HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 2:44 AM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

Existing Skylines with unbuilt projects added?

I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to fill out skylines with unbuilt projects? I'm really curious to know what Edmonton and Calgary's skylines would look like if some if not all the unbuilt proposals were added to a model of the skyline of each city respectively...

I know I did see someone's sketch of Edmonton's filled out skyline but that was about it...

On a semi-related topic, I'm thinking about putting together a book proposal based on Alberta skylines featuring each respective building over 12 floors in each city including unbuilt proposals/designs so having them in one theoretical panorama would also be awesome...

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 3:36 AM

Ummm, Wrong forum I think

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 6:55 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

No it's kinda right. I'm working on a Seattle model but it's hard to get textures for unbuilt projects.

Old Posted May 24, 2008, 7:23 PM
World Machine

I'd love to see New York with the NYSE Tower, Television City, Travelsted, the original ConEd plan, Brookfield's Hudson Yards bid, Cintas Tower, etc. That's a big project though to take one.

This thread has a cool concept, and I'm curious to see what people come up with.

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 12:53 PM
All aboard the Failboat

I'd love to see what New York and Chicago would look like with some of those deppression era projects

Old Posted May 25, 2008, 9:14 PM

STR made a really nice model of chicago in 5-10 years. i think it's in "skyscraper and urban art". but for new york i don't know any existing model. Maybe we something like the SSP-City and everyone models a few buildings in Manhatten^^

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 9:07 PM

I'm really curious to see what if anything people come up with, especially for cities like Chicago and New York which collectively probably have had three dozen 1000' proposals over the past 100 years...

And of course I'd love to see my hometown of Edmonton rendered as well... God knows we've also had our fair share of unbuilt proposals also...

Old Posted May 27, 2008, 2:26 AM
Registered Lurker

i want to see a skyline of every Miami proposal ever. it would look like a solid wall of buildings. it does now, let alone all propsals.

It's not much, but i've been modeling building proposals of the small city i live in Melbourne. It sucks because I don't have any real plans to work from, so I am guessing on a lot of them. I'm working on modeling every downtown building (including proposals) for my city. The good news is our city is growing very fast and there's a lot of construction going on in the area.

Old Posted May 28, 2008, 8:16 PM

I can't remember but I think it was Wired that had a few years ago, a Miami skyline rendering circa 2012, with a bunch of the proposed towers in it. I also think I remember seeing on a few years ago (2004 or 2005) of one online that had at least 100 projects listed. I'm sure with even more that were proposed in the past, the skyline today would be absolutely insane!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup