HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 12:47 AM

Just a formality I'm sure, but at this weeks city council meeting the central business district financial incentive grant & the building permit fee grant were approved for Tannery Place North. Not sure if that's what they were waiting for to start construction, as I imagine they were pretty certain it would be approved.

And it looks like they've started the exterior cladding on Tannery South.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 12:38 PM

Yup, just part of the process. They admit to being a bit delayed due to COVID-19, but should be starting soon.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 12:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Looking forward to seeing that crane go back up again, but in a new location.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Looking forward to seeing that crane go back up again, but in a new location.
I drove by the site yesterday and noticed a large pile of fresh earth in the area where Tannery Place North will be. They've obviously digging somewhere. So are they now starting on the next building?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 3:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I drove by the site yesterday and noticed a large pile of fresh earth in the area where Tannery Place North will be. They've obviously digging somewhere. So are they now starting on the next building?

Maybe digging for the installation of the tower crane???

Also, they are installing the bracing for the cladding on Tannery Place South. I expect cladding installation in the next week or so. The building should look substantially finished (on the outside) very soon.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 4:14 PM

Quote:

Maybe digging for the installation of the tower crane???

Also, they are installing the bracing for the cladding on Tannery Place South. I expect cladding installation in the next week or so. The building should look substantially finished (on the outside) very soon.
They actually started a couple of small areas yesterday I noticed. Light coloured siding. Yeah it looks like it'll go pretty fast on the outside now. It could be that they're going to put up the crane!

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 4:19 PM

Saturday crew continuing to work on the exterior of the building today. They're getting there, slowly but surely.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 3:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Photo of Tannery Place South, found on Retail Talk & Share:

I'm not personally going to take any more photos of this building until fascia application is nearly complete. I'm sure they want this wrapped up before the snow flies.

Sequoia Natural Products (the first confirmed retail tenant of this building) has indicated they want to move in by December. In order to do so, the exterior of this building will have to be complete by that time, with construction fencing removed, and customer parking available. I'm sure the residential tenants are agitating to get in too. The residential units are fully leased.

It will be interesting to see what they plan for Tannery Place North. The tower crane components are still stored on site. Do they intend to install the crane this fall before winter sets in, or will they wait now until the springtime before starting construction on the second building??

Old Posted Sep 27, 2020, 11:16 AM

Construction on Tannery North will not start till spring 2021.

Quote:
Photo of Tannery Place South, found on Retail Talk & Share:

I'm not personally going to take any more photos of this building until fascia application is nearly complete. I'm sure they want this wrapped up before the snow flies.

Sequoia Natural Products (the first confirmed retail tenant of this building) has indicated they want to move in by December. In order to do so, the exterior of this building will have to be complete by that time, with construction fencing removed, and customer parking available. I'm sure the residential tenants are agitating to get in too. The residential units are fully leased.

It will be interesting to see what they plan for Tannery Place North. The tower crane components are still stored on site. Do they intend to install the crane this fall before winter sets in, or will they wait now until the springtime before starting construction on the second building??

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 3:15 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Tannery Place South - current status:

Cladding is coming along, but seems to be taking place at a snail's pace..........

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Tannery Place South - current status:

Cladding is coming along, but seems to be taking place at a snail's pace..........
I had mentioned some time back that I thought this project was going quite slowly. At this point they must be putting the majority of their efforts on the inside. They do have Sequoia that's supposed to be moving in on the ground floor in December.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 3:05 PM

There is a pretty good sized crew working on the exterior of the building this morning.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2020, 7:16 PM

Some interior pictures of the Sequoia Natural & Organic ground floor location slated to open sometime in December can be found on the Avant Garde Construction website:

https://agcm.ca/project-category/current/

Old Posted Nov 8, 2020, 12:09 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

We now have three confirmed tenants for the commercial space in Tannery Place South.

1) - Sequoia Natural and Organic Products
2) - Freshii (relocating from the Higgins Block downtown)
3) - Yuzu Sushi

Three strong tenants for this building (in addition to a sold out residential component). This is a strong endorsement for the entire Junction Urban Village project.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 1:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Photo of the interior fit up for the new Sequoia location at Tannery Place South (found on Avant Garde Construction FB page).

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 4:46 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Found on MLA Greg Turner's FB page:

Yuzu Sushi - opening January 2021
Sequoia - opening end of December 2020
Freshii - opening date not yet specified

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 4:52 PM

I see Freshii is moving as well. Are they still open downtown, or have they closed that location?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 4:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I see Freshii is moving as well. Are they still open downtown, or have they closed that location?
I am rarely downtown, so I must admit that I don't know if it is currently open. The current location however will indeed be closing when they move.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 6:30 PM

Quote:
I am rarely downtown, so I must admit that I don't know if it is currently open. The current location however will indeed be closing when they move.
Ever since they put the cement barriers down the middle of Main Street, I haven't spent much time downtown either. I drive through once in awhile but that's all. In the long run, I think Freshii will do better in their new location.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 7:42 PM

The homeless situation is so bad in the area of Main Street between Botsford and the Subway that I wouldn’t be surprised if that area is a ghost town in 5 years. If I were a business I would be vacating they greener pastures toward the new development.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces