HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

111 West 57th Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 10:56 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2020, 1:59 AM
New Yorker for life

Didn't have my camera today, so couldn't photograph the crown like I wanted to. It is a brilliant design on a brilliant tower. The colors are just right for the coming change of the season. It's very visible all around.

SEPTEMBER 26, 2020

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 27, 2020 at 2:33 AM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 11:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Lightning rod installation...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFimWA4nNRy/

lensepix

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 29, 2020 at 11:52 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 12:46 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Didn't have my camera today, so couldn't photograph the crown like I wanted to. It is a brilliant design on a brilliant tower. The colors are just right for the coming change of the season. It's very visible all around.

SEPTEMBER 26, 2020

except look the angel is weeping over the long running crown completion delays. i'll stop by and remind her i'm sure it will be nice someday tho.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 12:23 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 1:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 3:14 PM
New Yorker for life

OCTOBER 1, 2020

We are now seeing 3 of the 5 tallest buildings in the country nearing completion, all within months of each other, if not weeks - Central Park Tower, 111 West 57th (Steinway), and One Vanderbilt. That's impressive. Not even the Empire State/Chrysler/40 Wall trio was as tightly spaced in time.

Decided to check out the finishing touches on the crowns, the most visible parts of these towers on the skyline.

This one, 111 West 57th Street, aka the Steinway Tower, is an amazing building on so many levels. But if there is one building fitting of a crown on the skyline, it's this one, our new Queen of the skyscrapers. This building could have been a lot of things, but they decided that it wouldn't be just some "ordinary" building. Can't wait until it's finished, so I can get a photo to frame.

Flares out just a bit as it reaches the top...

This guy must feel like the king of the world...

The glass panels near the crown that are torqued reflect the sky differently...

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 3:24 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Can't wait to see this one in person some day.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 5:27 PM

Guess I understand now why the crown took so long to complete, seriously intricate detailing. Wow.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 11:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Can't wait to see this one in person some day.
I never get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsrand View Post
Guess I understand now why the crown took so long to complete, seriously intricate detailing. Wow.
An extra effort I've come to appreciate from SHoP Architects and whoever was brought in to help. Can't wait to see 9 Dekalb in detail.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I never get used to it.

An extra effort I've come to appreciate from SHoP Architects and whoever was brought in to help. Can't wait to see 9 Dekalb in detail.
Thanks and appreciate you taking the 46 photos above, but next time try to show the best photo from each unique angle. There are a bit too many to scroll through

Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 1:17 AM

Thanks for all the pics and insight, NYguy!! As a native New Yorker living in Dallas, I SO miss the city and all its spires! I have family out there that I haven't seen since 2015 that I'd like to visit soon and these pics help me see a glimpse of my old home state!

Really interesting seeing 3 massive towers finishing up at the same time! We got 1Vand lit up so it's just a matter of time before this and CPT follow up soon (hopefully before the end of the year)!

Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noms78 View Post
Thanks and appreciate you taking the 46 photos above, but next time try to show the best photo from each unique angle. There are a bit too many to scroll through
I agree. Love the pictures, but they really need to be culled more ruthlessly.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 11:42 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

its very intricate and delicate looking indeed.

what about the other, staggered side of the crown?

minor nit, but that many pics should at least include a walkaround.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2020, 12:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXodius View Post
Thanks for all the pics and insight, NYguy!! As a native New Yorker living in Dallas, I SO miss the city and all its spires! I have family out there that I haven't seen since 2015 that I'd like to visit soon and these pics help me see a glimpse of my old home state!

Really interesting seeing 3 massive towers finishing up at the same time! We got 1Vand lit up so it's just a matter of time before this and CPT follow up soon (hopefully before the end of the year)!
Yes, this is an impressive time. Not even New York with all of it's skyscraper building has seen a time like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noms78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcastro View Post
I agree. Love the pictures, but they really need to be culled more ruthlessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
what about the other, staggered side of the crown?

minor nit, but that many pics should at least include a walkaround.

You guys can go out and get whatever pics you would like to see, in as many numbers as you would like to see them. As for myself, I will take and post what I please. But thank you though.

These daredevils get around....(older view)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFFq3wLgm-R/

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 3:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 5, 2020 at 4:05 PM.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 10:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 3:05 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 4:20 PM
Ω

I wonder what they're going to do with the concrete columns in the blow-thru floors. Wrap them in dark bronze? Painted black? I can't recall.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 5:19 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i don't think showing these idiot kids who sneak up on buildings is a very good idea.

i wish there was less of that kind of thing posted here. its nothing to promote.

they are plenty enough worker pics and aerials i think.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive