HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Nov 4, 2022, 2:04 PM

[Stoney Creek] 1400 South Service Road | ? | ? | Proposed

Old Posted Nov 4, 2022, 3:04 PM

not a fan of this at all. A continued wrong theme of loading up density along the QEW in the worst place in the city for that kind of density. On employment lands to boot - this should be left to be developed as a warehouse or something.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2022, 3:27 PM

Do you guys think the entire area between Hamilton and Grimsby north of Hwy 8 will get developed?

I see a rail symbol at the proposed transit hub at Winona Crossing. Perhaps GO station goes there rather than in Grimsby?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2022, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
not a fan of this at all. A continued wrong theme of loading up density along the QEW in the worst place in the city for that kind of density. On employment lands to boot - this should be left to be developed as a warehouse or something.
I really don't get who would want to live there. The buildings might be nice, but that quickly gets negated by the unattractive location.

I can understand the appeal if it were right beside the lake, but over here the lake is only really viewable to the top half of the floors of the condo building - while they get a fantastic view of the highway and the lovely aroma of car exhaust.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2022, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
I really don't get who would want to live there. The buildings might be nice, but that quickly gets negated by the unattractive location.

I can understand the appeal if it were right beside the lake, but over here the lake is only really viewable to the top half of the floors of the condo building - while they get a fantastic view of the highway and the lovely aroma of car exhaust.
Commuters. Easy access to a highway is often a major draw

Old Posted Nov 5, 2022, 6:19 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post

The buildings adjacent to the QEW in Grimsby seem to have been a success. So why not replicate that an interchange or two westward!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2022, 6:11 PM

The employment conversion request was approved here through the changes to the Hamilton Official Plan that the MMAH made on Friday.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs