HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 6:00 AM

It also seems like a waste in my car. Motorcycle I’d ride for the hell of it. My inlaws live on Hermitage Rd so I’ve been on that interchange several times. Again if I were on my motorcycle, I’d do every movement possible.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 6:47 AM

How can we forget this haha......

download by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 9, 2018, 10:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
The 100k Henday carries near West Ed is impressive. Not sure why it decreased in 2017, though.
I'd guess it's just a drop in traffic to WEM itself. The oil crash tightening up a lot of peoples spending.. WEM dropped off the top 30 list of profitable malls last year

https://www.retailcouncil.org/sites/...CS_3_FINAL.pdf

the SW remains brutal though.. has there been any update on lane expansion timelines there?

and somewhat related.. is there a detailed source of Alberta highways accident stats? curious how AHD compares to other Edmonton area roads..

Old Posted Jul 4, 2019, 4:12 PM

CLOSING DATE: Jul 3rd, 2019 02:01:00 PM Alberta Time
Issuer: Alberta Transportation
TND0019618 Grade Widening, Granular Base Course, Asphalt Concrete Pavement, Cold Milling, PCC Pavement, Illumination, Bridge Deck Upgrading and Other Work

Grade Widening, Granular Base Course, Asphalt Concrete Pavement, Cold Milling, PCC Pavement, Illumination, Bridge Deck Upgrading and Other Work
216:06, Gateway Boulevard to North of Whitemud Drive
B.F. 85008-S, Provincial Highway 216 (Anthony Henday Drive) over Whitemud Drive at Edmonton
B.F. 85008-N, Provincial Highway 216 (Anthony Henday Drive) over Whitemud Drive at Edmonton
B.F. 85012-S, Wedgewood Creek Bridge on Highway 216, (Anthony Henday Drive)

**UNOFFICIAL RESULTS**
Carmacks Enterprises $104,518,287.65
PCL Construction Management Inc. $109,981,661.56
ALBERCO CONSTRUCTION LTD. $118,528,812.23

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 3:35 AM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Klozov View Post
TND0019618 Grade Widening, Granular Base Course, Asphalt Concrete Pavement, Cold Milling, PCC Pavement, Illumination, Bridge Deck Upgrading and Other Work

Grade Widening, Granular Base Course, Asphalt Concrete Pavement, Cold Milling, PCC Pavement, Illumination, Bridge Deck Upgrading and Other Work
B.F. 85008-S, Provincial Highway 216 (Anthony Henday Drive) over Whitemud Drive at Edmonton
B.F. 85008-N, Provincial Highway 216 (Anthony Henday Drive) over Whitemud Drive at Edmonton

**UNOFFICIAL RESULTS**
Good to see the southwest Henday improvements moving forward. Looking like the new lanes won't be concrete like the original southwest section?

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 3:47 PM

Lafarge had staff looking at the Wedgwood ravine bridge this morning.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 5:59 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Klozov View Post

**UNOFFICIAL RESULTS**
Imagine how much could have been saved if they'd done it properly the first time!

Still great news. That section of the Henday is ridiculous during rush hour.

Personally I am still so glad the north Henday got done. From Capilano it spares us having to deal with the Yellowhead when heading west. I bet it saves a good 20 minutes vs. driving through the city.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
Imagine how much could have been saved if they'd done it properly the first time!

Personally I am still so glad the north Henday got done. From Capilano it spares us having to deal with the Yellowhead when heading west. I bet it saves a good 20 minutes vs. driving through the city.
The section between FT Rd and Campbell road needs another lane. the section from Yellowhead to Whitemud needs not only another couple of lanes but a proper collector lane or just people that know how to merge.

I remember quite a few people saying it was under sized when they built it.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2019, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post

I just hope this helps alleviate some of the stress just before 111 St with everything merging into one. The AB Major Projects website says it only goes up to 111st, so I'm unsure how much of the actual choke point will be touched.

https://majorprojects.alberta.ca/det...-Widening/3682

Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 9:14 PM

Have they actually started the widening to the SW?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 2:54 PM
Change is good

3 Lanes in both directions from Terwillegar to Calgary Trail is really nice. Can't wait till they finish the bridge and the rest of the 3 laneing in the west.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 3:37 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
3 Lanes in both directions from Terwillegar to Calgary Trail is really nice. Can't wait till they finish the bridge and the rest of the 3 laneing in the west.
Agreed, but it is something they should've built initially when the SW Henday was first planned. I guess the Province didn't anticipate the traffic levels to increase as much as they did.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 3:48 PM
Change is good

I dont agree that it should've been done for the 2004 opening, however, the province neglected to upgrade when traffic levels called for it. Henday was developed to be built out in stages as traffic levels warranted, but those levels occurred almost a decade ago now.

How long till the west section needs to expanded again wont be long (whitemud to yellowhead)

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 4:02 PM

They should just pave over top of the cement section, it is embarrassingly bumpy travelling down that stretch. Toronto's cement highways are smooth in comparison.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 5:31 PM
Change is good

They have in large parts done that (paved over with asphalt, or replaced completely), and in other parts, a lot of work has gone into smoothing the rough concrete.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
They have in large parts done that (paved over with asphalt, or replaced completely), and in other parts, a lot of work has gone into smoothing the rough concrete.
As someone who lives near the Henday, the asphalt overlay is much appreciated from a noise perspective. Tire whine from the concrete has been eliminated.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 2:38 AM
Community Guy

If it helps me get from Hwy 2 to the Currents food sanctuary 5 minutes faster, bring it on!

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 9, 2022, 4:00 PM
Community Guy

Construction work on the $100 million project to widen Anthony Henday Drive in southwest Edmonton from four lanes to six is taking longer than expected and will continue into 2023. “Several factors, including weather delays, labour shortages and supply chain issues, have contributed to the delay in completing the project this year,” said Mike Long, an Alberta Transportation spokesperson.
-Taproot

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton