HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 13, 2020, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFireBirds View Post
I was really hoping the "outdated" southern convention center would be used as an arena for the Coyotes. Jefferson Street & 3rd Street would totally be a sports and entertainment district with 3/4 of our major sports teams being in the same vicinity. We all know Sarver would be against it, especially with the renovations of Talking Stick Arena, but if the city owned it, I think there wouldn't be as much backlash. I'm sure they could still build the two high rises (hotel and residential proposal) being on the north plot of the space, instead of the southern portion.
I agree but it seems the city has no intention of giving up convention space.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2020, 2:51 AM

Quote:
I was really hoping the "outdated" southern convention center would be used as an arena for the Coyotes. Jefferson Street & 3rd Street would totally be a sports and entertainment district with 3/4 of our major sports teams being in the same vicinity. We all know Sarver would be against it, especially with the renovations of Talking Stick Arena, but if the city owned it, I think there wouldn't be as much backlash. I'm sure they could still build the two high rises (hotel and residential proposal) being on the north plot of the space, instead of the southern portion.
As for PHX Suns, they got a bad season once again. They haven't winning the game. They failed to win a game everyday. His problem is that he doesn't listen to the fans or players.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 5:53 PM

A fairly recent Drone video of Downtown from early April: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZl73U50GQ

Video Link

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 1:27 AM

Quote:
I think most Arizona residents are done paying for stadiums and arenas for the foreseeable future. Every single one of these deals has been a loser for the state of AZ in terms of dollars and cents. In fact, there is only a handful of such projects in the entire country that can be considered objectively successful and worthwhile. There is absolutely zero reason in the world why taxpayers should be on the hook for anything other than infrastructure improvements when it comes to the construction of sports venues. This lot, along with every remaining undeveloped/underdeveloped lot within a 5 mile radius of downtown should zoned for multifamily mixed use. Phoenix also straight up does not deserve a hockey team. The owner, management, team, and fanbase have always been and always will be shite. I can name at least a half dozen Canadian cities and a half dozen American cities that would be by far better markets for hockey than the Phoenix Valley.

Last edited by TouchTheSky13; May 28, 2020 at 1:40 AM.

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 5:17 PM

Construction Update

Construction Photo updates Courtesy of Code5 in the southwest forum:

Link Phase 2:

Kennect:

X Phoenix Phase 1:

New ASU Dormitory:

Adelaide:

Derby (Tower Crane any day now)

Filmore Phase one (bonus other projects in the background)

Some Proposals:

Astra, currently being reviewed for an increase in height limits (525 to 540') :

X Phoenix Base Camp (Horrible Name):

Another Generic apartment building 18th street and Mcdowell:

Thanks for Tuning IN!

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 9:57 PM

More renderings and Proposals

McKinley Green with some new Elevations:

An old American legion post at 7th ave and Polk:

These are the two potential projects, workforce/low income housing geared for vets

Updated renderings for the Berger Hotel Project at Adams and Central:

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 10:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
In the next 3 years the skyline will be completely different.
That's not saying much. The downtown skyline is so weak that adding 1 building over 500-600 feet would have that effect.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 8:51 PM

This is really awesome to see all these cool new highrises going up in and around downtown Phoenix. Very encouraging to see the city of sprawl become attractively urban.

Quote:
We have a nice comprehensive photo update thanks to dtphxguy.

Keep in mind this is all within less than 1 square mile, the downtown area is absolutely exploding and this isn't even half of everything proposed and/or under construction at the moment.

X Phoenix:

Link Phase 2 has a crane and is under construction:

Block 23 almost done Office is open, Apartments coming soon:

AC Marriot Downtown:

Adilade:

ASU Downtown Campus Dormitory:

Thunderbird School of Global Buisness:

Kennect:

Wexford Biolabs

The Filmore:

Dug out and Crane should be going up any day, Massive two block apartment project with X Phoenix in the Background.

Derby:

After 2 years of legal battles over a tax incentive the Derby is once again under construction

Our first attempt to grab all the cranes Soon to be 10 with several more to go:

And of course MORE PIPELINE!!!

Atari Hotel:

Another nondiscript apartment not even sure of the name:

Aspire:

Currently being excavated, tower crane soon

First McKinley:

Central Station Project:

RFP finalists for the Rennisance Hilton garage Redevelopment:

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNYC View Post
That's not saying much. The downtown skyline is so weak that adding 1 building over 500-600 feet would have that effect.
Considering that Downtown is going to triple its high-rise count, quadruple its population and add several hundred businesses over a period of like 10 years its pretty incredible.

The core of phoenix was stagnant from the mid 70's until about 2010

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Considering that Downtown is going to triple its high-rise count, quadruple its population and add several hundred businesses over a period of like 10 years its pretty incredible.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 5:14 AM

An under construction apartment building went up in flames tonight. Going to be a total loss.

It does not at this time appear to be from rioting or protests of any kind.

Unfortunate loss.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 5:18 AM

Also a recent south facing skyline pic

Old Posted Oct 12, 2020, 6:34 PM

Phoenix construction progress photo update courtesy of forumer thespiandave.

But first, here is a relatively new rendering of the new Phoenix tallest Astra. Approx. 540'. Currently going through approval process. I think this one is going to be a go.

Maybe another Phoenix forumer can post a few of the renderings of the other projects in the works starting construction soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiandave View Post

4th Ave & Fillmore (The Fillmore)

3rd Ave & Fillmore - facing SE
Not sure the name of the building being constructed on SE corner of 3rdAve and Fillmore...

3rd Ave & Fillmore - facing NE (Aspire)

2nd Ave & Fillmore - facing SW
Same building as pic above

2nd Ave & Monroe - facing NW (X)

2nd Ave & Adams - Facing NE (Hyatt)

1st Ave & Fillmore - facing W (ASU Dorms)

1st & Polk - facing E (ASU Thunderbird)

2nd St &Garfield - facing SW (Derby)

2nd St & Washington - facing SW (Blanco Tacos // The Ryan)

2nd St & Jefferson - facing N (The Ryan)

3rd St & Jefferson - facing NW (Adeline)

3rd St and Portland - facing NE (Broadstone)

4th St and Garfield - facing SW (Link 2 & Wexford)

6th St and Garfield - facing SE (Garfield House)
Land was cleared within the last week or so

Old Posted Oct 13, 2020, 10:43 PM

Thanks for posting. Can't wait for Central Station to finally get started:

https://www.medistarcorp.com/in-development/

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 1:44 AM

Quote:

Wow!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 9:22 PM

Curtesy of CrestedSaguaro in the Phx forum:

First: we have another groundbreaking: the Home2 Suites on the SW corner of Jackson and 2nd St is in full swing and has construction equipment moving dirt around.

Second: Here's some photo updates I've taken. Image heavy, so placed spoiler buttons. I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked to, but I got most of the larger developments. I will try to go around tomorrow and get some of the residential mid-rise photo updates. I tried to focus on the density each of these projects are creating by including surrounding developments/structures.

LinkII - This is becoming my favorite block in Phoenix. So much density being created even with Proxy. I can't wait to see the 3rd tower go up in the near future.

The Adeline is coming along nicely. The facade is similar to Cityscape residences as you can see in the pic with it in the background. The density this is creating with the Ryan is amazing.

Speaking of the Ryan, Blanco is nearly complete and the sign is lit up. Sign on the door shows a November 13 opening date (not sure if that was known yet).

On over to Central where the entire street is dug up for the upcoming rail line and station.

Hyatt Place has topped out.

X Phoenix continues with facade work. The building is huge from every direction you look at it (many steps were climbed to bring you this information).

Three for one pic: O'Neil with ASU and Aspire in the background.

Aspire and Derby have almost completed the garage levels. So they should start moving faster soon. I accidentally deleted the up close Aspire pic, but here's Derby:

Old Posted Oct 22, 2020, 10:09 PM
Modulator

Thanks for posting Obadno! I need to visit this thread more often

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 4:43 AM
Everywhere all at once

Wow I feel like if I were to move to Phoenix next year, as I tentatively plan to (shhh) , it would be a good and exciting time to be relocating to the city!

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Wow I feel like if I were to move to Phoenix next year, as I tentatively plan to (shhh) , it would be a good and exciting time to be relocating to the city!
Yes its currently experience some sort of weird microcosm of hyper growth powered a combination of factors. The Cali Exodus, the cost of property and labor but also the skillset of the population are currently in a magic spot where you can get a decent pay and have a high COL while still being a good deal for businesses from more expensive 1st tier cities.

As a state economy Arizona has fared as one of the best through the Covid/Lockdown Recession, compared to 2008 when we were one of the hardest hit.

The last 10 years saw major diversification of the state economy and its paying off now.

The next 10 years should be very exciting.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2020, 9:04 AM

Picture update from a fellow forumer from Oct 13th, of Tempe, Phoenix's secondary downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
*WARNING PICTURE HEAVY*

Before I begin with today's update, enjoy these pics from the top of Watermark's parking garage I took last week (not sure if I was actually supposed to be up there lol) and one of the street car stations on Mill:

Here's a couple updates around the Novus/Apache area from earlier this morning (10/13/20):

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations