HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Le Victoire in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 8, 2012, 10:22 PM
MTL♥

only 23 floors? man imagine this at 30+ floors hummm

Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 8:01 PM
Look at me!

Well it could be a 30 floor+ tower as it will be 95m in height

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 4:14 PM

This one is almost sold-out and construction is to start on the upcoming weeks.

It is also officially 25 floors now !

Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 9:35 AM
Look at me!

Anyone have information concerning this project, like how the sales are doing and if prep work has begun yet?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 5:19 AM
The good old days are now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Anyone have information concerning this project, like how the sales are doing and if prep work has begun yet?
According to this article, the project sold 50% in its first week!
http://www.epochtimes.fr/front/12/11/28/n3507524.htm

I also noticed this:
Quote:
La vue d’un condo au 24e étage au Victoire est donc équivalente à celle d’un 28e ou 30e étage dans un autre immeuble.
I don't think prep work has started yet though!

I have a contact on the inside on this project, so I'll try and see if I can get any info!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
I also noticed this: La vue d’un condo au 24e étage au Victoire est donc équivalente à celle d’un 28e ou 30e étage dans un autre immeuble.
If that's the case the building will look very grand from street-level. a 30 floor-esque building would be awesome for this location!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 11:52 AM
Look at me!

^yep, well 95m is an impressive height in this city. For comparison sake, here's a downtown tower that measures 95m.

http://www.imtl.org/image/big/DSCN2224.jpg

Old Posted Feb 26, 2013, 5:11 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^one of the ugliest of uglies in Montreal. I saw that pile of shit building on Guy St. every day during my long stay at Concordia U (1990-1994, 1998-2006), as a student and faculty member.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Last edited by MolsonExport; Feb 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 8:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^one of the ugliest of uglies in Montreal. I saw that pile of shit building on Guy St. every day during my long stay at Concordia U (1990-1994, 199-2006), as a student and faculty member.
Woah, you must have been pleased to witness that part of town's de-shittification. Although 2006 may have been a tad early on in the process.

My sister went to Concordia from 2000-04 and I went from 08-12, the transformation from 2000 - 2012 has been pretty staggering.

Mind you, I would have liked to have been around for the more decrepit days, if only to experience mythical shitty watering holes like the first peel pub & the first mad hatters during the apex of Montreal Anglo dejection.

Great times for drinking.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 2:24 PM
Look at me!

Ha, is everyone on this board a Concordia alumni?

True, much improvement there during my time, widening of the de Maisonneve sidewalk, GM building reclad, building of the EV and JM towers. And yet, the neighbourhood is still oppressed by this monstrosity, . The Concordia ghetto is never going to fully recover until this monster gets a full reclad.
http://www.imtl.org/image/big/aIMG_6234.jpg

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 7:19 PM
testify

mcgill alum here, ahem.

personally, i think stitching the concordia ghetto together rests a good development on the parking space behind tim horton's (bleh) on the corner of guy and maisonneuve, along with a redevelopment of the adjacent rear portion of the al-taib building (the one on mackay) and redevelopment of the cafe depot building on the corner of mackay and maisonneuve. build the retail wall at street level to bridge the science and arts wings of concordia.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy as pie View Post
mcgill alum here, ahem.

personally, i think stitching the concordia ghetto together rests a good development on the parking space behind tim horton's (bleh) on the corner of guy and maisonneuve, along with a redevelopment of the adjacent rear portion of the al-taib building (the one on mackay) and redevelopment of the cafe depot building on the corner of mackay and maisonneuve. build the retail wall at street level to bridge the science and arts wings of concordia.
AND do something with Faubourg Ste-Catherine.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2013, 9:51 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy as pie View Post
mcgill alum here, ahem.

ditto. I hate that horrid parking lot, the ass-end of al-taib (I ate thousands of slices at this joint), and the crappy cafe-depot/copies concordia stump structure. It is true, the area has come a very long way from the dank dark early 90s, when le fugly le Chatel apt building was actually one of the better looking structures in a sea of extreme uglies in the con ghetto. Worst was the former st. Mathieu exit for guy metro station...a crappy zamboni shed that was.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danse Cité View Post
AND do something with Faubourg Ste-Catherine.
Apparently It's been overrun by a cockroach infestation. I don't think restaurants are even allowed operate there. Too bad, that building has a fairly grand facade with lots of potential. They need to massively gut the interior and start over, fixing the outside would be nice too.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2013, 2:51 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2013, 3:49 AM
The good old days are now

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftimage View Post
Apparently It's been overrun by a cockroach infestation. I don't think restaurants are even allowed operate there. Too bad, that building has a fairly grand facade with lots of potential. They need to massively gut the interior and start over, fixing the outside would be nice too.
Funny thing is that there are still quite a few restaurants operating in there, including that popular Thai place. I tried it a few times, and it was pretty good, but now I stay away from there...

Old Posted Feb 28, 2013, 5:14 AM
The Vomit Bag.

I must have eaten at that Thai place a million times during my long period at Clunkordia.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 6:05 PM
Look at me!

Par l'entremise d'une source a mtlurb, le bureau de vente a déménager de l'edifice Dominion Guaranteed et la construction devra commencer sous peu, sans doute cet été!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2013, 6:26 AM

Je suis de l'uDm mais je prenais souvent la 165 Cotes-Des-Neiges pour me balader dans ce secteur

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 2:01 PM

Demolition has begun for this project. Reports from mtlurb.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive