HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 1, 2010, 7:29 AM

It's nice to see wine country again. I have many a fond, and not so fond memories that took place in Santa Rosa. Thanks you for reminding me about Sushi to Dai For, that place is amazing. It's really a shame how 101 just ripped right through historic downtown Santa Rosa. I guess pretty soon I'll post a tour of my own wine country hometown.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2010, 4:37 PM

Great photo set. I have wanted to go to Santa Rosa ever since I saw Shadow of a Doubt, a great Hitchcock film set in the town. Much exterior shooting was done there. A home on McDonald St. The downtown, etc. Fun to see the train station in your pics - it is in the movie for a couple important scenes.

Hitchcock always considered it one of his favorite / best films. Really cool to see what remains of the town.

Old Posted May 27, 2013, 10:41 PM

those are great shots! have lived in Santa Rosa for six years and have not taken enough photos but here are two, the first from the 2008 Tour of California as the peloton rolled into town down 4th street, the second from the roof of the at&t building on 3rd ST in 2012

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos