HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 1:44 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

NEW ROCHELLE | 11 Lawton Street | 605 FT | 48 + 23 FLOORS (New Tallest)

New tallest for one of NYC's satellite cities.

= = = = =

Plans Submitted For New Rochelle’s New Tallest Building At 11 Lawton Street

Quote:
Downtown New Rochelle may soon have an interesting addition to its skyline as plans were recently filed for a 48-story skyscraper at 11 Lawton Street. In addition to the 605-foot tower, the site will also house a separate 23-story hotel building. As reported in the New York YIMBY forums, this will be the largest mixed-use development project in the city’s history if approved later this month at the Planning Board meeting.

The proposal calls for 596 residential units, with 453 rentals and 143 for sale in the taller tower. An automated garage with 621 parking spaces will span the below-ground floors as well as some of the podium levels. The first floor is designated as retail space and residences will start on the fifth floor. Amenities, exclusive to residents, will be located on the 31st floor.

The second tower will have 228 hotel rooms beginning on the fifth floor. The former National City Bank of New Rochelle currently occupying the site will be converted into a hotel lobby and restaurant and serve as the podium of this structure.
==============
NYY

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 6:48 PM

This will be the tallest tower north of Central Park, actually (though there are a few taller proposals Uptown).

Nice addition for Westchester.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 8:07 PM
Show me the blueprints

Indeed. This will be seen from quite a distance. I envision a future where the Bronx and the downtowns of Westchester cities boom with 40+ story towers.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 2:33 AM

As a resident, this proposal sounds great, and I like that it will preserve one of the most beautiful historic sites in the downtown. People are already complaining about it, but I don't think they will make a difference.

It's nice to see NR be mentioned on this site. I mostly cover it on YIMBY Forums since all of my posts here got swept away by everything else.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 5:20 AM
New Yorker for life

Sounds nice, a 600 footer would be one of the tallest towers in the state outside of New York City.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 6:52 AM

I covered this quite extensively over on the YIMBY Forums, but here's what this bad boy will look like.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Sounds nice, a 600 footer would be one of the tallest towers in the state outside of New York City.
I believe this will be the tallest tower in NY State outside of NYC.

The Corning tower, in Albany, is 590 ft. The twin Ritz Carlton Towers in White Plains are around 500 ft. each. One Seneca Center in Buffalo is around 530 ft.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nramacciato View Post
I covered this quite extensively over on the YIMBY Forums, but here's what this bad boy will look like.
This is very exciting for New Rochelle. This will be prominent even from higher floors in Midtown.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 1:04 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hill West Architects Releases New Renderings For 605-Foot-Tall Skyscraper At 11 Lawton Street In New Rochelle

Quote:
Hill West Architects has released new renderings for 11 Lawton Street, New Rochelle‘s first skyscraper. YIMBY first reported on the permit filing in June for the massive two-tower project located in the city’s downtown area. Details for the mixed-use development include a 605-foot-tall, 48-story residential tower with 143 condo units and 453 rental units, and a secondary 23-story tower will contain a 190-room hotel.

Renderings below show how the development will incorporate the old National City Bank of New Rochelle building into the podium of the hotel. No details have been released about the makeup of the residential units or the amenity package for residents.
============
NYY

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 5:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Hope that crown will be lit as it appears.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 5:39 PM

You'll see this from higher floors in Manhattan. Will totally change the northward views.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 6:31 PM

Really like this. I work off of the Cross Island Parkway in Bayside and you can see New Rochelle's (and even White Plains') skyline across Little Neck Bay and the Sound. This should really stand out.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2019, 5:51 AM

High res renderings posted by New York YIMBY

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals