HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 4:19 PM
Me?!?

11 story building with 503 apartments proposed for Plymouth Meeting Mall
https://morethanthecurve.com/11-stor...-meeting-mall/

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 4:38 PM

^^Love it! I love the increase in density and development between King of Prussia, Conshohocken, Plymouth Meeting, Norristown and Bridgeport.

This whole area really acts as one city.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
^^Love it! I love the increase in density and development between King of Prussia, Conshohocken, Plymouth Meeting, Norristown and Bridgeport.

This whole area really acts as one city.
Unforetunetly the article isn't so encouraging. It is basically a call to arms to oppose the proposal. They also note that PREIT is in financial trouble due to COvid etc. Not a surprise there I guess.
That they are trying to raise money buy selling land at their malls to residential developers may be positive for the region.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Unforetunetly the article isn't so encouraging. It is basically a call to arms to oppose the proposal. They also note that PREIT is in financial trouble due to COvid etc. Not a surprise there I guess.
That they are trying to raise money buy selling land at their malls to residential developers may be positive for the region.
Good point. PREIT owns some land on Market Street in Philly too. Hopefully they're selling all of this land to real developers.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 3:33 PM
Me?!?

This has been empty since 2017 and I was wondering what was going to happen to it but then once I saw the demo fence go up recently I knew of course. A shame, was a nice building and would have made a good spot for someone. I wonder what will go up next, if anything? The BOA branch across the lot from this sat empty for a while but is a dispensary now.

And fun fact: my neighbor robbed that BOA branch and put a bullet in the teller window, SWAT had to surround his house and coax him out. Soon after they closed it so I am sure they had decided at that point that enough was enough.

Former Dawson’s restaurant building in Plymouth Meeting being demolished
https://morethanthecurve.com/former-...ng-demolished/

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 4:47 PM

Behind a pay wall, but some nice images of the project

As $200M Promenade at Upper Dublin makes its debut, BET Investments looks for next project

Read more here behind paywall:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...er-dublin.html

Old Posted Oct 16, 2020, 1:57 PM
Me?!?

Amazon warehouse likely for Ridge Pike in Conshohocken
https://morethanthecurve.com/amazon-...-conshohocken/

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 6:10 PM

Wilmington - Incyte Pharma

Just wanted to report that Incyte Pharma in Wilmington, recently purchased 20 acres from the Wilmington Friends School (for $50 mil! nice going for the Quakers) located right behind its now 3 building complex on Augustine Cut-off. Incyte is planning to add a 400,000 sq ft office building on this land (there is a public meeting on Oct. 26). I am amazed by this company's growth over the last few years (building #3 a 6-story laboratory doesn't even have the cladding on yet and building #4 is already ready to begin).

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 1:42 PM

Developer Trammell Crow plans 280-unit apartment project beside Conshohocken rail station

Quote:
A subsidiary of developer Trammell Crow Co. has acquired a six-acre waterfront tract beside SEPTA’s Conshohocken Regional Rail station with plans for a 230-unit apartment building at the site.

High Street Residential, the Trammell Crow unit that builds apartment and condominium projects, plans to complete the five-story building at 101 Washington St., to be known as Matson Mill, by the end of June 2022, the developer said in a release on Wednesday.
Read more here:
https://www.inquirer.com/business/co...-20201022.html

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 1:45 PM

New $160M pulp plant in Bucks County to bring 110 jobs

Quote:
The project is proposed on the site was originally a manufacturing plant for U.S. Steel. Located in Fairless Hills/Morrisville/Bristol/Levittown area.
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...-in-bucks.html

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 1:48 PM

First Amazon, now another 1.75-million-square-foot industrial complex is eyed for sleepy South Jersey county

Quote:
A developer is in the midst of securing approvals to redevelop the site of a former coal-fired power plant at the foot of the Delaware Memorial Bridge. The rural South Jersey county has been gaining more attention as demand for industrial spaces pushes tenants and investors farther down the Turnpike, including from the biggest name in the e-commerce business. Located in the Pennsville/Carneys Point/Penns Grove area, just across the bridge from Wilmington and surrounds.
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...azon-site.html

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 2:22 PM

Amazon’s growth, tangible growth by way of gigantic warehouses is beginning to gross me out. The Newport, DE logistics center, now this one, and they announced another one .. what in Bucks County? How about paying some taxes Amazon?! I know we all love Amazon, but damn. These centers don’t even create decent paying jobs.

Btw, Delaware gave Amazon $4.5 million in corporate welfare for that new fulfillment center.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 7:40 PM
Chris

[QUOTE=summersm343;9081661]Developer Trammell Crow plans 280-unit apartment project beside Conshohocken rail station

Great looking project. Glad to see the building boom continue in Conshohocken.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 7:58 PM

If SEPTA was even able to get 30 minute off peak service on the Norristown line, that area could really boom! The density that is continuing to grow in Norristown, Conshohocken, and Manayunk can definitely support it.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
If SEPTA was even able to get 30 minute off peak service on the Norristown line, that area could really boom! The density that is continuing to grow in Norristown, Conshohocken, and Manayunk can definitely support it.
Its a wish list but I wish it would connect to the KOP mall and Business district as well before rejoining the line to Phoenixville. I think that would be the second busiest Regional Rail in the system if built.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 4:02 PM

Promenade At Upper Dublin Opens For Occupancy At 1100 Market Street In Dresher, PA

Rendering:

Rendering:

Site plan:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2020/10/prom...resher-pa.html

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 5:27 PM

Mixed-Use Residential Building Proposed For Suburban Square At 49 St. George’s Road In Ardmore, PA

Quote:
A five-story mixed-use residential and retail structure is proposed at 49 St. George’s Road in Ardmore, PA. The building will add 150 residences and 10,000 to 15,000 square feet of retail space to Suburban Square, completing the shopping mall’s multi-phase transformation into a mixed-use “lifestyle center.” Developer Kimco Realty Trust expects a groundbreaking late next year or at the start of 2022.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2020/10/mixe...rdmore-pa.html

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 5:44 PM

Tower at STAR - Newark, Delaware

For those of you who have never seen the new, completed, 10-story office building, STAR Tower in Newark, Delaware. Photos here:
https://www.bernardon.com/project/to...x=buildingtype

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 5:47 PM

FinTech Building at STAR - Newark, Delaware

6-story office, lab building. I believe this is under construction now. Renderings here:
https://www.bernardon.com/project/fi...x=buildingtype

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 5:54 PM

Avenue North - Wilmington, Delaware

Renderings of the redevelopment of the AstraZeneca land? Looks awesome! When's it happening? Link here:
https://www.bernardon.com/project/av...x=buildingtype

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations