HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Apr 30, 2010, 2:48 PM

I have 4 nights booked in Sun Valley through Memorial Day weekend and plan on heading up to the Sawtooth area to visit some of these lakes. What is the deal with the Land of the Yankee Fork? Is it a tourist trap? Is it easy to drive or hike to the headwaters of the Salmon River?

Old Posted May 9, 2010, 2:22 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttop View Post
I have 4 nights booked in Sun Valley through Memorial Day weekend and plan on heading up to the Sawtooth area to visit some of these lakes. What is the deal with the Land of the Yankee Fork? Is it a tourist trap? Is it easy to drive or hike to the headwaters of the Salmon River?

Yes, at the bottom of the north side of Galena Summit there is a forest road that you can drive up and then park and hike to the headwaters area. It isn't very far from Sun Valley.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Jun 17, 2014, 10:21 PM

Sawtooth, I found this thread while searching online for lakeside camping at Payette Lake Idaho has some amazing lakes! Great work, I hope we get to see more of Idaho's beauty through your eyes!

Old Posted Jul 21, 2014, 4:49 PM
Editor

Idaho has some amazing areas. I've spent lots of time in Idaho over the years, especially in my childhood. We used to go to Twin Echoes resort on the twin lakes, and also Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography