HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 8:35 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^Sure someone can, because you move the building to equally unfeasible sites every single time.

For your dream, there's really only one place that is remotely feasible and that is at the site of Tower 5. As soon as you figure out how to rotate an image to align your 1 WTC cut-out with Greenwich Street, you'll realize that.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 8:42 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
^Sure someone can, because you move the building to equally unfeasible sites every single time.

For your dream, there's really only one place that is remotely feasible and that is at the site of Tower 5. As soon as you figure out how to rotate an image to align your 1 WTC cut-out with Greenwich Street, you'll realize that.
But then it wouldn't have a twin tower effect, it would just be two towers in the Lower Manhattan that are both really tall. The twin tower effect only works when the two towers are in close proximity to each other. The only place a twin tower would work in Lower Manhattan is if Kanto found himself a new site and started from scratch.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 9:13 PM
Twin Towers crusader

I agree that if it'll be sufficiently proven to me that this is not possible, then I'll have to search for a new location. One that is feasible for such a huge business center. If it would be completely up to me, I'd rebuild the twins in Phoenix. Though I think that there wouldn't be enough demand for such huge buildings, after all, the tallest building there has just 148 meters.

And I disagree that the 5WTC site is too far for a twin. It's still well within acceptable limits for a twin tower.
America and New York deserve to have twin towers again! I am boldly resisting the twin towers taboo enforcers - a.k.a. the bullies who harass folks on this forum just because they have different opinions than these bullies do!
Recipe for the best syrup in the world:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191318

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I don't listen? I already dumped like 6 or seven ideas because of him. Because of that, nobody can accuse me of not listening!
It's not an accusation, it's the truth. Go back and read all the threads you've created. You'll see that the reasons people gave you to dump all your ideas happen within the first few replies, but you never accept it at first. It's not until everyone repeats themselves several times that you finally get the hint. And even then, you seem reluctant to discard your ideas.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 9:23 PM
Twin Towers crusader

I'm not reluctant. I want to dump an idea only if it truly was proven that it isn't feasible. That's all.
America and New York deserve to have twin towers again! I am boldly resisting the twin towers taboo enforcers - a.k.a. the bullies who harass folks on this forum just because they have different opinions than these bullies do!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 9:31 PM
A before E

Quote:
And I disagree that the 5WTC site is too far for a twin. It's still well within acceptable limits for a twin tower.
Well I disagree with you...I am curious, have you ever been to NYC? I am not asking that to be an insult or anything, I am just curious if you have actually been there, and if so was it recently?

Again, I think if you are serious about your idea, you will pick a different site where your idea will not be bogged down with the limitations you have given yourself with the current site. Twin Towers do not have to be next to the WTC site to have the same effect as the twin towers had. You can pick anywhere that is a doable space and create the same effect they once had. I feel you are limiting yourself trying to keep it within the WTC site.

And no the twin towers would not work in Phoenix, nor most US cities. If they could, more cities in this country would look like Manhattan.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 9:59 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Nope, never been to NY. But I'd love to one day visit Manhattan. NY's such an iconic city. And it was even far more with the Twin Towers.

As to the twins not fitting into Phoenix, I disagree. They would so dominate the city, since all other buildings would be far smaller. Maybe they would dominate even more than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. I like when a building or two are far above anything else arround them. That makes people really appreciate their height.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 10:14 PM
A before E

Quote:
Nope, never been to NY. But I'd love to one day visit Manhattan. NY's such an iconic city. And it was even far more with the Twin Towers.

As to the twins not fitting into Phoenix, I disagree. They would so dominate the city, since all other buildings would be far smaller. Maybe they would dominate even more than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. I like when a building or two are far above anything else arround them. That makes people really appreciate their height.
Seriously?? Okay, make a trip to NYC at least once and soon, especially since you seem to be all about the twin towers. I have always been under the impression you have been there at least once.

As for your point on Phoenix, all I can do is shake my head, but feel free to super impose the twin towers in Phoenix, that would be very entertaining to see.

But a serious suggestion for you, you are young, get out and see the world more so you can have a better understanding on what you talk about, it will help you a lot in life. I didn't start traveling until later in my 20s and wished I would of started sooner.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 10:27 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Well, there are 2 reasons preventing me from traveling

1, I hate traveling. Seeing awesome things is cool, but desperately trying to somehow sleep in a bus is a living hell.

2, I can't just travel like that. I have a wife and a son to take care of.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 6:27 PM

America!

I agree with Kanto again. The Twin Towers would look more iconic in the middle of a Kansas cornfield. They would dominate their surroundings, i.e. corn.

Why stop at just one set though? Kanto, let's get 50 sets of these towers all over the nation! It's possible because this is America!

Tell me where to donate my money!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 7:32 PM
Never Dell

Once we argued with a marketing guy working for a developer who wanted to do just that...a bunch of towers in a Kansas cornfield including the world's tallest. Their premise, which was asinine, was that the bigger you go, the more people you attract, and that they were certain to succeed. This lasted for months. Eventually, if you googled the developer's name or the project name, the first result was SSPers trashing the concept point by point, including the fact that the developer had been bankrupt a couple of times....

That guy claimed to have expertise, which was greatly overstated vs. his cluelessness on a lot of points someone in his position ought to know.

But it pales to this. Now some kid who knows precisely nothing and has never been to NY wants us to keep explaining the same stuff every time he thinks of a new spot. It's not that he doesn't "listen," but that he doesn't transfer the basic points from one idea to the next. The best response is that none of his ideas will work, for the same reasons as before.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 7:44 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Once we argued with a marketing guy working for a developer who wanted to do just that...a bunch of towers in a Kansas cornfield including the world's tallest. Their premise, which was asinine, was that the bigger you go, the more people you attract, and that they were certain to succeed. This lasted for months. Eventually, if you googled the developer's name or the project name, the first result was SSPers trashing the concept point by point, including the fact that the developer had been bankrupt a couple of times....

That guy claimed to have expertise, which was greatly overstated vs. his cluelessness on a lot of points someone in his position ought to know.

But it pales to this. Now some kid who knows precisely nothing and has never been to NY wants us to keep explaining the same stuff every time he thinks of a new spot. It's not that he doesn't "listen," but that he doesn't transfer the basic points from one idea to the next. The best response is that none of his ideas will work, for the same reasons as before.
You have just proven that you don't read what I write. Whenever I dumped an idea, I came up with a new one that didn't suffer from the problem my previous location had.

But this isn't the actual topic where to discuss this stuff. I'll make a new topic, because

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering