HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I'm not really a big fan of this project. It's just more land and less air being taken up for precious Downtown space. It removes the alley and creates a super-massive block which is one of Downtown Phoenix's biggest issues. Blocks should not be this large in a Downtown.
These will be some of the most coveted apartments in PHX. I was more concerned with the vacant lot than the prospect of a beautiful $231m project. Excited to watch this one go vertical

Last edited by ASUSunDevil; Jul 9, 2019 at 2:10 AM.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
These will be some of the most coveted apartments in PHX. I was more concerned with the vacant lot than the prospect of a beautiful $231m project. Excited to watch this one go vertical
I dont think anyone denies that, But I also wish it was taller and less wide.

However I disagree that our blocks in the center of downtown are unusually big. They are quite normal at least right around the core.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 6:07 AM
Skyriser

I don't really care how big the block is so long as long as the overall street interaction is good--entrances or breathable spaces no more than every 50'. X has a fair amount of office and retail--the bigger fear is that it sits vacant.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I don't really care how big the block is so long as long as the overall street interaction is good--entrances or breathable spaces no more than every 50'. X has a fair amount of office and retail--the bigger fear is that it sits vacant.
Couldn't agree more. Lets think about the success of the project, I would rather have less height and more downtown space filled if the project is going to thrive and lease up quickly rather than waiting another cycle until phoenix will allow height above 400'. If this project succeeds, phoenix will garner a ton more interest from high rise developers thus increasing density of downtown. I'd love to see a 500' proposal come through, but at this location this is about as good as it gets. Height is more likely near the stadiums and along central.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:27 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
Couldn't agree more. Lets think about the success of the project, I would rather have less height and more downtown space filled if the project is going to thrive and lease up quickly rather than waiting another cycle until phoenix will allow height above 400'. If this project succeeds, phoenix will garner a ton more interest from high rise developers thus increasing density of downtown. I'd love to see a 500' proposal come through, but at this location this is about as good as it gets. Height is more likely near the stadiums and along central.
Relax fellow forumers. I am not complaining about the density or the vibrancy that X will bring and I never said I would rather not see it built over a vacant lot. I'm merely not thrilled with what I consider is a bland boxy design and I would have like to have seen the alleyway or a pedestrian walkway be integrated in some way to break it up a bit. Anyway, this is a 2-phase build and there's always the chance we will get stuck with only phase 1 and end up with only half a box.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I put this squarely on the City government. There are plenty of offices being built in Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe, even Mesa is getting a brand new 1.5 million sqft project.

The city has not done a good job of getting offices downtown. that is on the city, the Metro has plenty of office draw.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 5:33 PM

Don't forget Gilbert has Rivulon too, another couple of million sqft of office space.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 6:08 PM

Right on scheduled:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...usinesses.html

Quote:
In a report from WalletHub, Arizona was named the seventh best state in the country to start a business. Texas took the top spot, with Utah, Georgia, North Dakota and Oklahoma rounding out the top five.
There is plenty of office space absorption, the city needs to focus on getting those downtown. They've done great getting housing and food/entertainment downtown but now they need to push for some of this office growth.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2019, 11:05 PM

^ North Dakota is a better place to start a business than AZ?

Thanks for saving me a click.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
^ North Dakota is a better place to start a business than AZ?

Thanks for saving me a click.
If oil related i 100% believe it.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2019, 3:08 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I put this squarely on the City government. There are plenty of offices being built in Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe, even Mesa is getting a brand new 1.5 million sqft project.

The city has not done a good job of getting offices downtown. that is on the city, the Metro has plenty of office draw.
Tbqh, I blame the west valley--it's so easy once you get used to it!

Phoenix is no longer central to the workers that companies want to hire nor has it ever been really close to the executives that will hire them. I suppose when Central Phoenix starts to gentrify further and the schools improve, that will change.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 3:59 PM

A lot of equipment and rebar columns on site. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.

You can also see some of the new fencing up at The Fillmore site from this angle and upcoming Aspire Fillmore

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
A lot of equipment and rebar columns on site. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.

You can also see some of the new fencing up at The Fillmore site from this angle and upcoming Aspire Fillmore

Stay working there you will be able to get the hotel, x, the Gilmore and aspirant all from that spot, maybe even our unlikely 500+ footers

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 4:57 PM

Obstruction evaluation for a 410' crane:

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...11640079&row=4

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 5:11 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Obstruction evaluation for a 410' crane:

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...11640079&row=4
That's an awful lot of crane height for a 290' building.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 2:00 AM

I drove by the site today. There was lots of activity.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 2:07 AM

Quote:
That's an awful lot of crane height for a 290' building.
Yeah hopefully they push it to 400' then! Maybe that picture they show in their concept art is accurate - the picture that shows it almost lined up with the Wells Fargo building. Who knows, still just glad that we have continuous development going on downtown.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
Yeah hopefully they push it to 400' then! Maybe that picture they show in their concept art is accurate - the picture that shows it almost lined up with the Wells Fargo building. Who knows, still just glad that we have continuous development going on downtown.
With a 400’ crane, we can shove it up that guy’s ass who reported that downtown Phoenix development was stagnant because there weren’t enough cranes around.

Bring on this beast!!!

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 3:50 PM
Modulator

Well I've learned that the first phase is basically the I shaped section of the rendering:

This leaves me wondering if phase 1 is at 290'ish mark? If so, then the second phase will be a little taller as it has an additional floor which would put it a tick over 300', but still nowhere near enough for a 410' crane.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2019, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Well I've learned that the first phase is basically the I shaped section of the rendering:

This leaves me wondering if phase 1 is at 290'ish mark? If so, then the second phase will be a little taller as it has an additional floor which would put it a tick over 300', but still nowhere near enough for a 410' crane.
That looks like only half a block too

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest