HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 20, 2020, 2:09 AM

Any idea how many floors they have removed?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2020, 12:33 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Any idea how many floors they have removed?
Judging from the photos, they've eliminated the top quarter portion shown here...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 1:34 PM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
07/27/2020

INSTALLATION AND USE OF STEEL DEBRIS CHUTE FOR DEBRIS REMOVAL DURING TOWER DEMOLITION. FULL DM FILED SEPARATELY

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 8:10 PM

This is from Sunday. It was my first time back in the city since March 12 then when my Bank told me to work from home. That is the longest I have ever gone without going to the city. But I oddly don’t miss it I enjoy getting 3 hours of my day back and the ability to bug out to Martha’s Vineyard or the hamptons for weeks at a time is amazing.

It’s still crazy that less than 2 years ago this was Flagship class A office space. I believe they are moving at a pace of one floor per 3 days. The top quarter of the building is gone and they removed the first row of needle beam scaffolding.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 8:47 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parzival718 View Post
It’s still crazy that less than 2 years ago this was Flagship class A office space. I believe they are moving at a pace of one floor per 3 days. The top quarter of the building is gone and they removed the first row of needle beam scaffolding.
They're moving at a good pace now, and it's a little shocking when you haven't seen the site in some time. But the new tower is expected to start rising early next year, so it's fitting.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 8:33 PM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
07/29/2020

ERECTING OF TABLE TOP STEEL IN CONJUNCTION TO NEW BUILDING #121205604

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 2:34 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Bump for awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
They're moving at a good pace now, and it's a little shocking when you haven't seen the site in some time. But the new tower is expected to start rising early next year, so it's fitting.
Just in time for target delivery of 2024/2025. I hope this moves at One Vandy speed. That is probally (1 Vandy), the most efficient time tables of a tower its size in quite a long time. The project management for 1 Vandy was exceptional. Even exceeding target milestones.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 12:23 PM
New Yorker for life

One Vanderbilt was an example of excellent planning and execution. And it come in under budget. I expect 270 to rise pretty steadily once we get beyond demo. There will be a lot of work in the area, as demo of other sites in the area get underway.

https://www.jpmorganchase.com/corpor...0-park-ave.htm

Quote:
JPMorgan Chase CEO Dimon and NYC Mayor de Blasio Announce New, State-of-the-Art JPMorgan Chase Headquarters to Rise at 270 Park Ave
Company Will Be First to Develop a Major Project under the City’s Innovative Midtown East Rezoning

February 21, 2018

“At JPMorgan Chase, we believe that investing for the long-term is a hallmark of our success,” said Jamie Dimon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the company. “With a new headquarters at 270 Park Avenue, we are recommitting ourselves to New York City while also ensuring that we operate in a highly efficient and world-class environment for the 21st century. We look forward to working constructively and collaboratively with Mayor Bill de Blasio, Governor Andrew Cuomo, Deputy Mayor Alicia Glen, the New York City Council, and other key City and State officials on this important project,” Dimon added.

“This is our plan for East Midtown in action. Good jobs, modern buildings and concrete improvements that will make East Midtown stronger for the hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers who work here. We look forward to working with JPMorgan Chase as it doubles-down on New York as its international home,” said Mayor Bill de Blasio.

New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo said: “New York State is the business capital of the globe, and our investments in workforce development and commercial enterprise have positioned us at the forefront of innovation and growth. JPMorgan Chase’s commitment to build their new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters and support thousands of jobs here in New York is proof that our economic development strategies are successful, and I look forward to working with them to keep New York State’s momentum moving forward.”

With the new, modern facility, which is expected to create over 8,000 construction-related jobs during the building period, JPMorgan Chase would consolidate its global headquarters from a variety of locations into a fully LEED-certified, energy-efficient office tower in Midtown Manhattan. The headquarters project would build on the firm’s strong legacy of investment in local communities and the City of New York, its home since 1799.

The building’s modernized infrastructure and design, including 21st century systems and technology, would allow for improved business adjacencies, synergies and collaboration. Clients, shareholders and the surrounding community would benefit from this innovative project, which would also support the firm’s commitment to attracting and retaining best-in-class talent. The new building would house about 15,000 employees, replacing an outdated facility designed in the late 1950s for about 3,500 employees.

Once the project’s approvals are granted, redevelopment and construction are expected to begin in 2019 and take approximately five years to complete. Most employees currently located at 270 Park Avenue would be relocated nearby during the development period.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 12:28 PM
BANNED

NYC: The Financial Capital of the World!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2020, 1:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Going, going.....

You really get a nice view of Vandy with 270 gone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDQ-wV1B9Uv/

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 2:05 AM
New Yorker for life

For people who may be a bit distraught over watching this building being demolished, a tune to soften the blow...

Video Link

But it's really coming down, and progress has been pretty good.

AUGUST 1, 2020

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 1:56 AM
New Yorker for life

AUGUST 7, 2020

Got a chance to check in from above, thanks to a visit to 30 Rock...

Video Link

Safely bringing down a skyscraper in the middle of a city...

More from above...

Load ready to go down...

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 11:16 AM
BANNED

How many floors do you think have come down?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 3:00 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
How many floors do you think have come down?
Maybe about 12 to 15 floors. This is where I believe we stand as of yesterday...

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 3:52 PM
BANNED

Thanks. That's fantastic!!

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 4:35 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Thanks. That's fantastic!!
Yes, seeing the progress now, I'm mentally preparing to shift into construction mode. It would be nice if official renderings were released. Seems to me, if you're taking down a building, particularly of this size, you would show what was replacing it. And the new building construction permit is taking forever. But there's no denying the progress to the eyes on site.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2020, 9:40 PM
Crane Goddess

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what the view from Top of the Rock looked like.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 6:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Thanks for the update, I was wondering what the view from Top of the Rock looked like.
They're working at a pretty good pace. It won't be very visible from the top before too long. And the crowds are nonexistent (for now). It's a great time to visit.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 7:17 PM
Crane Goddess

^I wish I could get there to visit, but I'm in Canada and would have to self isolate for two weeks upon my return home. That's assuming I didn't catch anything and bring it home to my senior citizen parents.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 7:47 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
^I wish I could get there to visit, but I'm in Canada and would have to self isolate for two weeks upon my return home. That's assuming I didn't catch anything and bring it home to my senior citizen parents.
Nope. Staying put is best at this time unless you are already in the city.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction