HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment

Old Posted Mar 15, 2015, 2:04 AM

I thought it was a big success. My favourite was the final film, My Brooklyn. I would highly recommend it. http://www.mybrooklynmovie.com/

Old Posted Mar 16, 2015, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaustin View Post
I thought it was a big success. My favourite was the final film, My Brooklyn. I would highly recommend it. http://www.mybrooklynmovie.com/
Thanks, I was hoping to get a chance to attend, but it just couldn't work out for me due to my schedule.

I'll check out the movie when I get the time.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 6:57 PM

Sorry for the delay in my comments - I got stuck in Halifax on Sunday. I thought it went really well and literally scaled the attendance to Halifax population (based on Calgary) the numbers were bang on.

Rollin has a tendency to want to change things up a little - so dropping My Brooklyn in was a great decision. I think the Bacon movies, while classics, weren't well understood until Rollin talked about them on Tuesday night. If he had done that on Monday - I think they would've been better understood. But we learn by doing...and I'm very happy with how it went and so was he. We had a great meeting people, talking with HRM/Waterfront staff - he was very pleased and I am very tired. It was far from a 'vacation' for me!

Glad to meet you Sam and I'm not sure if anyone else went - but we may be able to do this again next year. Certainly Nenshi's speech went over well - I was glad to help get him there and help the lecture set record attendance. I was also happy to ruffle Alan Ruffman's feathers at the Dal conference with my question ehehe.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 7:46 PM

Funny thing - I didn't notice any particular increase in the number of bicycles on the roads last week. Surely nobody would have taken an evil automobile to this event?

Old Posted Mar 17, 2015, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Funny thing - I didn't notice any particular increase in the number of bicycles on the roads last week. Surely nobody would have taken an evil automobile to this event?
Sarcasm aside - we didn't want people taking bikes because of the poor road conditions and apparently it was an insurance thing if the Bike group had a group ride.

In Calgary, they do the 'Bacon ride' every year we do it. Usually it ends up as the worst weather (cold/snow) and still 30+ people show up on bikes. I know most of my family car pooled.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 6:52 PM
Volatile Pacivist

I went to all three nights and found it fairly interesting. Although it seems like a bit of a stretch to call it a film festival with having only 3 films. The most interesting and enjoyable part was the discussion after the films ended, but it was cut a bit too short imo. Instead of calling it a film festival, they should have called it a film and discussion seminar or something, and allowed a lot more time for discussion. Perhaps there could have been a couple of presentations or lectures given at other times in addition to showing the films.

That being said, I'm really loving all the programs happening at the Library's theatre room. Lots of cool stuff there.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment