HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 2:46 AM

European architecture school questions..

Hey! My name's Jeff and I'm in my first year of the architectural undergraduate program at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada.

We were recently assigned a project in which we have to investigate the spaces where one presents their schoolwork from the architecture program - be it in a formal or informal setting. More specifically, what is the optimum space to present work produced by a student in an architecture prorgram?

Part of the project is to also investigate the spaces given to students in architecture programs around the world and find out how they present their work at their respective institution.

I was assigned to research architecture schools in Europe and I thought that asking some people on this site who are presently studying architecture or have already graduated at a european institution may possibly help me out.

Therefore, if anyone has any information that they could pass along about the presentation/review process of their work at their university would be greatly appreciated! Images of the spaces in question would be amazing to see as well.

If more information is required just message me.

Thank you for your time

Old Posted Feb 11, 2008, 8:54 AM
YIMBY co-founder

I went to the architecture school in Stockholm for a year (part of KTH, the Royal Institute of Technology) back in '01-'02, so I've done a few presentations and sat thru more. The building is Brutalist and considered one of the ugliest in Stockholm - and not even that good as a architecture school building. So they're gonna build a new one and hopefully tear down the old one.

No special spaces were/are used for the presentations. for the smaller ones we did it in the work areas, for the bigger ones in classrooms and the big one that year we did in a lecture-room.

/got no pictures tho.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Feb 12, 2008, 8:07 PM

thanks a lot! sounds pretty similar to what we have to deal with at my school.. our main faculty building is a very simple modernist structure that's quite easy to manipulate for our needs generally - although it severly lacks space for the ever-growing needs of the students so finding space can be a challenge sometimes. natural lighting, if controlable, seems to be great for presentations too as compared to artificial.

-jeff

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe