HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 10:08 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | Rose Hill (30-36 East 29th St) | 639 FT | 46 FLOORS

Rockefeller Group to buy NoMad development site

Quote:
Rockefeller Group, the city landlord perhaps best known for the large office towers it owns along Sixth Avenue, is in contract to acquire three adjacent buildings on East 29th Street that it plans to demolish to make way for a 170,000-square-foot condo project.

The firm is buying three buildings between Park Avenue South and Madison Avenue—30–32 E. 29th St., 34 E. 29th St. and 36 E. 29th St.—plus development rights from neighboring properties, to build a condo tower with 100 or more luxury units.

The buildings were owned by a collection of investors who may have been banking that a buyer like Rockefeller Group would combine the sites into a bigger development. According to city property records, Extell Development owns 30–32 E. 29th St., W Brothers owns 34 E. 29th St. and Michael Aryeh owns 36 E. 29th St.

It wasn't immediately clear what Rockefeller is paying for the sites and the additional development rights. Brokerage firm Eastern Consolidated had been marketing 30–32 E. 29th St. for Extell with an asking price of $74 million.

"We are under contract to purchase multiple parcels and surrounding air rights in the vicinity of Madison Square Park, which would create a large assemblage in what we consider a very desirable neighborhood," a spokesman for Rockefeller said in a statement. "As a company policy, we don't disclose details on potential acquisitions, but we are actively evaluating residential- and office-development opportunities throughout New York City."
=======================
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ar-park-avenue

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 10:52 PM

The 777 foot 45 East 22nd has about 370,000 sf of space for reference, but is on a much more narrow lot.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 7:28 PM

Hopefully they can acquire some additional air rights and get some serious height in this location.

It will need to be at least 600-700 ft. to have any skyline presence.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 11:05 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Hopefully they can acquire some additional air rights and get some serious height in this location.

It will need to be at least 600-700 ft. to have any skyline presence.
That's what I'm thinking as well. Given that its condos, even at a 100 units or "more" per the news, can yield something decent. 600-700 ft sounds about right if they can acquire some more rights. Keep high ceiling heights which is the norm for condos these days. Depending on the design, 170K sq ft can in theory yield a 600 footer. Although they should aim higher, and I'd say 150 units at least.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 7:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Rockefeller and Mitsubishi file plans for 46-story NoMad tower

Quote:
Two subsidiaries of the Mitsubishi Estate Company plan to build a 100-unit-plus condominium building in NoMad.

Rockefeller Group and Mitsubishi Estate New York filed plans on Thursday for a 46-story, 123-unit condo building at 30 East 29th Street. The project will span roughly 170,000 square feet and rise nearly 600 feet tall, according to documents filed with the city’s Department of Buildings. CetraRuddy is listed as the project’s architect of record.

Representatives for Rockefeller couldn’t immediately provide comment.

Rockefeller purchased five parcels on East 29th Street and additional development rights for $98.7 million in 2017. The sellers included Extell Development, the W Brothers and the 29th Street Partners LLC. At the time, the developer announced plans for a condo projected.
=======================
https://therealdeal.com/2018/02/01/r...y-nomad-tower/

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 7:35 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Title should be changed:

NEW YORK | 30 East 29th Street | 599 FT | 46 FLOORS

Quote:
Premises: 30 EAST 29 STREET MANHATTAN Job No: 121204552
BIN: 1016918 Block: 858 Lot: 54 Document: 01 OF 1

13 Building Characteristics

Primary structural system: Masonry Concrete (CIP) Concrete (Precast) Wood
Steel (Structural) Steel (Cold-Formed) Steel (Encased in Concrete)

Proposed
Structural Occupancy Category: II - OTHER THAN I, III OR IV
Seismic Design Category: CATEGORY A
2014/2008 Code Designations?
Occupancy Classification: R-2 - RESIDENTIAL: APARTMENT HOUSES Yes No
Construction Classification: I-A: 3 HOUR PROTECTED - NON-COMBUST Yes No
Multiple Dwelling Classification: HAEA
Building Height (ft.): 599
Building Stories: 46
Dwelling Units: 123

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 4:43 PM

YIMBY just posted renderings, "only" 639 footer, but looks great :

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 4:55 PM

^Absolutely gorgeous tower. The other shots YIMBY posted of close up details of the façade make this tower a 9/10 imo

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 5:39 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 6:24 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

It'll be almost catty-corner from Sky House and two blocks down from the NY Life tower.

I'd say that's prominent.

Congrats to CR once more for a unique design. It somehow looks like what TVerre/53W53 might have looked like if it were built in a more architecturally "conservative" time....or if the location were anywhere other than MOMA and thus not needing the look of an appropriately sculpted "landmark" tower.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 6:56 PM

I like it.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 8:36 PM
New Yorker for life

I like a return to crowns...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 8:59 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Just as an aside, 200 Amsterdam @right has CetraRuddy doing the interiors, when I thought, with its immediate first-glance similarity to this one, that the opposite would be true...

Research pays off, grasshoppers.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 9:10 PM

Again, it makes one wonder why that developer chose Elkus Manfredi instead of just using Cetra Ruddy for the whole project. I'm sure that Cetra Ruddy would have come up with a much better design.

Also, it's kind of fitting that Cetra Ruddy is doing these projects since they lost that prime Steinway tower project to an Art-Deco style tower. Maybe they read the writing on the wall.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 9:37 PM

This is sexy AF.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 10:01 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
Also, it's kind of fitting that Cetra Ruddy is doing these projects since they lost that prime Steinway tower project to an Art-Deco style tower. Maybe they read the writing on the wall.
There's always this old thing...

https://www.archdaily.com/881133/art...ower-manhattan

Art Deco Inspired 45 Broad Street by CetraRuddy to Become Tallest Residential Tower in Lower Manhattan

Old Posted Feb 8, 2018, 11:40 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Since the base image appears to have been subjected to a modest degree of embellishment (whatever it's called), I'm going to invoke the spirit of the late great Benny Hill and ass-u-me that the crown's angle won't end up as pronounced as how I'm seeing it.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:09 AM
Show me the blueprints

My only complaint is that the base would look even better if it was about twice as tall. I suppose the short base is an affect of the rigid building envelope diagonal in the NYC building code...

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 12:39 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

@Busy Bee:

Point of clarification in my part:

I assume you're talking base vis a vis the tower in this thread.

My "base" reference was, as you can therefore prolly infer, re the image used to superimpose 45 Broad on.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 1:39 AM
Show me the blueprints

Correct, I'm referring to the streetwall base of this tower. It is stumpy and would look better about twice as tall, but I'm assuming the sky plane guidelines forced it to be so short?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive