HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

35 Hudson Yards in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 25, 2014, 2:06 AM
New Yorker for life

You can see here, this design is clearly different from the other model...also, if 10 (Coach) and 15 are basically 900 ft, that model looks to be more than 1,000.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...-hudson-yards/

_____

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2014, 3:38 AM

I hope they stick to the previous design, it was more sleek, by far my favorite in the HY area. Enough redesigns already.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2014, 4:12 AM
DENNAB

It looks to be now ~1150 feet compared with the North Tower

Old Posted Mar 25, 2014, 6:33 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze23 View Post
I hope they stick to the previous design, it was more sleek, by far my favorite in the HY area. Enough redesigns already.

I think the version to the left is "sleeker". It tapers more. But yeah, this building has had so many redesigns that I have no idea what's going on anymore. The website list it at 1,000 ft, but I'm not so sure that's what it will be eventually. I'm also not sure which is most recent, but the tapering model has hardly been seen.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 4:46 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/li...dential-towers

Quote:
Designed by classic New York architect David Childs/SOM, 35 Hudson Yards will elevate urban living and be one of the most dynamic places to live in New York City. In addition to luxury residences, 35 Hudson Yards will feature a 150-room best-in-class Luxury Hotel. 35 Hudson Yards overlooks the Hudson River and grand Public Square. Sophisticated and elegantly designed, the building will boast cinematic views and unparalleled services.

•One of the tallest residential buildings in New York at over 1000 feet in height

•79 stories

•150-room Luxury Hotel with a Ballroom, Sky lobby, and Spa

•24/7 concierge attended lobby

•Prominently located where the Public Square joins the new Hudson Park and Boulevard on West 33rd Street between Tenth and Eleventh Avenues

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 6:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
One of the tallest residential buildings in New York at over 1000 feet in height

This could potentially be taller than 3 Hudson.

Old Posted May 20, 2014, 1:57 PM

I like this model version without the twisting effect.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 1:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Some further refinement evident on the new model...

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 2:44 PM

It still blows my mind that all of this is being built over the rail yard. Incredible.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 3:15 PM

I love how every building for this development is getting their own unique design. When they showed their first renderings, it looked like all the buildings were going to have the same, blue glass. Now they are making it look like there is going to be some diversity between buildings.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 4:22 PM

I liked the previous facade's twisted illusion.
This I fear will end up, if not like blue reflective glass, or something towards it...although the fenestration patterning looks promising on close-up...almost like ship portals.
Besides, there's IMO something just a wee bit cockeyed about how the rounded square-to-circular transition seems to be applied. Maybe it's the pliability limitations of the model's structuring material.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 4:47 PM
New Yorker for life

This building has had more revisions than any I can remember, but that's only because they keep giving us renders along the way. I can remember when we started out like this...

I'm looking forward to that plaza though, when I can stand in the middle and take amazing photos looking straight up...

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 7:01 AM

This is also one of the few projects were each of the different versions were all good. None were bad.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 12:06 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
This is also one of the few projects were each of the different versions were all good. None were bad.

I agree with that also. One of the things I like about this version is the relationship with 55 Hudson. It gives this tower more of a connection with everything else, giving us more of that classic New York canyon feel. I hope at least that part doesn't change with further refining.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 12:40 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
One of the things I like about this version is the relationship with 55 Hudson. It gives this tower more of a connection with everything else, giving us more of that classic New York canyon feel. I hope at least that part doesn't change with further refining.
Agreed-- that would be an epic, epic canyon: 35 Hudson, 55 Hudson, 30 Hudson, 50 Hudson, 1 Manhattan West, future Penn Station redevelopment, and the Empire State. Damn!

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 3:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 5:26 PM

Why does that last pic show another f*cking box???
It was obviously taken well before the Corset lost its corset.

Well anyhow....It looks as if wer're gonna get another f*cking blue box derivative.
The stone/glass mixed facade, twisting or not, was the one element that put this thing over the top IMHO. Now we seem to be left with something either rather devoid of imagination or victimized by what I'd probably call preemptive value engineering.

At this point in the game, the developers and the architects working with them have to stop tweaking various features of each tower to the point that *none* of them capture the singularly novel essence of what HY is actually supposed to offer!
IOW, leave well enough alone, gents. I see too great an effort afoot to make a signature tower when the whole doggone complex can be the second most prominent signature location for the whole cityscape next to WTC II.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 12:35 AM

^ At least they did not reduce building height...... not yet

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
^ At least they did not reduce building height...... not yet
it looks taller in that picture.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2014, 1:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
Why does that last pic show another f*cking box???
It was obviously taken well before the Corset lost its corset.

Well anyhow....It looks as if wer're gonna get another f*cking blue box derivative.
At this point, we can't really say what we're going to get. Childs is obviously still at work on the project, and it will probably be revised a few times before they finally get it where they want it. We've seen this with the other towers in the complex, just not quite as much.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive