HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted May 31, 2010, 2:57 PM

Lightbulb Sketchup for GermaniumWeb 3D

Buildings in GermaniumWeb exported from Sketchup

view 3D building

view 3D building

Some notes:
The Germanium Building Composer will generate a ready webpage that allows you to interactively select/view the multiple levels of your 3D building for online sharing.

To export your SketchUp model in the COLLADA format, under Sketchup DAE Export Options, check the following:
* Triangulate All Faces
* Preserve Component Hierarchies
* Export Texture Maps

Old Posted May 31, 2010, 3:01 PM
Closed account

Jasonhouse, was this allowed?

Anyway cool!

Last edited by Flamesrule; May 31, 2010 at 3:17 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2010, 7:38 PM

At first I was going to report this...but this looks itneresting. I hope stuog got permission to post this.

I am slightly suspicious.

Old Posted May 31, 2010, 11:16 PM
Total Egghead

I'm wondering the same thing.

Is it any good.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2010, 1:06 AM

Thanks! Sure hope this is good, since Google Earth 3D is quite a popular way to showcase the Sketchup buildings, from the current postings.

I see that Google Earth 3D is more suitable for outdoors showcase, GermaniumWeb 3D is more suited for indoor type visualization showcase. I think will be good to showcase our Sketchup models in an indoor-type interactive web 3D viewer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Jasonhouse, was this allowed?

Anyway cool!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2010, 12:56 AM

I've tried to use it on Chrome but it doesn't allow the plugin. I tried installing the plugin on Firefox, but haven't given it a try after the first fail.

Has anyone actually tried this? If it works it's just plain beautiful. Can you guys imagine the world it'd open to us? Indoor detail for our cities or building complexes, and an online way to visualize them 3D.

I have an Idea:

Stuog: Why don't you offer some of the veteran or utterly responsible members of this subforum (like Aleks) the software and we'll use it to promote the product. I suppose only one has to have it as we can send him our models for presentation.

This forum is rather popular with many hits, and in every "indoor" thread we can promote Germanium.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2010, 1:52 AM

Verticalextropy: you got it right on spot - i have also been looking for an online way (for a long time) to visualize building complexes in 3D online. So, that's where i see the potential of Germanium.

The building composer which composes exported Sketchup COLLADA files is downloadable from the website: http://www.germanium3d.com/download/composer. It is free for all to download. Will certainly be great for the community to showcase our 3D building indoor models!

For the viewer plugin, I have it installed on my Firefox and IE - btw, it works currently on Windows. If you face any difficulty, you can always 'ping' the support team in their forums: http://www.germanium3d.com/forum/. So far, they have been pretty fast on responding to issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalextropy View Post
I've tried to use it on Chrome but it doesn't allow the plugin. I tried installing the plugin on Firefox, but haven't given it a try after the first fail.

Has anyone actually tried this? If it works it's just plain beautiful. Can you guys imagine the world it'd open to us? Indoor detail for our cities or building complexes, and an online way to visualize them 3D.

I have an Idea:

Stuog: Why don't you offer some of the veteran or utterly responsible members of this subforum (like Aleks) the software and we'll use it to promote the product. I suppose only one has to have it as we can send him our models for presentation.

This forum is rather popular with many hits, and in every "indoor" thread we can promote Germanium.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup