HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 3:09 PM

Urgent! Help please? How to get books/iPad to hospital patient?

My 30-something bro has a blood infection and is in the hospital for a while. He went into septic shock but fortunately is coming around, it was touch and go for a while.

The problem now is that is he completely bored out of his skull, he is used to doing a heavy work load and long work day so he is climbing the walls. He has tv but sick of it. He is at Juravinski in Hamilton and I am about a 7 hr drive from there. We're heading down this weekend but in the meantime I was hoping to have something delivered to him quickly like some good books or an iPad or something to keep him entertained. He also has a cell phone in need of a charger.

I am willing to either buy from a store and have them deliver, or buy from a store and have a delivery service take it to the hospital. Any suggestions?

Any help is very very much appreciated!!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 6:44 PM

I phoned the hospital gift shop and the lady there was very kind. I bought two books, a magazine and a mind-bender type puzzle (one you do with your hands, not in a book) so hopefully that will help a bit. Still wouldn't' mind sending something else too if anyone has any suggestions.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion