HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 4:00 PM

805 Lea Street, in the SoBro/Gulch interface, is now on the 14th floor. Total floor count is to be 29 with a height around 300ft.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 4:05 PM

The Joseph Hotel is to open in August on the northeast corner of a full city block home to 3 other buildings that are all hotels amongst a total of 5 brands. It is most certainly the different and more striking structure in the immediate area after the Music City Center a block to the northwest.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 4:10 PM

While not a skyscraper or highly visible, Three Thirty Three 11th Ave S is one of the more handsome buildings put up recently and is a fantastic juxtaposition amongst the steel & glass in The Gulch. The currently U/C W Nashville is right behind it on 12th Ave S. Recently landing a lease from Lululemon, the building is set to open to occupants later this summer.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 8:14 PM

The 25-story Avalon by Vastland Development Co. will have groundbreaking in mid-2021. Zoning has been approved. It will rise at the southeastern corner of Hayes Street on a block adjacent to the massive $500 million Broadwest development and 18th Avenue S., replacing a single-story strip club and parking lot. This continues the trend of high rises going up a block (or more) away from West End and Broadway. With Broadwest, Avalon, Skyhouse, 19th and Broad, and 1601 Broadway, there will be a total of 6 towers of 25+ floors in a three square block area, between West End/Broadway and 16th to 19th. Longer range 5-10 year plans will include the 7-tower Reed property on the immediate block east of Broadwest. There will be a total of 13 towers in four blocks! Plus, there are five additional buildings of 15-19 floors in the same area.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...-midtown-tower

Last edited by Texcitement; Jul 2, 2020 at 1:30 AM.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2020, 1:08 AM
Nashville born and raised

Looking east on West End in Nashville's Midtown.

There will be four other 25+ story buildings in this neighborhood soon including the above mentioned Avalon. And the 'Broadwest' Conrad Hotel and Residences, under construction in the middle of my picture in front of the topped out 22 story office building, will rise to 35 stories. The rising building on the left of the picture, is the 25 story, 2601 residential tower. This is a mile from the heart of downtown.

Looking west away from downtown.

Midtown is booming!!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Looking east on West End in Nashville's Midtown.

There will be four other 25+ story buildings in this neighborhood soon including the above mentioned Avalon. And the 'Broadwest' Conrad Hotel and Residences, under construction in the middle of my picture in front of the topped out 22 story office building, will rise to 35 stories. The rising building on the left of the picture, is the 25 story, 2601 residential tower. This is a mile from the heart of downtown.

Looking west away from downtown.

Midtown is booming!!

A co-worker of mine drove from Silver Spring, MD (just outside of DC) to Dallas last year. He said he was going to stop in Nashville, spend the night and start the second leg of his trip the next morning. But, he felt like he had enough energy to keep going so he passed through Nashville instead. He thought he was going to make it to Memphis, but tired out before that. He said on his way back he decided to stay and spent a night in Nashville. He said he stayed at the Courtyard on West End. What he was shocked by was how when he passed through Nashville, you really don't get a feel for the size of mid-town. Which is true because of the how low the interstate sits as you drive between downtown and mid-town. So, when he got off at Broadway to go to the Courtyard, he was stunned to see the amount of development in the area. The last time he went to Nashville was over 20 years ago. Anyway, that's why I've always wanted to see more development along I-40 between Charlotte Pike and the I-65 split. Thankfully that is happening now.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 8:33 PM

Reading a Mark Hollin post over at UP. He said the 4 Seasons was ' Up to 9th floor on south end, 7th floor on north end.' What does that mean? Which end is the floor count based off of?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 11:54 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Reading a Mark Hollin post over at UP. He said the 4 Seasons was ' Up to 9th floor on south end, 7th floor on north end.' What does that mean? Which end is the floor count based off of?
It just means that on the south side of the building they've constructed up to the 9th floor and on the north side they've constructed up to the 7th floor.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 12:25 AM

Thank You! I laughed at myself, with your answer. That makes complete sense!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 7:31 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville View Post
Thank You! I laughed at myself, with your answer. That makes complete sense!
Haha no worries!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 6:32 PM

It's been slow on the buildings announcement front in Nashville, but the Endeavor developers (thank you, Austin) revealed that they are asking to add additional height to the hotel and change it's purpose to be apartments in their Gulch Union project in the Gulch.

The office building part of the development is topped out and nearing completion..a picture from a couple of months ago.

Another 28 story building proposed for the skyline. This sounds serious now since they are seeking approvals for the change.

And no, this is not a picture of a street light being photobombed by a skyscraper.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 12:45 PM

I’ve lost count and cannot track how many highrises that are either built or actually under construction in Nashville right now. Can anyone compile a list of every 300+ foot building that has been built or under construction in the past three years or so?

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
I’ve lost count and cannot track how many highrises that are either built or actually under construction in Nashville right now. Can anyone compile a list of every 300+ foot building that has been built or under construction in the past three years or so?
So Wikipedia lists 20 buildings over 300' either completed since 2017 or under construction for a total of 32 buildings over 300'.

Not sure how complete this list is or if these are all 300' and taller. A quick stab.
505 Church but not sure if that was earlier than 3 years ago
5th and Broad residential
5th and Broad office
222 Office
Grand Hyatt (unfinished)
1200 Broadway
2020 West End (maybe just under 300' and unfinished)
Vandy College A dorm tower (maybe just under 300' and unfinished)
Amazon 1 (unfinished)
Amazon 2 (just started)
Endeavor Gulch Union office (maybe just under 300' and unfinished)
Embassy Suites (unfinished)
801 Lea (unfinished)
Four Seasons (unfinished)
Bridgestone (not sure if last 3 years)
Skyhouse (not sure if it's over 300')
Sobro (maybe before 3 years ago)

Then a lot between 200' and 300'
Joseph
Marriott
Drury
One
Cambria
HCA
Kenect
The Morris
Vandy Childrens Hospital
Centric (unfinished)
MGM Grand (just starting)
Asurion (unfinished)

Then a few 100'-200' right off the top of my head
Graduate
Virgin
Lifeway
Hyatt House midtown
Holiday Inn
Vandy Engineering (maybe before 3 years ago)
Belmont Tall Hall
Parke West at Murphy Road (just starting)
Hilton sobro

Last edited by Texcitement; Jul 26, 2020 at 2:50 PM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 9:50 PM

Great list, Tex. Last year I put together a list of all buildings over 200' at the time.

We can add buildings under construction that will rise above the 200'level by year's end to include ;
  • 4 Seasons Residences (40)
  • Embassy Suites (30)
  • Hyatt Centric (20)
  • Hilton Conrad (35)
  • 803 Lea (29)
  • Amazon Phase 1 (22)
  • Amazon Phase 2 (24)
  • ONE22ONE (25)
  • 19th & Broadway (26)
  • 2006 West End (25)

That will make 61 (SIXTY ONE!!!!!!) towers over 200'.

Then there's these;

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 7:51 PM

I just randomly checked out this thread, and I was blown away at all of the large development going on in Nashville. This seems unprecedented in Nashville's history. This is more than what is happening in Atlanta. What is fueling all of this?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
I just randomly checked out this thread, and I was blown away at all of the large development going on in Nashville. This seems unprecedented in Nashville's history. This is more than what is happening in Atlanta. What is fueling all of this?
What's fueling all of this?

Nashville........................is box office.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Great list, Tex. Last year I put together a list of all buildings over 200' at the time.

We can add buildings under construction that will rise above the 200'level by year's end to include ;
  • 4 Seasons Residences (40)
  • Embassy Suites (30)
  • Hyatt Centric (20)
  • Hilton Conrad (35)
  • 803 Lea (29)
  • Amazon Phase 1 (22)
  • Amazon Phase 2 (24)
  • ONE22ONE (25)
  • 19th & Broadway (26)
  • 2006 West End (25)

That will make 61 (SIXTY ONE!!!!!!) towers over 200'.

Then there's these;

With all of these towers being built, Nashville is getting dense like crazy! Or at least downtown/midtown.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
With all of these towers being built, Nashville is getting dense like crazy! Or at least downtown/midtown.

This view from the Channel5 helicopter best illustrates the recent growth. Nashville is expanding outward, 26 blocks by 8 blocks with dense development and all the things that make a great city such as symphony halls, museums, performance halls, etc.

As for the growth, Nashville is a place where young people would like to relocate and they bring businesses like Amazon, Alliance-Bernstein and Ernst Young to town.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 12:22 PM

Two American boomtowns that one thinks of automatically if your tuned into development would be Nashville and Austin. Not too long ago there was a big push to incorporate mass-transit such as light-rail into the picture of Nashville's development. Has that picked up steam lately? I can't imagine even the naysayers being able to nix mass-transit given Nashville's growth projectory.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 4:47 PM

^True.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations