HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 8, 2009, 12:40 PM

Navaho Springs, AZ - a SU city

Presenting Rocane got me excited on modeling with SU again. Btw. thanks, Austin, for inviting me here - I probably would still be on my SU break, if that hadn't happened. I started planning Navaho Springs after I finished Rocane last september, but then I paused until recently, when you guys' comments on my Rocane thread got me inspired again.

This thread is about Navaho Springs, a medium sized (about half a million people) city in southern Arizona. I'm gonna show how Navaho Springs looks today, so this isn't going to be a timeline presentation (don't have that much time for SU anymore). Updates will probably be pretty slow - hopefully once a week, but I can't guarantee that.

Here's the first shot - a preview, if you will. It shows the Burgundy Hotel at the northwest corner of Main Street and Russell Street. The building was originally built for VanAlen Banking Corporation in 1914, making it the oldest highrise in the city. VanAlen Corp. moved to a new building in 1974, and this building was converted to a luxury hotel. Today it is the number one hotel in Navaho Springs.

The trees lining the street are smart trees from the 3d Warehouse by AngryKangaroo.

Last edited by Vellu; Apr 26, 2009 at 5:10 PM. Reason: Moved the city to southern Arizona

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup