HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
Just a plan for now, but I think you're gonna see a few towers around 475 feet.

https://urbanize.la/post/fox-studios...re-development
Oh yeah back in 2016, Century City and the surrounding area were just babies! That proposal might be dead, no rumblings for quite some time.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 1:39 AM

Not necessarily It's a long term plan. I never saw anything that would stop it.

It would likely be used for entertainment companies, and there doesn't seem a slow down for that space.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 11:25 PM

I'm impressed with all the ongoing proposals in LA taking into account talk fo an urban exodus and economic forecasts. It could just be that the amount of wealth in LA's favored quarter is enough to keep that particular area economically viable.

SF has not scene any new highrise proposals that I'm aware of since the pandemic;

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 3:38 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
Not necessarily It's a long term plan. I never saw anything that would stop it.

It would likely be used for entertainment companies, and there doesn't seem a slow down for that space.
I would expect significant changes to the plan as it was drawn up in 2016. The property still remains in the hands of the Murdoch family, and it's primary value is still in real estate, but that plan to add more offices likely won't move forward any time soon given the type of companies they would have targeted at the time have all inked deals around town in pretty high-profile developments. The latest article on this is from 2019.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...319-story.html
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illithid Dude View Post
Speaking of 5411 Wilshire, the developer has put up a website with updated renderings. The project is now called The Mirabelle.

Looks like they've lowered the total amount of parking from 548 spaces to 477, and shrunk the parking podium. Compare these new renderings to the older ones:

The project looks much better as a result. This is gonna be beautiful!

https://5411wilshire.com/
I attended the virtual presentation/public forum and the developer mentioned that he expects that this will be one of the most 4 or 5 expensive buildings in LA. Not sure why that surprised me, but it did.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 5:00 AM

Pico and Figueroa above ground now.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 5:02 AM
Paramoderator

Thank you for the update but in the future remember to post DTLA project updates in the DTLA City Compilation thread.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
I attended the virtual presentation/public forum and the developer mentioned that he expects that this will be one of the most 4 or 5 expensive buildings in LA. Not sure why that surprised me, but it did.
It's quite expensive for the relatively small size of its footprint I guess. So what do you think are the chances of this huge project being approved without major changes such as to the height, overall size, shape etc?

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Pico and Figueroa above ground now.
Love this project, that place will always be packed along with Circa. Prime real estate going vertical adding plenty of density to the chain of towers from DTLA. Another project across the streets needs approval and it's quite a bit taller I believe. I'm also itching for 925 S. Figueroa to get approval, or at least hear something about it, that's one of my favorite designs downtown.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 4:31 PM
DENNAB

Is there a thread for the Pico and Fig. tower? Can't seem to find it, and that's still a 500+ correct?

Quote:
I'm also itching for 925 S. Figueroa to get approval
Yea that'd be awesome. What's the status on 1045 Olive?

There are a lot of cool proposals in LA but they seems to just drop off the face of the planet and never be heard from again.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 10:14 PM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybox View Post
It's quite expensive for the relatively small size of its footprint I guess. So what do you think are the chances of this huge project being approved without major changes such as to the height, overall size, shape etc?
I think he meant in terms of consumer cost, not construction cost.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illithid Dude View Post
I think he meant in terms of consumer cost, not construction cost.
Yes, it was in regards to how much apartments will cost.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 9:32 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Is there a thread for the Pico and Fig. tower? Can't seem to find it, and that's still a 500+ correct?
This isn't the correct thread, but Fig + Pico is a two-tower project (both hotels). The 42-story building will rise 529 feet, the 25-story 326 feet.

EDIT: Created a thread.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=243050

Last edited by Quixote; Jul 4, 2020 at 10:01 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 7:03 PM

4 Highrises planned at the North Hollywood Metro center

https://urbanize.la/post/environment...lywood-station

Old Posted Jul 8, 2020, 10:52 AM

Back out in Century City yesterday

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 1:57 AM

Warner Bros. Second Century Expansion

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 6:52 AM

Quote:

The twins look very close to top out. Pw, is it your impression that they are now a bit taller than the theme triangle towers across the street? If they are indeed 600' as some reports said, they should be (I believe the triangles are 571'). Some of the renderings made them look a bit shorter. The new tallest in CC & outside DTLA? Maybe. The latest 2020 World Almanac didn't even have them on the list of L.A. tall buildings above 500', even though buildings under construction are supposed to be listed. Even the city diagrams link on skyscrapers page doesn't give a height, although it does say 46 floors. Seems like the want to keep the final height a secret. Won't be a secret much longer. At 600' they would be as tall as the famous cylindrical Marina City towers in Chicago, which were one of the early pioneers of a concrete core structure back in the mid 1960s.

Last edited by CaliNative; Jul 13, 2020 at 7:35 AM.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 3:27 PM

CaliNative i honestly don't think so. i was at the Grove parking garage on Saturday and snapped this pic. Still looks a tad shorter than the twins.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 3:44 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ I believe they are sitting about 10 feet lower, elevation, wise. Ave of the Stars is kind of the crest of a hill, and the ground slopes downward when you go east and west of it. I believe the western direction slopes down a bit faster than going east. At least that's my experience working in Century Plaza Towers and walking over to the mall for about 2 years.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 4:11 AM

Quote:
CaliNative i honestly don't think so. i was at the Grove parking garage on Saturday and snapped this pic. Still looks a tad shorter than the twins.
^^^
From that location it appears they are shorter, but maybe that is a perspective thing, since the theme triangles are closer from this viewpoint. Plus as colemonkee says, the hotel towers are at a slightly lower elevation. Maybe they will tie the triangles in height, but I'm still hoping for 600'. Still have a bit before top out. Keep the good pics coming. We ex-LA'ers and pandemic stay at homers rely on them. The pic you took of DTLA with snowy Mt. Baldy was worthy of a postcard

PS everybody wear a mask & be careful. The virus is everywhere but hopefully we are at or near the peak, and things will get better soon as they did in Italy, Spain, NYC etc.

Last edited by CaliNative; Jul 14, 2020 at 4:51 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations