HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 17, 2020, 7:11 PM

Lancaster Mews:

DJI_0265-HDR.jpg by Philly By Drone, on Flickr

Last edited by GtownFriend; Mar 17, 2020 at 7:45 PM.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2020, 7:54 PM

Tangen Hall:

DJI_0049-HDR.jpg by Philly By Drone, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 17, 2020, 8:15 PM

Apartment ar 40th & Pine, mostly done:

DJI_0293-HDR.jpg by Philly By Drone, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 17, 2020, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Apartment ar 40th & Pine, mostly done:

DJI_0293-HDR.jpg by Philly By Drone, on Flickr
Wasn’t that building some years ago?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2020, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbrown View Post
Wasn’t that building some years ago?
Yes, there was discussion then as it was being planned/started. In part due to interest in the mansion that it replaced.
You can see in the full sized picture that they are still finishing uparound the edges (roof).

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 3:37 PM

Amazing pic of Tangen Hall, I count 9 buildings in this photo that have been built in the past 5 years.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieman View Post
Amazing pic of Tangen Hall
Indeed. And in addition to all the other new buildings in the photo, this is one that seems to look better in real life than it did in the renderings.

Last edited by Philly Fan; Mar 18, 2020 at 7:03 PM.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Indeed. And in addition to all the other new buildings in the photo, this is one that seems to look better in real life that it did in the renderings.
I agree. Usually its the other way around.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
I agree. Usually its the other way around.
Yep, this one looks much more vibrant in real life:

Rendering--

Photo--

Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 10:05 PM
Midrise

Governor Wolf orders further business closures; includes all construction; must shut down by 8pm today.*

*In extenuating circumstances, special exemptions will be granted to businesses that are supplying or servicing health care providers.

List by industry group: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...g-Business.pdf

Order: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...sure-Order.pdf

Gov. Tom Wolf orders all Pennsylvania businesses that aren’t ‘life-sustaining’ to close, will enforce order
| Inquirer.com

Wolf previously said that his administration would not enforce shutdown orders, and that he was relying on “self-enforcement” by businesses.

That will now change.

“Enforcement actions will be taken against non-life sustaining businesses that are out of compliance effective March 21, 2020, at 12:01 a.m.,” according to the order signed by Wolf.

The order takes effect immediately and will remain in place “until further notice.”

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Governor Wolf orders further business closures; includes all construction; must shut down by 8pm today.*

*In extenuating circumstances, special exemptions will be granted to businesses that are supplying or servicing health care providers.

List by industry group: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...g-Business.pdf

Order: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...sure-Order.pdf

Gov. Tom Wolf orders all Pennsylvania businesses that aren’t ‘life-sustaining’ to close, will enforce order
| Inquirer.com

Wolf previously said that his administration would not enforce shutdown orders, and that he was relying on “self-enforcement” by businesses.

That will now change.

“Enforcement actions will be taken against non-life sustaining businesses that are out of compliance effective March 21, 2020, at 12:01 a.m.,” according to the order signed by Wolf.

The order takes effect immediately and will remain in place “until further notice.”
I wonder if this will apply to Penn's new hospital. Besides being a future essential hospital, I've heard rumors that they're rushing to outfit temporary rooms for patient overflow, but I don't know if it's true. They're already setting up tents, though, so I imagine a temporary room in an unfinished hospital might be better

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 1:46 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
I wonder if this will apply to Penn's new hospital. Besides being a future essential hospital, I've heard rumors that they're rushing to outfit temporary rooms for patient overflow, but I don't know if it's true. They're already setting up tents, though, so I imagine a temporary room in an unfinished hospital might be better
I have to think they'll issue waivers for medical-related construction. How could they not?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 2:06 PM

I was thinking this too. It's be crazy to halt medical-related construction at a time like this.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I have to think they'll issue waivers for medical-related construction. How could they not?
If it's a medical building that could complete in the next couple months, I'd hope so. I'd think projects in their early stages are a different story, regardless of use.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2020, 12:05 AM

^The Governor's actions, while probably necessary, were done precipitously and without broad consultation. After rapid pushback, his office has already updated the list of businesses and now medical facility construction (along with building maintenance/repairs) are permitted to continue. Alas, liquor stores received a reprieve of less than 24 hours and are now on the closure list again.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2020, 1:52 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
If it's a medical building that could complete in the next couple months, I'd hope so. I'd think projects in their early stages are a different story, regardless of use.
Construction on Penn Medicine’s new $1.5 billion patient tower escapes the shutdown | Inquirer.com
The Wolf administration on Friday relaxed its total ban on statewide construction projects, issued Thursday, to grant an exception for health-care facilities, including Penn’s ongoing work to complete the 17-story, 500-bed patient pavilion. The Philadelphia Building and Construction Trades Council, which represents union workers, pressed the state to allow the Penn project to proceed, arguing that its completion was critical to public health

The labor organization agreed to put in place a set of strict procedures to screen the 700 union members employed on the site and to spread out the work to three shifts to reduce the density of people at any one time. Workers will not be allowed to enter the job site if they have recently taken a cruise, traveled to countries affected by the COVID-19 virus, been designated persons of “potential risk,” or show signs of a fever.

[snip]

Old Posted Mar 23, 2020, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^The Governor's actions, while probably necessary, were done precipitously and without broad consultation. After rapid pushback, his office has already updated the list of businesses and now medical facility construction (along with building maintenance/repairs) are permitted to continue. Alas, liquor stores received a reprieve of less than 24 hours and are now on the closure list again.
I'm fine with this. Shut it all down to begin with, then prove why you deserve to stay open.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 5:10 PM

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ients/2336441/

They are. I also saw somewhere that all city construction will continue, with as little workers as possible. They are dangerous if left unattended on short notice so the Mayor got permission from the Governor to finish all construction in the city, giving medical top priority, and that they attempt to finish asap.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 2:03 AM

Has anyone heard Philly is converting the hotels around Reading Terminal into a quarantine hotel?

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
Has anyone heard Philly is converting the hotels around Reading Terminal into a quarantine hotel?
I heard Holiday Inn @ 13th and Walnut for the homeless.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development