HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 1:23 AM
BANNED

Are we allowed to post counter-narrative stories here?

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...ame-from-a-lab

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 1:26 AM
BANNED

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
We hit 70% yesterday of eligible population vaccinated with at least one dose.

Thus far, re-opening is still on schedule. And we have some new details today.

The existing travel exemption request will be replaced with a new travel form on June 28 for travellers arriving on or after July 1. It will no longer be a request for permission to come here for an essential reason. Any “Canadian” (which in this case means anyone who is arriving in the province from anywhere in Canada, so including foreign citizens) will be able to come for any reason. They just need to complete the form in order to upload proof of vaccination. All travellers arriving from outside the country are subject to federal rules, of course, hence the weird phrasing we’re using.

The most recent rules in that regard:

Fully Vaccinated, defined as at least one week since your second dose: no testing required, no isolation required.

Partially vaccinated, defined as at least one dose but not meeting the standard above: a negative PCR test is required no more than three days before your arrival, OR you must isolate until you get a negative PCR test result here. This is the only testing standard we will accept. Rapid tests are not approved.

Unvaccinated: full 14-day isolation under existing standards (having to provide a plan of where you will isolate/how you will get supplies, agree to be monitored by public health, etc.)
I love giving people differential treatment based on their medical history. That has literally never led to disastrous results nosireee!

with the numbers of people vaccinated, especially the most vulnerable, you'd think that at the very least we could reopen libraries and gyms

but that doesn't put enough money in Bezos' pockets, so that ain't happening

They want to keep you dumb, fat and happy. They can't accept that people would pick up a book and actually think for themselves.

Last edited by Bread_Kaczynski; Jun 13, 2021 at 2:14 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 2:13 AM
BANNED

delete

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 2:52 AM
More transit please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread_Kaczynski View Post

Yes Migs you’re allowed.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 4:45 AM

Quote:

That is a fairly mainstream narrative. The article basically says the senior US scientist on the file things a lab leak is a possibility and US intelligence has been tasked with seeing if they can figure it out.

The Canada government positions has generally been we don't know yet.

The Government of China position is our people don't make mistakes and that could not have happened.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 7:32 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Libraries and gyms are open here, with capacity restrictions (i.e. every second treadmill/stairclimber is roped off). Almost everything has been open to some capacity throughout the pandemic here. We had a longer lockdown at the beginning, and targeted ones since, but for the most part everything has been able to operate safely following public health guidance.

The only standout thing to me that was banned in spring 2020 and STILL hasn’t been allowed is indoor dancing at bars. Drag shows and performances are allowed but not crowded dance floors. They’re all being used to provide more physically distanced seating and raise allowable capacity.

So, for example, all these seats used to be the dance floor. You can remove your mask when seated with your Steady 20 (currently allowable number of close physical connections, which must be a total number. So those four people sitting at that table can only do that with 16 other people, and it must be the same 16. In my little circle of friends we have five people, add in our parents and that’s about all we’re allowed to see. So I really only see 7 people, but I’ve still maxed out my Steady 20.) You have to put your mask back on if you leave your seat to tip the girls, get a drink, go to the bathroom, whatever else.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 7:49 AM

Quote:
Nope, hydroxychloriquine doesn't save anyone and if you think otherwise you're a Trumpster science denier Chudcel
Even Donald Trump didn't use HCQ. You'd think that if the mountains of evidence that it was useless weren't enough, at the very least dear leader's own snubbing of the medication would be enough to convince his supporters. Guess not.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23 View Post
Even Donald Trump didn't use HCQ. You'd think that if the mountains of evidence that it was useless weren't enough, at the very least dear leader's own snubbing of the medication would be enough to convince his supporters. Guess not.
He also got the vaccine before leaving office (and I'm assuming a second shot since), but hasn't really publicized it, other than a quick statement. I don't now whether he took HCQ or not, but her certainly liked to tell people he was. But then, I don't think he really had Covid either, that was just a nice media distraction for that weekend, so he could return as the conquering hero.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 3:07 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
A celebrity is coming to town!

Quote:
s planning to lead a “pop-up church” in Stratford Sunday.
England's playing Croatia at 9 am Sunday, so I won't be able to make it out for the service. Too bad.
It is not a pop up church. It is a poop-up church. Where the poop magically levitates as it leaves the mouths of these shameless false prophets. Poop is the vessel used for their holy communion with Gawd.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -President Lyndon B. Johnson

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 3:12 PM
The Vomit Bag.

anyone can find their own personal Lord Monckton in an attempt to legitimize their own worldview. if you want quacks, there is a limitless supply of ducks to choose from.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -President Lyndon B. Johnson

Last edited by MolsonExport; Jun 13, 2021 at 3:35 PM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
It is not a pop up church. It is a poop-up church. Where the poop magically levitates as it leaves the mouths of these shameless false prophets. Poop is the vessel used for their holy communion with Gawd.
I wonder if these are the same neanderthals that won't give their kids a life saving treatment because they believe God will take care of them? Totally discounting the idea that maybe God sent the fucking doctor in the first place? That if God was so almighty, how could a mere human actually interfere with God's plan? I hate religion.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 3:20 PM

I wonder what's with Ontario's numbers? I never understood why our ICU numbers were so high in relation to hospitalization. I was thinking that maybe they were putting as many Covid patients in ICU as they could, to, I guess, free up other space? But then I also noticed that half to 2/3 of ICU patients were also ventilated, so that means those people are unfortunately quite ill.

So today, I see we have 373 in hospital and 426 in ICU (273 ventilated). How do we have fewer hospitalizations than ICU? Have I always mistook the idea that ICU was a subset of hospital numbers?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I wonder if these are the same neanderthals that won't give their kids a life saving treatment because they believe God will take care of them? Totally discounting the idea that maybe God sent the fucking doctor in the first place? That if God was so almighty, how could a mere human actually interfere with God's plan? I hate religion.
Literally this.

If you believe in God, one must logically conclude God bestowed humans with the capability to learn and apply medical science to decrease suffering. We live in an age of miracles that have hugely benefited the human race.

Smallpox is no longer a thing, except locked away in a lab. Polio is not far from that point. Immunizations, clean water and sanitation have hugely decreased suffering in the world.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 4:01 PM
¥ ¥ ¥

Quote:
I wonder what's with Ontario's numbers? I never understood why our ICU numbers were so high in relation to hospitalization. I was thinking that maybe they were putting as many Covid patients in ICU as they could, to, I guess, free up other space? But then I also noticed that half to 2/3 of ICU patients were also ventilated, so that means those people are unfortunately quite ill.

So today, I see we have 373 in hospital and 426 in ICU (273 ventilated). How do we have fewer hospitalizations than ICU? Have I always mistook the idea that ICU was a subset of hospital numbers?

ICU stays are usually a lot longer than non-ICU hospital stays. If there's a high ratio of ICU to general hospitalization, then it likely means that new admissions have gone way down; and hospitals are now just working through their backlog of ICU patients.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 4:06 PM

Data for hospitalizations is always under-counted on Sundays and Mondays. Approximately 10-20% of all hospitals don't bother reporting. The ICU # though is always reported accurately.

So basically disregard all hospital numbers on Sun-Mon.

Cases stalled out around the 500 ish mark this week in ON...

-Positivity Rate is 2.6%
-R Value At 0.87

11.21 Million Doses Of Vaccines Administered (+186K)

-74.4% Of All Adults (18+) In ON Have At Least 1 Dose
-72.8% Of All Eligible People (12+) Have At Least 1 Dose
-13.9% Of All Eligible People (12+) Have BOTH Doses

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 4:12 PM
digital b0y

Quebec reports 151 new cases with 2 deaths

215 in hospital (-12)
58 in ICU (-1)

a political policy characterized by inertia and antipathy to change

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Mods seriously this is getting very tiresome the amount of vitriol being espoused of people who are against those who have religious views can this type of stuff be cleaned up please. Not all Christians are pedophile monsters from the catholic church enough is enough already please treat people with respect and decency on here.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 5:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
anyone can find their own personal Lord Monckton in an attempt to legitimize their own worldview. if you want quacks, there is a limitless supply of ducks to choose from.
Not sure I get the reference to Lord Monckton, but if you are talking about Robert Monckton, he wasn't a lord - that was his brother.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 5:23 PM

Ontario’s ICU numbers are officially higher than total hospitalizations (somehow?) today.

There has never been an explanation as to why Ontario’s ICU numbers are so high, and as far as I can tell no media has ever really asked.

Case counts always “stall” mid week every week. It’ll drop again starting tomorrow.

Today’s number is a bit higher that it “should be” but Waterloo and Porcupine health unit reported unusually high numbers today for some reason causing that.

Porcupine Heath unit continues to post unusually high case counts - over 300/100k still. It’s now about 15% of the entire provinces case counts despite representing about 0.5%’of the provinces population.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 5:31 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Some hospitals don't report number on Saturdays and Sundays, so the atual hospitalization number won't be out until Tuesday.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada