HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

One Brickell City Centre in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 18, 2018, 6:04 PM

Have they found an anchor tenant for this building yet?

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 12:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

ISG takes over sales at Brickell City Centre from Fortune and One Sotheby’s

Quote:
ISG is taking over the remaining condo sales at Brickell City Centre on Tuesday from Fortune International Realty and One Sotheby’s International Realty, The Real Deal has learned.

Swire Properties had issued a request for proposals for one brokerage to handle sales and marketing of the remaining 200 units at Reach and Rise, the 760-unit condo component of Brickell City Centre, sources said.

ISG co-founder and principal Craig Studnicky confirmed it won the bid. “Swire made a decision around six months or so ago that they only wanted one company to take over,” Studnicky said. “[Fortune and One Sotheby’s] didn’t do it as a joint venture; they were competing against each other.”

Maile Aguila, senior vice president of residential sales for Swire, said late last year that she divided buyers and leads evenly between Fortune and One Sotheby’s. The sales team had also been cut in half to about a half dozen agents. Aguila could not immediately be reached for comment.

[...]

Aguila said in December that Swire won’t launch Brickell City Centre’s second phase — including hiring a brokerage — until Reach and Rise are sold out. The first phase of Brickell City Centre includes the completed 500,000-square-foot shopping center, office building and the 40-story East, Miami hotel.
====================
TRD

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 9:40 PM

One Brickell City Centre Still In Design, Because It’s ‘Complicated’

Quote:
Swire Properties still hasn’t finalized plans for One Brickell City Centre, which could become the tallest tower in Miami at 1,049 feet.

In an interview with the SFBJ, Swire president Kieran Bowers said the 80-story tower remained in the design phase, because it is a complicated project.

Earlier this month, Bower told the Herald that “the timing is not there yet” for One Brickell City Centre. “We’ve continued to evolve the design for stacked retail and residential. We know there is very little margin of error,” he said.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2018, 11:53 PM

Translation: not happening soon.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Translation: not happening soon.
Bingo.

And it may never happen. All it takes to derail this would be a recession or economic slowdown in the next 2-3 years. The window to build these supertalls is closing fast.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 1:14 AM

One tower has a greater chance of being built: One Bayfront or One Brickell?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
One tower has a greater chance of being built: One Bayfront or One Brickell?
Overall I would say One Brickell City Center (One Brickell is actually a separate project). Just not sure when.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 2:29 PM

Maybe Tibor will surprise us. After all, he's the reigning tallest.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 5:48 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I'll go with Brickell City Center. Although the developer is optimistic about a 2019 u/c launch of Bayfront, I think City Centre is more feasible due to its functionality. Optimism can be a good sign, but its not the lead indicator. I think City Centre will have much better odds financially and money along with lower risk is what gets things u/c.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 4:58 AM

OK - so any updates on this proposed tower? Any news?

Old Posted May 25, 2019, 1:22 PM
BANNED

I love Miami, and I keep reading that it’s real estate market is the best in America. Thus, I was curious if there’s any news about this project or if it’s effectively dead.

Old Posted May 25, 2019, 2:51 PM

I don't think Miami has a strong office market. All of the demand has been residential and hotel. Odd, considering Miami is one of the USA's best transit cities. Oko Group is building a tall office skyscraper so I expect that to be the only major office development this cycle.

Old Posted May 25, 2019, 4:08 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

With the office market, its why a lot of developments have been mixed used with a ratio of either condos/rentals and office (tends to be in range of 100-250k sq-ft on average), and retail. Condos/Rentals (market rate) are a bulk of newer developments.

Certain developments in the past have been purely office, but have since in the last 2 years been designed to include residential functionality to help chances of making financial sense.

Old Posted May 25, 2019, 4:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
I don't think Miami has a strong office market. All of the demand has been residential and hotel. Odd, considering Miami is one of the USA's best transit cities. Oko Group is building a tall office skyscraper so I expect that to be the only major office development this cycle.
Its not dead, but long term. Similar to certain developers putting towers on hold until the market is right, I think this will follow suit.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 2:01 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

80-FLOOR ONE BRICKELL CITY CENTRE GETS FAA APPROVAL AT 1,049 FEET (AGAIN)

Quote:
The Federal Aviation Administration has once again granted approval for the 80-story One Brickell City Centre supertall tower to be built at 1,040 feet above ground, or 1,049 feet above sea level.

Developer Swire Properties has until December 2020 to break ground or the approval will expire. The developer can also apply for extensions, likely until 2022 at the latest.

A previous approval for the same height was applied for in 2013 and approved in 2015, but expired in 2018.

A second application was filed for in March 2018, following expiration of the first. Review took about 18 months and was granted on June 15.
===========
NXT

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 2:13 AM
BANNED

Me gusta esta ciudad!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
80-FLOOR ONE BRICKELL CITY CENTRE GETS FAA APPROVAL AT 1,049 FEET (AGAIN)

===========
NXT
This is good. I guess, technically, this project is still alive.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 8:23 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

Long term Chris, long term. I think this will rise, but its one that we just have to wait. When the time is right. Sometimes, large scale projects can take 10+ years from time of conception to fruition. Won't be the 1st, won't be the last.

But Miami is on the right track for the next 3 quarters of 2019. 10 towers alone 500+ ft are slated to rise via construction start, with I believe two new tallest(s). 2 Over 820 ft alone!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 12:04 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

BRICKELL CITY CENTRE’S FIRST PHASE SHOULD HAVE HAD MORE OFFICE SPACE, SWIRE CEO SAYS

Quote:
Brickell City Centre’s office space is 100% full, and the CEO of developer Swire Properties said he would like to have more of the space to lease.

“I kind of wish we had built more office” Swire chief Guy Bradley told investors in Hong Kong last week, referring to Brickell City Centre.

Bradley added that phase two of Brickell City Centre would include an office component. No update on a construction timeline was provided, however.

The office market in Miami is now very favorable to landlords, he said. A company presentation last week also said the Miami retail market is seeing growing sales and steady demand.

Swire’s presentation said that the One Brickell City Centre supertall tower would include a total of 1.96 million square feet of gross floor area.

The tenant quality now in place at the first phase of Brickell City Centre is extremely good quality, in both the shopping mall and office buildings, Bradley said.

The mall is nicely positioned for the future, Bradley added. Retail space has now reached 90% leased and sales at the mall are continuing to grow.

Condo sales are moving at a “reasonably slow” pace compared to the hot Miami residential market of 2014, Bradley said. Weakness in Latin America continues to affect Miami, but the Reach condo is now nearly sold out and Rise is now around three quarters sold, Bradley added.
==============
NXT

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 10:54 AM
BANNED

Is there any chance that this will start soon?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals