HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 8, 2006, 9:57 PM

very truw, many new high rises in atlanta,miami,and charlotte incorporate entertainment venues into them. If two structures need to be booted outta downtown, it's the rescus mission, too good of land for such a use, the other is the parking garages across from the new Suntrust Plaza, they have zero architectural value and that prking can be put underground or like Viridian

Old Posted Oct 9, 2006, 1:09 AM
low-riding

im curious to see what the space looks like now where that signature tower is proposed, any pics?

Old Posted Oct 9, 2006, 1:25 AM

well someone needs to show me how to upload the photo i have, but anywho, it is at the corner of 5TH and CHURCH, across from Fifth Third Center, it is currently a PREMIERE PARKING parking lot, next door to another church and across 5th from the presbyterian church

confusing but, accurate, i know

Old Posted Oct 9, 2006, 3:39 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by reednavy05
well someone needs to show me how to upload the photo i have, but anywho, it is at the corner of 5TH and CHURCH, across from Fifth Third Center, it is currently a PREMIERE PARKING parking lot, next door to another church and across 5th from the presbyterian church

confusing but, accurate, i know
If you go to the SSP home page and make an account at the SSP gallery you can upload it to there and then just link it up to this thread by putting the URL in between these: .

-Bob Marley

Last edited by BnaBreaker; Oct 11, 2006 at 4:06 AM.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 8:03 PM
fan of all that scrape

Holy magnificent sunbelt city batman!

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 2:36 AM

NEWS FLASH!!!

Velocity in the Gulch has been announced. The same developers that brought us ICON is building a new condominium, if I recall, across the street from ICON, but definetly is in the Gulch. It is a low rise but they have initiated a website. Velocityinthegulch.com no renderings or anything yet, since it was just recently announced, but it is sure to be a stunner

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 2:42 AM

West End Summit picks realtor

The WES has selected Nashville-based Worth Properties to be the exclusive agent to the Summit Condominiums and InterContinental Hotel. The taller tower, the office building, is 25% leased, yet is to break groun in the 1st quarter of 2007, cant wait. Also, WES has signed it's first major restaraunt. Chop's Steakhouse and Lobster Bar is to be one anchor eatery. Chops is owned by ATL-based Buckhead Life Restaraunt Group. They have a location in Buckhead area of ATL and soon to open in Boca Raton,FL, north of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale in Palm Beach County. Lastly, two major financial instituitions and two major corporations are in talk to anchor the rest of the tallest, the office tower. GO VILLE GO

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 2:50 AM

ENCORE updates website

the ENCORE Condominiums have updated their website. it includes views and other well, crap, the views r the main reason i am posting. floorplans are to be added soon

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 11:14 PM
Hankster

Quote:
The WES has selected Nashville-based Worth Properties to be the exclusive agent to the Summit Condominiums and InterContinental Hotel. The taller tower, the office building, is 25% leased, yet is to break groun in the 1st quarter of 2007, cant wait. Also, WES has signed it's first major restaraunt. Chop's Steakhouse and Lobster Bar is to be one anchor eatery. Chops is owned by ATL-based Buckhead Life Restaraunt Group. They have a location in Buckhead area of ATL and soon to open in Boca Raton,FL, north of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale in Palm Beach County. Lastly, two major financial instituitions and two major corporations are in talk to anchor the rest of the tallest, the office tower. GO VILLE GO
After numerous attempts over several years, it's really starting to sound like this project going to get built after all. I feel like it's about 90% probable now. If they land that anchor tenant, it's a cinch to be built. IMO, it's a beautiful project, will have a profound effect on Nashville's midtown, and I can't wait to see this project become a reality!

Last edited by Hankster; Oct 18, 2006 at 11:21 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 6:38 AM
Future God

I agree. It's a very beautiful project. It's so strange...it seems like most of us, myself included, had this project completely written off. It sure did appear for a long time that it was dead. What can I say though? Nashville is raising the dead!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 1:58 AM

speaking of one, they should try Nashville City Center 2 again, 40 story office building, would beat batman

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 3:03 AM

What buildings need to go bye-bye

If one building needs to go more than most, it is Union Planters Bank Building. It is a blank wall basically beside the ARCADE. A 500 foot tall office or condiminum would look very appealing to this site, rather than a blank white box.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 3:25 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

Those are gorgeous buildings.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 4:00 AM

mini-skylines of mid-tn

Nashville is not the only game in middle tennessee when it comes to a skyline. Cool Springs secton of Franklin is it's own little world of mid-rises. With Nissan moving in, no telling what is to come, however, most of tose building lack any real architecture cause they all look the same and are so bulky. Murfreesboro however, is different. My hometown has a actual downtown skyline, anchored by the City Center at 15 stories, and at 15, it is the tallest building between the ville and chattanooga. The cities Gateway District, taking from cool springs and vinings,ga , it will be interesting to see what happens. Yet, we must not forget about lil ole Ashland City.with less than 10000 residents, it is making it into the scene with the twin,10 story Braxton Condominiums on the riverfront in downtown A.C. Who's next?, Hendersonville, Gallatin, Lebanon, or just maybe Spring Hill?, only time will tell

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 4:03 AM
Hankster

Quote:
speaking of one, they should try Nashville City Center 2 again, 40 story office building, would beat batman
The City Center developer still says he would like to develop City Center 2, but then says the office market in downtown can't support the project. With the 13 story Sun Trust U/C, the 28 story Bass Berry Sims Tower a likelihood, and with up to 200,000 sq ft of office space likely in the Sounds project, I think he may have missed a golden opportunity. Nashville has become a prime city for corporate relocation, and the downtown office market is poised to grow.

Last edited by Hankster; Oct 25, 2006 at 12:11 AM.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 4:11 AM

Everything seems to be falling into place for Nashville to move up to a 2nd tier office market, and hotel city, yet with Signature Tower ready to go up, weve already been pushed to the first tier, maybe the bottom of it, yet none the less. Within 10 years, the airport is to add a 5th runway as well. Even with ATL adding more, they have basically run outta room, cause none is going to leave to expand that overcrowded airport, so the overflow will fall right into nashvilles hands. The boro is bound for excellence, to beat franklin into the ground, hell weve already started diggin the hole, bye bye franklin

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 4:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster
The City Center developer still says he would like to develop City Center 2, but I then says the office market in downtown can't support the project. With the 13 story Sun Trust U/C, the 28 story Bass Berry Sims Tower a likelihood, and with up to 200,000 sq ft of office space likely in the Sounds project, I think he may have missed a golden opportunity. Nashville has become a prime city for corporate relocation, and the downtown office market is poised to grow.
Yes, I think it's probably easier for him to say, "The market can't support the project", than to say, "I screwed up".

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 4:38 AM

hey should still try, and atleast try and break even with part hotel and the upper floors as condos, it would be a good investment,seeing how downtowns market is going

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 5:28 AM

It would be great to see the downtown Nashville skyline with a few more new office towers. Anyone know the likelihood of another Nashville-area corporation that will likely have a growing need for office space like BBS? HCA possibly? It seems to me like downtown Nashville will become a more attractive option for businesses seeking office space as the amenities increase.

Last edited by ariesjow; Oct 22, 2006 at 6:08 AM.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2006, 5:32 AM

its seems that i have stumbled upon a major major rumor. LP(Louisiana-Pacific) is possibly planning a major downtown office tower, hell they did in portland,or and moved just 3 years later. Also a major hotel, un paralled in nashville is possibly looking to expand, its name, the one and only, Ritz-Carlton

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations