HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 6:32 PM

Agreed. Reminds me of one I saw posted here. It was taken from the 225/610 interchange flyover during/right after Tropical Storm Allison. It included 5 skylines in one shot.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 8:46 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brijonmang View Post
Uptown skyline from about 2 weeks ago:

Uptown Sunset by brijonmang, on Flickr
That is such a great picture. Need some more of these types of shots from around town.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 5:00 AM

^That's a beautiful shot!!

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 9:24 PM

I know... are there others?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 3:54 AM

Emancipation Center: Dowling At Elgin St.

Nonprofit office space (I believe) plus some affordable housing (orange).

From Urbannizer on HAIF

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

Old Posted Apr 27, 2021, 5:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post

From Urbannizer on HAIF
That's cool and let's hope so. Also, downtown skyline has really beefed up and stretched out.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post

From Urbannizer on HAIF
How much is the rent?

Old Posted May 1, 2021, 3:07 AM
クラブトクヨ

Cool picture!

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
Cool picture!
I know... du u have any to post here?

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 7:17 PM

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 7:37 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Great shot

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 8:55 PM
Meh

Yeah, that's a really nice flattering photo of Houston.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 10:14 PM

Great shot. That part of northern montrose is really blowing up along Buffalo Bayou/ W Dallas St.

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 12:13 AM
Voice of the Modern World

Great picture Brijonmang. That’s a nice angle if you want to show someone how nice individual buildings in the downtown skyline are. You can go from left to right and focus on each individual building and it’s style and that drive down Allen Parkway headed towards downtown is the perfect drive to show the uniqueness of each of those buildings too. It makes each building standout but doesn’t do as much for the downtown skyline as a collective whole. I don’t like it as an overall skyline view because it gives people the impression that Downtown Houston’s skyline has a lot of gaps and is spaced out between buildings.

I like the Downtown Houston skyline view from the south, from UH. Houston looks like the beast that it should rightfully be recognized as being, no major gaps either, and plenty of density. And great fill in between the two supertalls too.

https://www.uh.edu/magazine/2017-fal...licy-polls.jpg

Last edited by N90; May 8, 2021 at 12:26 AM.

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 12:16 AM
Dryer lint inspector

That's my favorite perspective as well.

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 3:46 AM

Indeed. I remember someone from a while back... from the Houston Dev Thread I from... 2001 or perhaps even before that... to add BladeRunner style flitters in the night time skyline shot of Houston... to make it seem like a futuristic cityscape. Pretty cool.

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 5:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
Great picture Brijonmang. That’s a nice angle if you want to show someone how nice individual buildings in the downtown skyline are. You can go from left to right and focus on each individual building and it’s style and that drive down Allen Parkway headed towards downtown is the perfect drive to show the uniqueness of each of those buildings too. It makes each building standout but doesn’t do as much for the downtown skyline as a collective whole. I don’t like it as an overall skyline view because it gives people the impression that Downtown Houston’s skyline has a lot of gaps and is spaced out between buildings.

I like the Downtown Houston skyline view from the south, from UH. Houston looks like the beast that it should rightfully be recognized as being, no major gaps either, and plenty of density. And great fill in between the two supertalls too.

This is a f**king beautiful shot!

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 3:42 PM
FYHA

Quote:

Any entry into town from the south or southwest have to be my favorite views. Since 90/Main Street was rebuilt, I've used it more and I think it's just past the intersection with South Post Oak where it's elevated for a bit and the skylines wrap around the horizon somewhat so you get Uptown, Greenway/ Upper Kirby, TMC/Museum District & behind them Downtown. I recall going on field trips in the 90s on that route and even then it was pretty neat to see.

Runner up might be the approach from the Southwest Freeway - maybe starting around Sugar Land or Stafford where Westchase shows up and you start moving past it toward Uptown where that skyline completely dominates, while Greenway and Downtown start getting closer and closer.

Then again, thanks to development, you can actually see the Williams Tower from ROSENBERG now on the elevated portion of 59. That made me do a double take on my last visit in December. Hadn't tried to see if I could see any of the other towers.

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 5:57 PM

Quote:

"..because it gives people the impression that Downtown Houston’s skyline has a lot of gaps and is spaced out between buildings..."

I thought I remember see a photo last year that showed downtown had lots of surface parking spaces? From what I have been hearing, it seems like Houston does need more residential downtown, although I see they are building one or two residential towers. Hope the residential densification in some of the other areas, like Montrose, comes to downtown. How many people live downtown and is there a grocery store now?

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 6:13 PM
Voice of the Modern World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
"..because it gives people the impression that Downtown Houston’s skyline has a lot of gaps and is spaced out between buildings..."

I thought I remember see a photo last year that showed downtown had lots of surface parking spaces? From what I have been hearing, it seems like Houston does need more residential downtown, although I see they are building one or two residential towers. Hope the residential densification in some of the other areas, like Montrose, comes to downtown. How many people live downtown and is there a grocery store now?
Phoenicia is a grocery store that’s been there for over a decade now. It’s next to Discovery Green Park. About 8,000 people live in Downtown now, nearly quadruple how many were there in 2010. Yes, there are lots of surface lots downtown but they are primarily towards the south and east. All the skyscrapers are mainly concentrated in the skyline district part of downtown, where it is structurally very dense and there are barely any lots.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations