HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

111 West 57th Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 4:43 PM

The Chrysler is the best skyscraper in the world. This will be the best of our era assuming no major changes are made to the design.

As a side note. I don't know if I would rather live in 111 or One57... 111 is the better building, but if I lived in One57 I could look at 111 in addition to the park.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 4:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
... if I lived in One57 I could look at 111 in addition to the park.
Once a tower is built on the Baptist Church site, the eastern views from One 57 will be eclipsed.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 7:22 PM
Is That LEGO?

Those side windows look like they may be a PITA to wash.

Last edited by jsr; Jun 28, 2015 at 7:36 PM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
The Chrysler is the best skyscraper in the world. This will be the best of our era assuming no major changes are made to the design.

As a side note. I don't know if I would rather live in 111 or One57... 111 is the better building, but if I lived in One57 I could look at 111 in addition to the park.

I think you make a good point, but something tells me the interior finishes at 111 will be much nicer than those at One57. Just a hunch.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 6:52 PM

Developers obtain $725 million construction loan for pencil-thin condo tower on Billionaires' Row

Daniel Geiger
June 30, 2015

Quote:
A new super-tall tower will rise along midtown’s so-called Billionaires' Row now that the project’s developers have secured a $725 million construction loan for the $1 billion spire.

A partnership between JDS Development and Property Markets Group has received financing from AIG and Apollo Global Management to build 111 W. 57th St., a 1,438-foot-tall tower that will be the tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere when it is completed in 2018.

Continue Reading

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 7:02 PM
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3

^^ Nice. A SEVEN FOOT height increase!!!! 1438 FT

Oh, the securing of financing is good news too, but it was to be expected.

Quote:
partnership between JDS Development and Property Markets Group has received financing from AIG and Apollo Global Management to build 111 W. 57th St., a 1,438-foot-tall tower that will be the tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere when it is completed in 2018
Quote:
Now that the loan has been secured, the developers will begin erecting the SHoP Architect-designed 111 W. 57th St. in the coming weeks. The building will be a mere 60 feet wide, making it dramatically slender even among a new crop of pencil-thin condo spires. The exterior of the tower will feature a distinct stepped spire resembling a tilted deck of cards.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 7:22 PM

Another little growth spurt? This tower seems to really be going through supertall puberty...

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 7:23 PM

Fantastic news. Slight height boost and full construction financing. Bring it on!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 8:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
^^ Nice. A SEVEN FOOT height increase!!!! 1438 FT

Oh, the securing of financing is good news too, but it was to be expected.
I walked by yesterday. A lot of work was going on. So much for the anti-NY contingent who declared this project dead when a de minimis investor pulled out its nomimal share!

SPECTRE000

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkling View Post
Nice, there will be able to hire few more construction workers now.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 10:17 PM
don't *meddle*...

1,438', nice! Approaching Sears ... . Also, Steinway is closing the gap on Nordstrom (1,522').

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 10:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
1,438', nice! Approaching Sears ... . Also, Steinway is closing the gap on Nordstrom (1,522').
I wish this was what the Nordstrom design was at that height. This should be the tallest in the U.S.. Its worthy of it, and the best tower of this cycle. But Steinways location is slightly better as it's literally in the center alignment of Central Park.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 10:24 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I wish this was what the Nordstrom design was at that height. This should be the tallest in the U.S.. Its worthy of it, and the best tower of this cycle. But Steinways location is slightly better as it's literally in the center alignment of Central Park.
I agree although one could argue that maybe the tower would be way too thin for 1,522'. But the design is flawless ... a true masterpiece in the making. I just wish Verre would be 1,250', if not taller.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
This tower already looks horribly out of proportion as it. Making it even taller would only be worse. If they had more land and could scale it up then MAYBE, but just stretching it taller (which is all they can do given the lot they are on) would make it look even worse, not better.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:54 PM
Mr. Technology

Am I the only one who likes this design?

I said the same thing years ago with 432 Park and as it turns out, I was right all along!

Just wait until it's topped off and you'll see how awesome this design really is.

In fact, many of you will pretend to forget this conversation completely by 2018.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:57 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTown View Post
This tower already looks horribly out of proportion as it. Making it even taller would only be worse. If they had more land and could scale it up then MAYBE, but just stretching it taller (which is all they can do given the lot they are on) would make it look even worse, not better.
That's what I meant with the Nordstrom site. If this was wider, and a tab bit bulkier, than the height would make sense. But yeah, stretching it out that much, it would look a bit silly.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2015, 8:59 PM
Mr. Technology

Many of you said the same thing about 432 Park years ago!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkling View Post

Oh this is incredible news! I have to say that I was a little worried about this one. It pushes the limits of engineering and design like few buildings in the world do. The current super tall boom has brought us some great buildings. Iconic even. But as of yet no masterpieces. Verre will be a masterpiece. And now, 111 will be a masterpiece.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
Am I the only one who likes this design?

I said the same thing years ago with 432 Park and as it turns out, I was right all along!

Just wait until it's topped off and you'll see how awesome this design really is.

In fact, many of you will pretend to forget this conversation completely by 2018.
Have you read even a little bit of this thread? The vast majority of people love this building... so no, you are not the only person who likes the design. Maybe read the thread before asking questions that have been thoroughly answered.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2015, 12:52 PM
Show me the blueprints

Maybe he thinks it's the Nordstrom thread?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive