HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 26, 2009, 12:02 AM

27, graduated from ASU in 05, work downtown doing theatrical productions and live a couple miles away.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2009, 7:13 PM
The Man

Looks like I'm a couple days late, but I'll introduce myself anyway.

I'm 22 and live in Tempe (McClintock and Southern). I just graduated from ASU with a double major in history and global studies and am in the process of applying to law school next year. I currently work part-time in IT for a home construction company, but I'm always looking for another part-time job or an actual full-time job (and shamelessly inform anyone who might be able to help me ). I just recently started posting, but I've followed this forum for years.

Btw Combusean, I was a music major at ASU for a bit, but I've never heard of music geography. What is that?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2009, 4:47 PM
BANNED

I'm 29. ASU grad. Studied Sociology and Geography (my degree is in Geography). I took some really awesome urban studies courses related to these fields that I'm sure everyone here would love.

I'm an Eastcoaster who sees the frustrating potential Phoenix has yet to take advantage of. This page has great ideas/visions of what PHX could some day become and the construction updates by the formers keep me coming back for more.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2009, 9:49 PM

For anyone interested... Jana Bommersbach, the author of "The Trunk Murderess: Winne Ruth Judd", will be reading from her book tomorrow night at Lisa G's. I think there are a few forumers that have mentioned this crime before.

http://ow.ly/rrdp

Old Posted Sep 28, 2009, 9:52 PM
I like this much better

i partied out of ASU in 01/02!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2009, 11:12 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwadswor View Post
Looks like I'm a couple days late, but I'll introduce myself anyway.

I'm 22 and live in Tempe (McClintock and Southern). I just graduated from ASU with a double major in history and global studies and am in the process of applying to law school next year. I currently work part-time in IT for a home construction company, but I'm always looking for another part-time job or an actual full-time job (and shamelessly inform anyone who might be able to help me ). I just recently started posting, but I've followed this forum for years.

Btw Combusean, I was a music major at ASU for a bit, but I've never heard of music geography. What is that?
It's an interdisciplinary major--you pick two concentrations and you work them together in a two year program with the BIS prefix like BIS201. It's mostly music history classes, concert attendance, a notation class, nothing too difficult. I think every class from the music side of things is online.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 5:58 AM

I'm also late to this. Proud native here, age 28. Born at St. Joe's, grew up in Arcadia. Begrudgingly ended up attending high school in East Mesa (Mountain View HS) after parents messy divorce. Besides one fall semester in New York back in 2002, I've lived in the Phoenix area all of my life. Now living in Tempe, but hoping to move back to central Phoenix in the coming year.

I'm a college dropout. Started with Urban Studies, ended up in Journalism, now living with the debts of financial aid. Worked in the hotel industry for several years (Clarendon Hotel, Hotel Valley Ho). Sort of took me awhile to find an avenue in life. Currently I write freelance, contributing to several blogs/online media, as well as a few magazines. Trying to further a career in writing. Hope to finish a book someday that I've been messing around with for years now. Besides architecture, transportation, urban planning and so on, my main interests revolve around food, cooking, dining, restaurants, etc.

Anyway, been a forum member for a long time now. Used to post a lot more than I have in recent years, but I still read/observe nearly everyday.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 3:10 PM
BANNED

You worked at the ho?! What'd ya' do?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 3:46 AM

I went to the restaurant that used to be Vineyard 214 (on Roosevelt at Roosevelt Square) tonight. The guy changed the menu and the name of the restaurant... it's now Bambino Bistro. They have full meals now, not tapas. Brick oven pizzas, paninis, and now a large mussels menu. It was delicious food. The mussels were very good (you get 1 lb and as much bread as you want) and there are quite a few different types of broths the mussels come in. My gf had the classic kind, but another patron had the thai kind, which was in a semi-spicy coconut broth and he said they were really good. I'd recommend it if you can get over the weirdness of the place. You kind of order at the counter and sit down and they kind of bring you your food and serve you, but not really. It's a bit weird/awkward. You still get free sangria. I'll be going back to sit on the patio. The patio is really pretty cool/nice. Oh yeah, and very reasonable prices. A nice mussels meal and very large panini with side salad and free sangria for drinking = $21.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 5:14 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but i am LOVING this weather. This is the time of year that the weather gets gorgeous here! Also, I just got back from San Francisco for Folsom Street Fair... was a blast and SF really gets me depressed about Phoenix.. I'll post a couple pics soon.. If we could only be half of what SF is...

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 5:41 PM
BANNED

Im loving the weather too, though ive been in san diego all week and its a little perfecter.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 5:53 PM

Still too warm for me during the day...they said today was supposed to get to a high of 90 but it's already 89.2 at 11:00am.

I think high of 85 is perfect for me with lows in the 60s.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 10:06 PM
BANNED

Still too hot and dusty, but its promising. HPA warning today.

I was just back east and the weather could not have been better. Trees are beginning to change at the very tips. Highs in the mid-70's, lows in the 40s-50s. Dew on the cars at night, could see your breathe, northwesterly winds bringing in nice clean Canadian air.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 1:37 AM
them bones

33, and though not a native or living there anymore, I lived in Phoenix from 6 months-8 and 17-24 (also most every summer between 8-17). Graduated from ASU in architecture, licensed architect in Arizona (though I only practice in CA at the moment).
Probably not the original Phoenix forumer, but definitely O.G. (June 1999)
Watched the metro eat away at the desert I love, finally had to leave when I couldn't stand being a part of that anymore. Still, happy to see what has gone on in Phoenix, but I'm always a realist and know there's a LONG way to go.

I don't post a whole lot, but read everything and usually just chime in with some technical clarification or jargon...

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 7:21 AM
I am a typical

THEIVES.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 8:56 AM
Skyriser

^ Huh?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 9:05 AM
I am a typical

Copying the Midwest.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 10:16 AM
Skyriser

Do I owe somebody a franchise fee?

The thread is a good idea. =P

Old Posted Oct 2, 2009, 4:04 AM

Just a word for anyone here who is a veteran and in school. Tomorrow VA is handing out $3000 checks to any veteran that has proof they are currently enrolled in school. Of course there is a little more to it than that, I hope, we only found out about it this afternoon.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2009, 5:49 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Does anyone know where I can find info on Maricopa county in migration? I once saw a table showing how many people moved to Maricopa county from other counties in the US. It was very interesting and I wanted to reference it again, but I 5-10 minutes of Googling and Im having no such luck.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest