HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 3:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It's disappointing that attendance is so poor at Magic games. It's probably a reflection of the poor play of their predecessor team (Miracles) over the last five years. They never had a winning season, and only ever won one playoff series. It'll take a while to shake that monkey off their back.

I see that their weekend game against Halifax, they had 1,300 fans or so out to the game (I saw this in the T&T but forget the precise attendance). They are playing well this season, so hopefully things will turn around for them.

I haven't been to a Magic game yet. The old Miracles stank on the court, but always had a decent game day experience for the fans. Has anyone here been to any of their games this season??? Do they still have their dancers and Maximus (the mascot)?? These things help maintain interest.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 4:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I snapped this photo myself of the Wildcats seating chart on display at their most recent home game on the weekend.

Untitled

This will flesh out the information that lirette already posted.

The retractable seating area on the south end of the arena will be an ice level bar area (similar to Saint John). This is likely a good move and should be quite popular, especially with young male fans. This is smart marketing since this is a demographic the Wildcats likely want to target.

As lirette pointed out, there are multiple colour coded seating options, all presumably with different price points. Seasons ticket packages start at $480, but I presume this is for the orange level end seats. It'll be very interesting to see what the price points are for other seating options, especially the "center A" blue section. Right now, seasons tickets are $430 regardless of where you sit, so there is already a $50 jump in price from last year. If there were, say, a $250 premium for center A seating, this would take the cost of a seasons ticket to $730, and that's before the cost of playoff ticket packages and parking and HST. This could end up being quite pricey. The Wildcats had better be careful they don't price themselves out of the market.......

Regarding the senior ticket packages at $413 - the good news is that you only have to be 60 years old to be considered a senior (so I qualify). The bad news is that this package is only available for a limited number of dodgy seats in the far flung reaches of the centre. If you want better seating, you have to pony up the full amount........

And finally parking - the fellow manning the Wildcats booth that I was talking to stated that they had lined up about 400 parking spots for seasons ticket holders so far, in behind 1234 Main, the Sobeys lot and behind the federal government complex across the street. The cost per game will be $5-7, but available for the entire season, and you will receive a pass that you will have to display on your vehicle. They are working diligently to acquire more spots, especially with Heritage Properties, but negotiations are slow. They have 2000 seasons ticket holders, therefore so far they only have enough parking for 20-40% of the seasons ticket holder fan base (depending on how many fans per vehicle we're talking about). Much more work therefore needs to be done........

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 4:53 PM

For reference here is what the Sea Dogs are doing. Keeping in mind that most Q teams borrow ideas from each other & the Sea Dogs have a very qualified president in Trevor Georgie I'd say this would give us a good idea on the price difference between seats

Youll notice the savings vs walkup tickets. The huge jump is because they instituted dynamic pricing where divisional rivals & weekend dates would be premium priced. $26 + for tickets in the better sections. It sort of mimics pricing you see in the NHL. Its unclear if the Cats will do this but the intention is to encourage more season ticket holders, as well as sell cheaper tickets for lesser attended weekday games.

Last edited by lirette; Feb 26, 2018 at 5:22 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 5:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks lirette. So, for the Sea Dogs anyway, The premium for centre ice seating over standard seasons ticket pricing is only $75. That's easier to stomach. Presumably the Wildcats premium would be in the same ballpark. Note the Sea Dogs pricing includes HST. The Wildcats pricing is exclusive of HST.

So, we probably have enough information now to give a good guesstimate of how much a season of Wildcats hockey will cost at the new events centre (not including playoffs).

low ball
- base seasons ticket - $480
- HST - $72
- parking ($5/night) - $170
TOTAL - $722

high ball
- premium seasons ticket - $560 (estimate)
- HST - $84
- parking ($7/night) - $238
TOTAL - $882

Seasons tickets for the Wildcats at the new events centre plus parking and HST will therefore set you back $722-882 per year. This is as apposed to $438/yr at the Coliseum (plus tax = $504). It should be remembered that parking is free at the Coliseum; a very important perq.

There will therefore be an increase in cost for Wildcats seasons ticket holders of between 43% - 75% over last year.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Feb 26, 2018 at 5:49 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Thanks lirette. So, for the Sea Dogs anyway, The premium for centre ice seating over standard seasons ticket pricing is only $75. That's easier to stomach. Presumably the Wildcats premium would be in the same ballpark. Note the Sea Dogs pricing includes HST. The Wildcats pricing is exclusive of HST.

So, we probably have enough information now to give a good guesstimate of how much a season of Wildcats hockey will cost at the new events centre (not including playoffs).

low ball
- base seasons ticket - $480
- HST - $72
- parking ($5/night) - $170
TOTAL - $722

high ball
- premium seasons ticket - $560 (estimate)
- HST - $84
- parking ($7/night) - $238
TOTAL - $882

Seasons tickets for the Wildcats at the new events centre plus parking and HST will therefore set you back $722-882 per year. This is as apposed to $438/yr at the Coliseum (plus tax = $504). It should be remembered that parking is free at the Coliseum; a very important perq.

There will therefore be an increase in cost for Wildcats seasons ticket holders of between 43% - 75% over last year.
One thing that is a nice change in the other direction is the child pricing. The starting at price is $150 less than the current prices. So a family of 4 who has season tickets or a parent/child may find that their parking fee is almost covered in some cases. At the moment the Wildcats have the most expensive child tickets in the QMJHL.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 1:03 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Good photo of the new scoreboard for the events centre.

Wall to wall LEDs and about 4x bigger than the current video display board. Will be great for video replays.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Good photo of the new scoreboard for the events centre.

Wall to wall LEDs and about 4x bigger than the current video display board. Will be great for video replays.
Looks big when compared to the people standing there, and looks to be one of those borderless screens as well they might have some rotating adverts on it at times. Add spaces means money to be made.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 2:53 PM

Videoboard is in the air!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 2:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Videoboard is in the air!
Hard to make out against the dark background, but indeed yes!!

You can also make out a video strip on the side, between the corporate box level and the press box level!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 12:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A few more photos of the events centre, courtesy of the T&T:

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 1:14 AM

Quote:
A few more photos of the events centre, courtesy of the T&T:

The bottom of the stairs really bugs me! They should have just made it go all the way to the bottom. The lobby would be bigger this way.

Also there should be up and down escalators on both sides! Unless the plan on switching the directions pre and post event.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 1:21 AM

Indeed the escalators will go up before the event and down afterwards.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
The bottom of the stairs really bugs me! They should have just made it go all the way to the bottom. The lobby would be bigger this way.

Also there should be up and down escalators on both sides! Unless the plan on switching the directions pre and post event.
I suspect there's a building code requirement for the stair landing.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post

I would assume the escalators will change directions depending on if they are loading or unloading. It's a very common 'trick' that most places with escalators will do.

As for the stairs, looks like they have 6 steps then 20 steps. Looking online, it seems to be a common question but one with not many answers. It seems like 12ft/20 steps is the limit before most building codes will require a landing. So they may have had to put a landing in there to match building codes.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
I suspect there's a building code requirement for the stair landing.
They'll have resting benches on the landing for those that parked a couple blocks away.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 2:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Memorial Cup bid.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 2:56 PM

They did at least make an effort to position the landings to accentuate the shape of the escalators!

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 9:18 PM

All season ticket prices announced:

Center Ice A: $565 ($16.62/game)
Centre Ice B & Glass: $522 ($15.35/game)
Corners: $500 ($14.71/game)
Ends: $478 ($14.06/game)

All senior packages are roughly 20% cheaper than adult packages.

Seating map has been altered slightly from what was posted here earlier; first 5 rows behind the ice level bar (rows 15-19 I think) are now available as season tickets.

Also, club seat prices:

Club platinum (centre ice): $1,250
Club gold (blue line): $1,000

Those are extremely good prices for Centre Ice A&B IMO. I really thought they'd be closer to $20-25/game for those.

Looking forward to seeing how much the greys cost on a game-by-game basis. The high up seats are the only ones that really appeal to me so I'll wait to see what options they have for flex passes etc.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 9:19 PM

Pricing information is finally official

http://moncton-wildcats.com/15765-2

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 3:41 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

So, with this information, we can remove all guesswork as to the cost of season's tickets for the Wildcats at the new events centre.

Current Cost at the Coliseum:

- Seasons ticket - $438.00
- HST - $65.70
- Parking - FREE

- Total: $503.70

Base Cost at the Events Centre

- Seasons ticket - $478.00
- HST - $71.70
- Parking @ $5/night - $170.00

- Total: $719.70

Cost for Center Ice A Tickets at the Events Centre

- Seasons ticket - $565.00
- HST - $84.75
- Parking @ $7/night - $238.00

- Total: $887.75

So, in summary:

- Current (Coliseum) - $503.70
- Base (Events Centre) - $719.70 (+43%)
- Premium (Events Centre) - $887.75 (+76%)

And finally, Premium Platinum Level Club seating at the Events Centre will cost:

- Seasons ticket - $1,250.00
- HST - $187.50
- Parking @ $7/night - $238.00

- Total: $1,675.50

Wildcats hockey has just gotten a whole lot pricier than it was at the Coliseum. I wonder what sort of attrition rate there will be amongst current seasons ticket holders?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces