HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 4:01 PM

Farhi's GM Trim site development was approved by city council yesterday. The first apartment building should start in the late winter, and the residential lot servicing should start in the spring, as per the Windsor Star.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmacm View Post
Nothing is happening on site. The case is exactly the same for The Hive on Pelissier, supposedly they got their demo permits in March and "work has started" but nothing has happened yet, as of yesterday when I walked by the site.

My guess it's a lot of newer companies that don't have experience constructing taller buildings, hence why it's taking so long. Right now it's only Piroli and Valente who have been able to get anything off the ground at all.

I think the next one that will get off the ground will be the Amico/Hotel Dieu development on Crawford and University.
The Hive so far doesn't appear to be cancelled. Their Facebook page is very active and posts a few times a week. Apparently they are taking reservations and are stating occupancy should happen starting 2020. With that said, I'll believe it when I see it. Each time I've been by there, I see very little evidence of ongoing work. But supposedly it's all still a go.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 1:33 AM
Rockin' Buffet Tables

In Gordie Howe bridge news, it sounds like it's still awhile away before we get to see the really visible progress get going, but they are starting to put the footings in place for now

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...aking-progress

Their site also has this interesting update: "Material will start to come to site in 1 to 2 weeks, we will be expecting around 200 trucks per day."

https://www.gordiehoweinternationalb...ivities-canada

Old Posted May 7, 2020, 2:21 PM

Very excited to see this great old highrise downtown getting sold and renovated into residential units with commercial lower!

I was hoping that with all of the renovations happening on those Chatham St. buildings downtown, that it would spill over to those two historic blocks of University Ave. that are begging for some kind of revival.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...-917e1223376b/

Last edited by north 42; May 7, 2020 at 2:43 PM.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 11:45 PM

I also posted this in the Detroit developments thread, but it should be mentioned here:

Officials: Gordie Howe bridge on track to open in 2024 despite construction delays from COVID-19

Quote:
The Gordie Howe International Bridge project is on target to open by the end of 2024 despite the COVID-19 crisis that slowed construction for a time, officials said Thursday.

The Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority held an online community meeting via Facebook Live to give the public an update on the project.

"Work has been able to continue throughout this entire time period at the site," said Heather Grondin, the vice president of communications and stakeholder relations for the Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority.

Grondin, who appeared with other officials working on the project, said in terms of the "overall schedule we're not behind," but there has been a need to shift some aspects of the schedule to accommodate mitigation measures in place for COVID-19.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario