolled during the one-hundred-twenty-day voting and disclosure period.”

That language addresses a pause in the time homeowners have to file a lawsuit under a statute of limitations. The clock would pause during a 120-day voting and disclosure period as a homeowners’ association decides whether to file a lawsuit.

Developers don’t like that, despite many in the coalition acknowledging that it’s a relatively minor issue compared to the larger picture. In the end, this one somewhat small hangup could send months of negotiations up in smoke.

It cuts deeper than that. In the coalition’s eyes, Duran has been unwilling to work with them. They felt blindsided by Senate Bill 45 being introduced on opening day, and they did not appreciate a measure that they supported, Senate Bill 156, being somewhat dismissed by Duran. That bill would require arbitration or mediation before filing suit.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 2:49 PM

Construction has started on the Shake Shack at 30th & Larimer.

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/BECB0...551B4E01E4.pdf

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 4:29 PM
Aspiring Amateur

Something about Shake Shack choosing RiNo as its first Denver location feels just soooo wrong to me. Ten years ago, RiNo was still a nothing artist industrial wasteland.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 11:58 PM

Construction fencing went up around the 19th and Logan project in Uptown.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 2:00 PM

Friday's Construction Cranes Viewing Event was a Yuge Success

Thousands of people gathered downtown Friday afternoon to view all the amazing construction cranes; 49,169 people to be exact and many managed to secure premium viewing seats.

Photo credit: Kevin J Beaty - Denverite

Many brought their own pre-viewing snacks

Photo credit: Christian Clark - Denverite

The Premium Crane Viewing seats were the ones up high

Photo credit: Kevin J Beaty - Denverite

Everybody left the event happy and amazed - Yuge success.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 3:09 PM

Confirmation that the fencing is up for the SOVA apartments at 19th and Grant.

You can see the cranes for two of the projects going up on Welton in the background. It reminds me how close that portion of Welton is to Uptown and how the two neighborhoods will start to feel more cohesive as more projects go up in this area.

Last edited by ejwill04; Apr 8, 2017 at 3:14 PM. Reason: Adjusting image size

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Friday's Construction Cranes Viewing Event was a Yuge Success

Thousands of people gathered downtown Friday afternoon to view all the amazing construction cranes; 49,169 people to be exact and many managed to secure premium viewing seats.
"And it's one, two, three strikes your out at the ole ball game!!"

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 5:54 PM
Up Up and Away

I see people on that balcony, behind left field. I wonder if they can see much of the game from that vantage point.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablosan View Post
I see people on that balcony, behind left field. I wonder if they can see much of the game from that vantage point.
I wonder if the Rockies would ever develop the parking lots immediately to the west and have apartments or condos right outside of the stands? According to this article they are interested in redeveloping not only the parking lot to the south (in between 19th and 20th) but also Lots A, B and C the north.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 11:33 PM

Second tower crane going up today at Parq on Speer:

Also, the view of 1144 15th:

Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 11:46 PM

I had a meeting with someone in Cherry Creek this morning, and I took a scenic route on Speer all the way back home through LoDo up to RiNo. From Cherry Creek to RiNo, passing by the construction cranes, noises, and sites really puts the current amount of construction occurring into perspective. I highly recommend taking the nice stroll on a weekend just to get a full picture of where the city is at right now. It's crazy to see all this happening for a city the size of Denver.

Also, is it just me, or is the 1144 core a bit taller than one would have expected per the renderings? Maybe the perspectives in the photos that have been posted, and the 16 Chestnut webcam make it look taller than what it really is relative to the Four Seasons......

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 12:19 AM
Up Up and Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Has anyone else noticed the mixed-used "campus" phenomena going on in River North? It seems like their are quite a few large scale project being proposed that all include housing, office, retail, and hopsitaltiy. Not that I have an issue with it, but I cannot think of anywhere else where we have seen so many projects that encompses almost all the uses of mixed use. And while I know the lots in River North are pretty large, it is amazing we are not seeing any of the large block apartment buildings being proposed similar to what has been built in Denargo Market. Within the River North area, the projects that I think fall into this category are:

DriveTrain: 200 residential, 120 room hotel, office and retail space as well
World Trade Center: 250K office, 200 room hotel, 30k retail, 20k conference space
RockDrill: 150k office, 180 residential, 175 room hotel, 65k retail
4120 Brighton (Westfield): Same idea but not sure if the details are public yet
HUB: (who knows what this will turn out as)

Also with all this plus the Source and Ramble hotels U/C is there any way for this area to support another 500 hotel rooms?
Being off of I-70 and I-25, I'm going to guess that it can support another 500 rooms.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2017, 5:28 AM

Rendering courtesy of the Denver Pavilions via Denverite

Sephora latest store to be added to 16th Street Mall makeup
April 7, 2017 by Adrian D. Garcia - Denverite
Quote:
The Paris-based cosmetics company is expected to lease a spot next to Maggiano’s Little Italy restaurant on the ground floor of the Pavilions. The store is targeting this summer for its open date, according to the Denver Pavilions.
Is Downtown and the 16th Street Mall starting to catch on? No doubt all the residential development is being noticed.
Quote:
“Recent additions to Downtown Denver’s retail mix, including household names like Sephora, Target and Uniqlo, show that the center city is top of mind for key national retailers whose products and services meet the needs of Downtown’s growing residential and employee population, and we expect this trend to continue,” said Tami Door, president and CEO of the Downtown Denver Partnership.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West