HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Jan 23, 2021, 12:09 AM

Found Images of the 1920s & 1930s, Start of the Modern Era

I've always been fascinated by the 1920s and 1930s, especially in the cities. So much of our "modern era" started then. Our technology and communications, culture, fashion, sports and style, political movements, economic and financial practices, etc. Here is a thread to share found photos and videos from that era available on the internet, especially images of the lives of ordinary people. I'll post some once I learn how it is done here, but I urge all of you to post "found" photos and videos of people and city life. Also discuss your thoughts about that period, and maybe the recollections and experiences of your parents and grandparents, or maybe you if you're old enough to have been there.

Last edited by CaliNative; Jan 23, 2021 at 4:41 AM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2021, 11:28 PM

Wonderful PBS video on 1920s & 1929 stock market crash

Made a couple of decades ago but they were able to interview people alive during the 1920s & crash. You will love it. From the "American Experience" series, "The Crash of '29":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAZjlxWNszw

Fred MacMurray sings the 1929 hit song "I'm in the Market for You" written right before the crash. Fred starts crooning about half way through. MacMurray started as a singer and musician before his acting career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvYBk6oH0NA

Last edited by CaliNative; Jan 24, 2021 at 5:08 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos