HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 2:23 AM

USA BMX Headquarters - Yesterday was the groundbreaking for USA BMX's national headquarters, which will include a Hall of Fame and a premier 2,000 seat racing facility where Olympic athletes will train. This will be located on the Evans Fintube site just northeast of downtown in the Historic Greenwood District.

Plaza

Concourse

Concourse with track

Overall site

Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame

Pics courtesy of USA BMX.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 8:52 PM

Parkside Psychiatric Hospital - This is there new building located adjacent to Hillcrest Hospital near 11th and Utica. Not sure if it is open just yet, but should be pretty soon. They are still working on the landscaping. I took these pictures a couple of days ago.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 2:05 AM
クラブトクヨ

Nice updates, looking good!

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 11:22 PM

Here's a nice sunset picture I took Friday night.

And here's a blurry picture of the progress being made on the Davenport Lofts project.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 8:53 PM
Chairman

Beautiful sunset ruined by a highrise with exposed parking levels. That building needs some pants.

-sb

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Beautiful sunset ruined by a highrise with exposed parking levels. That building needs some pants.
Haha, so true!

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Office-retail development planned near Utica Square

A new mixed-use building with retail and office space is scheduled to rise soon across from Utica Square.

BAM Properties, a veteran developer in areas around the upscale shopping center, is behind a three-story, roughly 22,000-square-foot project at 2005 E. 21st St., site of the recently closed Goldie's Patio Grill.

Demolition and construction will begin this spring with completion set for the first quarter of 2019, said John and Chris Bumgarner, the father and son who head Bumgarner Asset Management."
https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...f8cc9167b.html

This development got started last year and I am guessing has taken longer than expected, as the news article states completion in the first quarter of 2019. Maybe they meant 2020? Anyway, they are nearly finished now. Here are some pics of the progress thus far.

Progress as of this morning.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 2:10 AM

Took some pictures this morning of the South Yale medical corridor.

Looking southeast.

Looking south.

Looking southwest. The tall buildings way in the distance are the CityPlex Towers.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2019, 10:24 PM
クラブトクヨ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Enthusiast View Post
https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...f8cc9167b.html

This development got started last year and I am guessing has taken longer than expected, as the news article states completion in the first quarter of 2019. Maybe they meant 2020? Anyway, they are nearly finished now. Here are some pics of the progress thus far.

Progress as of this morning.

Nice looking infill, wonder what retail it will have?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 12:17 AM

Last month Tulsa Transit launched Aero, a bus rapid transit route that runs north and south along Peoria Avenue with a detour into downtown to the main bus station (Denver Avenue Station). I think the stops look great, but to me form took greater precedence than function. They'll keep the rain from hitting you from above, but if the wind is blowing they don't offer much protection.

And here's the bus itself. I still haven't ridden it, so can't say anything about the interior, but I really like the sleek exterior.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 9:42 AM

Just thought I'd throw this out there, as I come across the occasional construction pic for Tulsa
(some of the firms doing work in OKC also have project(s) in Tulsa).

Here's some recent views of the renovation taking place on the 10-story Reunion Center building:

https://picpanzee.com/media/21961631...975_4944317979

Apparently, this will be converted to apartments with a rooftop pool.
Views from the rooftop will be awesome, for sure.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 8:43 PM

^ Nice find! I haven't seen any pics of the work being done so far on the inside.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2019, 4:11 PM

Cool aerial shots of The Gathering Place, courtesy of Steve Johnson:

12-23-2019

https://twitter.com/stevejkfor/statu...89589665480704

The river is looking very shallow, which is surprising.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 9:37 PM

Here are some updates to some projects under development in the downtown/midtown area.

Davenport Lofts New condo tower going up in the Arts District. This is the rendering.

Progress so far. I believe there are three more floors to go.

WPX Headquarters Not much to show on this just yet. Here's what it supposed to look like.

Here's the progress so far. Basically, just a hole in the ground.

The View New apartment building going in across from ONEOK field. Here's the rendering.

Progress so far. Again, not really anything to show. Just some equipment and earth work.

111 Greenwood Mixed use development going up downtown. Here's what it will eventually look like.

And progress so far.

The Goat Bar and Kitchen According to their website, the Goat will be a "Modern Restobar featuring Mediterranean/European dishes, craft cocktails, and live music with chic lounge vibes." This is occupying a recently renovated building in the East Village. I took this picture of the building back in September.

Took this picture of the back side of the building the other day.

West Park Apartments (Phase II)
And lastly, some pics of the new residential development going up at 6th and Lewis, near TU. Here's the rendering.

Progress so far. Looks to be getting fairly close to completion.

Last edited by Urban Enthusiast; Jan 2, 2020 at 10:02 PM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 11:16 PM

Thank you for posting these updates! Great stuff. I need to get up there and check out that park.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 3:30 AM
Beer Stampede

Nice projects!!

Old Posted Jan 23, 2020, 4:18 AM

Is the full Santa Fe Square project moving ahead?

Also there is a larger proposal somewhere around DTTulsa to redevelop land I assume akin to the Wheeler District in OKC. Has that progressed?

In other transportation news I didn't see on here a new freeway loop segment is underway. It is a tolled facility and will be an extension of the Gilcrease Turnpike.

https://www.drivingforwardok.com/gilcrease-expressway

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutonicpanda View Post
Is the full Santa Fe Square project moving ahead?

Also there is a larger proposal somewhere around DTTulsa to redevelop land I assume akin to the Wheeler District in OKC. Has that progressed?

In other transportation news I didn't see on here a new freeway loop segment is underway. It is a tolled facility and will be an extension of the Gilcrease Turnpike.
Santa Fe Square is still a go as far as I know. No word yet on when they will start the next phase, which is an office building located next to the Hotel Indigo at the corner of 2nd and Elgin. Following that is supposed to be residential and a parking structure. From what I understand anyway.

The large development that you are referring to is the Kirkpatrick Heights Addition/Greenwood Site Master Plan. It is 56 acres of land immediately north of downtown that is owned by the Tulsa Development Authority. The City put out an RFP for a site master plan for the land last year and just received submittals from 15 firms. They are in the process of reviewing and will likely select one sometime this year. At that point, they will allow developers to come in and develop a piece of it that suits their particular interest or strength. At least that is what I gathered from this video from a local TV station about it.

There is also a project called the Annex, which seems to still be alive. It is a proposed grocery store, hotel and apartment tower to be located on a full city block that is currently a parking lot which sits catty corner from City Hall and across the street from the performing arts center. The PAC is actually the owner of the lot and they are the ones who put out the RFP and selected Flaherty & Collins out of Indianapolis.

Here's the rendering

So, yes there was a ground breaking for the new Gilcrease Turnpike back in the Fall. I am not sure if construction has started just yet, but the Turnpike Authority always works super fast. So, it should not be too long for that segment of road to come online.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 6:53 AM

Good deal! Hopefully Tulsa regains some momentum it seemed to had going for it. Latest population estimates do not paint the brightest picture but the city should be more than thankful for Kaiser.

OKC shows no signs of stopping(though things can easily change) so as long as there is some positive signs of life in the state other places like Tulsa should be able to hang on. Do you see the new mayor an improvement over the last one?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutonicpanda View Post
Good deal! Hopefully Tulsa regains some momentum it seemed to had going for it. Latest population estimates do not paint the brightest picture but the city should be more than thankful for Kaiser.

OKC shows no signs of stopping(though things can easily change) so as long as there is some positive signs of life in the state other places like Tulsa should be able to hang on. Do you see the new mayor an improvement over the last one?
I know the population of Tulsa is quite stagnant, but there is more momentum and optimism in the city now than in the past couple of decades, at least from my perspective. We're not booming, just moving along slow and steady.

Personally, I do like Mayor Bynum more than former Mayor Bartlett. He's young and really motivated. He's also big into using data to inform decisions.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations