HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 3:08 PM
Beer Stampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRyan View Post
Does anyone know if Cordish has available land or loose plans for a Four Light residential tower, provided that the 3rd one fills up as quickly as the 2nd has?
If in fact that Four Light does become a reality, it was initially planned to be erected in the parking lot across the street from the Waddell and Reed project on the east side. Original plans called for the building to be even higher than Three Light. However, this largely depends on the success of Three Light, a building I thought would have been halfway built by now, but for one reason to another, it hasn't broken ground just yet, although it's scheduled to, anytime.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2020, 4:50 PM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
it's a good looking building and all but I wonder what it's gonna look like at the street level.
The block that building will be on doesn't get a lot of pedestrian traffic so even if it's kinda meh at street level it's not a huge loss.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2020, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Agent 007 View Post
The block that building will be on doesn't get a lot of pedestrian traffic so even if it's kinda meh at street level it's not a huge loss.
.if the highway ever gets decked then that block will get a lot more traffic than it does now, we cannot build for the needs of today, there is a big picture and the city will grow in the future.

Last edited by twan2001; Jan 15, 2020 at 2:40 AM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2020, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRyan View Post
The skyline of the south end of downtown just keeps getting better. I appreciate the architectural interest on this one in that its not just another glass box. It's actually a series of stacked glass boxes.

not too bad.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 4:36 AM

I can't recall an era in my lifetime where downtown KC had as much movement on the highrise front. Locals, is this an accurate rundown of realistic and taller projects proposed or underway currently?

Loew's Convention Hotel

Three Light

Strata

Waddell and Reed

13 Wyandotte

Alle

Reverb

Tracks 215

Hyatt House Hotel

Arterra

And not downtown, but in the urban corridor.

Children's Mercy

46 Penn Centre

I'm sure there's a few midrises I've left off.

Des Moines' development discussion forum, project updates, and photo gallery page.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 2:42 AM

New 3 light renderings

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 2:47 AM

1650 Broadway

Old Posted Mar 8, 2020, 1:40 AM
Posh

Some updates, taken today

Reverb Apartments ...

City Club Apts, in the Crossroads ...

46 Penn Centre, in the Plaza ...

Nordstrom, in the Plaza ...

I forget the name of this, but this is an interesting renovation at 3420 Broadway, about midway between downtown and the Plaza. It's this thing here. They're turning them into apartments.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2020, 1:42 AM
Posh

And more updates ...

Loew's hotel almost done, mostly have some interior work to do.

Clearing for the Waddell & Reed Headquarters started about a month ago.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 11:10 PM
Posh

Forgot to post these 3 of the Loews Hotel.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 2:16 AM
クラブトクヨ

Nice updates!

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 3:19 PM

I'd mostly given up hope that I was going to get to come check out KC in the fall, but now all hope is gone. Cerner cancelled their health conference. It will be digital-only.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 5:32 PM

Good stuff going on in Kansas City! Has Overland Park's skyline changed much?

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 12:05 AM
Beer Stampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
Good stuff going on in Kansas City! Has Overland Park's skyline changed much?

Changed since when? As far as the developments around the College Blvd area, there's been a number of 4 and 5 story apartments being built, especially closer to the Sprint Campus. A couple of years ago, they demolished an old 10 story tower off of 110th and Nall, and replaced it with a couple of 4 and 5 story buildings, which was a much needed improvement. Corporate Woods has remained relatively unchanged, but then again, there's really nothing more to be put over there. Also, they just topped off a 10 story tower over on 95th and Metcalf where the old K-Mart used to be.

Now, the actual "downtown" part of Overland Park which is located further north around the 79th and 80th and Metcalf has changed quite a bit over the last few years. Several apartment buildings have been built, ranging in 4 to 7 stories. It's a much different place than it used to be.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcexpress69 View Post
Changed since when? As far as the developments around the College Blvd area, there's been a number of 4 and 5 story apartments being built, especially closer to the Sprint Campus. A couple of years ago, they demolished an old 10 story tower off of 110th and Nall, and replaced it with a couple of 4 and 5 story buildings, which was a much needed improvement. Corporate Woods has remained relatively unchanged, but then again, there's really nothing more to be put over there. Also, they just topped off a 10 story tower over on 95th and Metcalf where the old K-Mart used to be.

Now, the actual "downtown" part of Overland Park which is located further north around the 79th and 80th and Metcalf has changed quite a bit over the last few years. Several apartment buildings have been built, ranging in 4 to 7 stories. It's a much different place than it used to be.
I'm sorry. I was last in Overland Park area around 1996. Thanks for the update!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2020, 6:21 AM

Alle new rendering

How to get your KCRAG account turned on:

https://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19140

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 1:39 AM

The Podium & Freighthouse Development District

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jmDfnc]

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 3:59 PM

Does anyone know if KC has any plans to eventually cap or rework it's freeways? I can count at least 10 blocks freeway trench that could be easily capped and developed without completely having to shut down traffic. If KC decided it wanted to do its own Big Dig and put parts of 670, 35 and, 70 underground, it could free up an additional 8 blocks for redevelopment. If you then, take into account all of the surface parking lots in the downtown, KC's infill development potential is a staggering 30 blocks or roughly 64 acres! I made a map - link below.

https://earth.google.com/earth/rpc/c...7D&usp=sharing

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 2:45 AM
Beer Stampede

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchTheSky13 View Post
Does anyone know if KC has any plans to eventually cap or rework it's freeways? I can count at least 10 blocks freeway trench that could be easily capped and developed without completely having to shut down traffic. If KC decided it wanted to do its own Big Dig and put parts of 670, 35 and, 70 underground, it could free up an additional 8 blocks for redevelopment. If you then, take into account all of the surface parking lots in the downtown, KC's infill development potential is a staggering 30 blocks or roughly 64 acres! I made a map - link below.

670 has been discussed for years, but no plan in place, yet. Nothing much about the north side of the loop, which might be a more complex venture.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchTheSky13 View Post

Yes, South loop decking with significant private support was close to happening pre-covid. Renderings and plan documents have been published within the past 12 months that show the current project plan.

Northloop: The new Broadway Bridge is being designed to take direct traffic away from using the Northloop. That project is fully funded. Planning work has starterd to bring 9 Highway down to grade between roughly 1st or 2nd street and i70. Northloop removal itself is about 5-10 years away but most of the enabling projects are in full swing at this point.

http://www.bridgingparkmarket.com

Option 3: $20 million to lower Highway 9, remove i70 interchange, and connect Independence Ave.

Option 4: $ 20 million + cost to build a park for Option 3 but using much of the newly available land for a Boulevard & Park

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations