HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 10:04 PM

This is cool. A conceptual rendering at the site at Clybourne and LMD of a 50 story building just to show what could be built there.

State marketing lakefront property with vision of Milwaukee's tallest building: Slideshow (Video)

https://www.mkegateway.com/

Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 10:12 PM
devout Pizzatarian

that would be pretty dope, if it were real.

source: https://www.mkegateway.com/

Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 10:18 PM

While I appreciate the optimism about that beautiful building, it is difficult for me to feel any sort of enthusiasm for that parcel or any neighboring parcel given how I feel that the citizens of our beloved city have been routinely bent over by the likes of Marcoux, Abele, Barret-Lo, Marcus, POP, Foxcon, Johnson Controls, et al.

Things that will happen in Milwaukee before this parcel (or the Couture) are developed;

Giannis signs a 10 year deal at max money
Bucks win a NBA championship
Yelich signs a 10 year deal for Mike Trout money
Brewers win a World Series
Prohibition returns
Bars run out of pull-tabs

Old Posted Oct 3, 2019, 5:22 PM

Milwaukee Streetcar's Lakefront Line Delayed By Construction Project

Quote:
After being pressed by Bauman for a date, Marcoux said he wanted to give Barrett until mid-2020 to break ground on the Couture before moving forward with another option for the streetcar.
Can't LOL at this enough.

For once, I'm with Bauman. Rick Barrett is making the city and county look like bigger fools than they already are.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 4:50 PM

This is the next step in the Bucks' plans.

Potential groundbreaking right after the DNC!

Milwaukee Bucks closer to finalizing contracts for hotels near Fiserv Forum

The Bucks want to see a hotel with 175 to 200 keys and a hotel with 250 or more keys on two sites near Fiserv Forum.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 5:14 PM

Delayed Couture high-rise owner hasn't yet paid the downtown project site's $400,000 property tax bill

Quote:
Richard Barrett, who operates Barrett Lo, said the overdue bill was "an oversight on our part that we were made aware of on Friday."
So shady. Must be nice to be sitting court-side at the Eastern Conference Finals while your almost half a million delinquent in property taxes. Milwaukee's leaders should be ashamed of themselves.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradleyc View Post
This is the next step in the Bucks' plans.

Potential groundbreaking right after the DNC!

Milwaukee Bucks closer to finalizing contracts for hotels near Fiserv Forum

The Bucks want to see a hotel with 175 to 200 keys and a hotel with 250 or more keys on two sites near Fiserv Forum.
Looking forward to those lots surrounding Fiserv to be filled.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 10:14 PM

Old Posted Oct 31, 2019, 9:00 PM

This looks interesting. I've never heard of this group before.

Milwaukee Blue Crew to host special informational meeting on Milwaukee's Rivers

Mark your calendars for the first in a series of discussions being held throughout the Milwaukee River Basin on progress and future plans for restoring Milwaukee’s waterways hosted by the Milwaukee Blue Crew.

Help shape the future of Milwaukee’s Rivers! Learn how upcoming sediment projects will lead to SAFE and CLEAN waterways from a panel of experts. Your voice matters. Ask questions and share thoughts about the projects YOU care about.

WHEN: Wednesday, November 13th | 4:30PM to 7PM

WHERE: Discovery World (500 N. Harbor Drive, Milwaukee Wi)

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 5:39 PM

Just got word from a close friend and reliable source that American Family is moving it's offices to the Mandel building in the Deer District. Apparently they are adding a vertical addition. She was not sure of the height though.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 5:44 PM

With the Couture dead and still a few months removed from Ascent's groundbreaking, there's been relatively no news regarding new Milwaukee skyscrapers/high-rises, so here is a high rise being built in suburban Wauwatosa...

St. Camillus breaks ground on residential tower project

This project was supposed to exceed 20 stories but NIMBYs helped shut that down and we ended up with a 15 story tower.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 7:56 AM

Mark Belling on twitter says Barrett finally got the last financing for the Couture.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Mark Belling on twitter says Barrett finally got the last financing for the Couture.

Even so, we all know it's not worth reading too much into. Barrett is probably just looking to buy time until his next annual "Breaking ground next summer" announcement. I can't believe people are still buying into this BS after all the lies Barrett has sold the city on since the beginning of this disaster.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post

Even so, we all know it's not worth reading too much into. Barrett is probably just looking to buy time until his next annual "Breaking ground next summer" announcement. I can't believe people are still buying into this BS after all the lies Barrett has sold the city on since the beginning of this disaster.
But then, you have always been the pessimist.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 5:37 AM

Quote:
But then, you have always been the pessimist.
I mean 8 years of lies will do that to ya

Lemme know when you see a crane in the air.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 1:55 PM

Quote:
I mean 8 years of lies will do that to ya

Lemme know when you see a crane in the air.
Tell you what. I live in Spokane, Washington now. I'll keep reading, you keep watching. I bet I'll know first.

In any event, life is too short and it's all so good. One project out of dozens hasn't yet happened, but even it is looking good.

You just keep on being you. Eventually, you will get there.

I am out of here. Good bye.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 6:42 PM

I'm actually more prone to believe this because Barrett has actually been refusing to comment on this or provide their own "construction is imminent" PR release. $20 Million of equity isn't even that much money to come up with when the government is giving you that much more more and the land for pretty much free...

Old Posted Jan 9, 2020, 5:48 PM

Work ramps up for Ascent mass timber tower in Milwaukee

Quote:
New Land Enterprises this month will start taking down the former Edwardo’s restaurant building in Milwaukee and driving foundation piles to prepare for construction on what could become North America’s tallest mass timber building.

That Ascent tower would stand 23 stories with 231 apartments at East Kilbourn Avenue and North Van Buren Street. The parking structure on its lower level will be made of concrete, but its upper housing floors will have a structure of manufactured timber columns and beams, and wooden floors and ceilings. It is a more environmentally friendly construction material that is gaining momentum internationally.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 8:01 PM

Title of the article seems very misleading. Alderman ready to move on and nobody in the industry thinks this is happening. Dude's been taking Milwaukee County taxpayers on a decade-long ride.

Milwaukee officials expect ‘good news’ on Couture project by end of June

Quote:
But at least one Common Council member said the city has waited long enough, and has promised to put forward a directive that would ultimately sever ties between the development and an idle downtown streetcar extension.
Quote:
He noted the line extension is about three-quarters finished, and now has to wait for the Couture to move forward before the “loop” at the development site can be installed. He said due to the Couture construction schedule, it could be another 18 months before the extension is up and running.
Quote:
Bauman also said that, through his conversations with the commercial real estate community, it seems other developers are skeptical the Couture project could even work.

“No developer in Milwaukee thinks this building will be built,” he said. “Nobody, and they’ve got very specific reasons for that, which make a lot of sense in terms of the building design, the amount of rentable space, the mix of units, on and on and on.”
Rick Barrett is a joke. I hope this is his last hurrah.

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 5:21 AM

The county taxpayers were on the hook for almost $7,000,000 to the Feds because Barrett and Lo didn't get this building done (much less even started) by 2020. I've not heard anything if the county paid, if so, they had better be taking these two squatters to court to recoup our money! Now that Able is no longer County Exec, Crowley needs to start putting the squeeze on this or move on to an actual builder who would love to use that space.

Shawn

Quote:
Title of the article seems very misleading. Alderman ready to move on and nobody in the industry thinks this is happening. Dude's been taking Milwaukee County taxpayers on a decade-long ride.

Milwaukee officials expect ‘good news’ on Couture project by end of June

Rick Barrett is a joke. I hope this is his last hurrah.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations