Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

360 10th Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
Isn't Hines also involved in 56 Leonard and the Bryant Park development? If Hines is involved, the architecture is going to be great.
They are indeed, as well as 40 Mercer and 610 Lexington ave.
This project jumped to the front of my most anticipated list among new projects along with 125 Greenwhich and the "Hudson Spire", if that's still the name of that project.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 12:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
Isn't Hines also involved in 56 Leonard and the Bryant Park development? If Hines is developing, the architecture is going to be great.
Hines is good. Not all of their towers are great. I haven't seen them do anything horrible, at least not in Manhattan. They are only advisers on 1 Vanderbilt. I'm more excited that SHoP is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Could be that the 3 billion figure is a typo? IDK, it just seems way too high.
You're all getting to hung up on the costs for some reason. It could be $3B, it could be $1B. That just tells you that it would be a very expensive building. That fact that SHoP is involved should tell you more about potential height. As we discussed earlier, they are working on at least 3 supertall developments in Manhattan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
I was making point about the cost of 360 10th ave tower, which as Crawford stated may even be a supertall. It will not cost $3bln or even $2bln, that was my point.
You also stated that the $3B was a reference to the investment in the Hudson Yards area

Quote:
This makes me ask the question, what will be so special about this 61 floor Hudson Spire tower to cost $3.3bln or about as much as two 432 Park Ave towers or Hudson Yards two tower+mall complex? I just don't see it.
I would like to see what you have seen, because I haven't seen the tower, and would love to see even a preliminary rendering. But how do you even know how much all of those other towers costs? How are you so certain? The Goldman Sachs is a $2B building. The Freedom Tower at $4B, but that's basically a building within a building.

The only reason we know the cost of the "spire" tower in the first place is because costs had to be reported to the NYCIDA. If you go back and look at that thread, you'll see it was reported as such. As far as the breakdown, if it's not posted there, I'll post it.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 1, 2014 at 1:05 PM.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 10:12 PM
New Yorker for life

October 17, 2014

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 6:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Here's another one I'm calling, though not confirmed.

From the 111 W 57th thread...

Quote:
SHoP is working on 4 towers of over 1,000 ft tall, (13:18) though he couldn't go into specifics at this time. He mentions them as:

- 111 w 57th

- the High Line

- Brooklyn

- Lower Manhattan

http://sma.sciarc.edu/video/gregg-pa...ver-ever-dont/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 7:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

With the crazy high price tag ( billion +), bound to be a supertall. Hopefully we will see a 350m project if not greater. If they are using floorplates with ceilings that are found in the HY towers, than its a real possibility.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 7:36 PM

Brooklyn's getting a supertall? Maybe it's Citypoint 3.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 8:56 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
With the crazy high price tag ( billion +), bound to be a supertall.
With that price, I suspected it would be, even more when SHoP was brought on. Now it's all but confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Brooklyn's getting a supertall? Maybe it's Citypoint 3.
It could be Citypoint 3, but SHoP is already working on nearby 340 Flatbush, so it could easily be that one. As far as the lower Manhattan tower goes, that seems obviously 80 South St since it's being weaved in with South St redevelopment which SHoP is overseeing. But we could be surprised there as well. It could be a while before we see some designs, but I'm interested in seeing how they follow up 111 W 57th, what kind of skyline inspiration they take.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 5:55 AM
New Yorker for life

February 27, 2015

Waiting for some SHoP magic...

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 4:57 PM

Frank McCourt brings in Hines as partner on $3B Tenth Ave. project
SHoP Architects will design 733,000 sf mixed-use building in Hudson Yards area

I hope these guys can build a tower similar to 432 Park Avenue on this site.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 5:09 PM
don't *meddle*...

^ Well ...

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/09/...h-ave-project/

September 29, 2014 10:51AM
By Hiten Samtani

Quote:
Frank McCourt’s MG Properties has brought in Hines as an equity and development partner on 360 10th Avenue, a $3 billion, 733,000-square-foot mixed-use project on the Far West Side. The developer also announced that SHoP Architects will design the project.

McCourt, the former owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, made his New York real estate debut with the acquisition of the site last year for $167 million, more than three times what seller Sherwood Equities and Long Wharf Real Estate Partners paid in 2011. The deal is one of the biggest bets yet on the Hudson Yards neighborhood.

“We are very pleased to have the world-class team at Hines join us on 360 Tenth,” Drew McCourt, president of MG Properties, said in a statement. “The addition of SHoP’s creativity and innovation is a significant enhancement to the project as we look to blend the residential, retail, and commercial elements into an architecturally-significant addition to the North Chelsea/Hudson Yards neighborhood.”

Vishaan Chakrabarti, a partner at SHoP, said in a statement that the firm hoped to “create a building that evokes the best of historic Chelsea while making a strong contemporary addition to the skyline.”

Hines’ executive Tommy Craig said that the firm welcomed “the opportunity to expand our development work into the heart of Manhattan’s fastest growing new neighborhood.” The Houston-based firm’s other notable projects in New York include a 471,000-square-foot office tower at 7 Bryant Park and the 1,050-foot-tall Jean-Nouvel designed 53W53.
- See more at: http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/09/....r6r4NSul.dpuf

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 5:53 PM

$3 billion is nuts. Even One57 was a little over $1B.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 5:58 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I think we will get a nice surprise with this one.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 6:36 PM
DENNAB

3 Billion dollars!? Yeesh!

How is it only 733,00 SF?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 9:01 PM

Could this tower now be over 1,400 ft?

SHoP Architects report that they have four supertalls in development in Manhattan, with at least two over 1,400 ft. We know one is 111 W.57, and the downtown Brooklyn project is extremely unlikely to reach such heights, IMO.

So the options are either Lower Manhattan and/or Hudson Yards. If it's only one of these two locations above 1,400 ft., I would go with Hudson Yards. The fact that this is a $3 billion project is strongly hinting towards something extremely tall and lavish.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 9:12 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Could this tower now be over 1,400 ft?

SHoP Architects report that they have four supertalls in development in Manhattan, with at least two over 1,400 ft. We know one is 111 W.57, and the downtown Brooklyn project is extremely unlikely to reach such heights, IMO.

So the options are either Lower Manhattan and/or Hudson Yards. If it's only one of these two locations above 1,400 ft., I would go with Hudson Yards. The fact that this is a $3 billion project is strongly hinting towards something extremely tall and lavish.
Yes, the price tag on this tower is just enormous. So my guess is this will be ~1,400' and 80 South St ~1,100'.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 9:21 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Well, we've gonna over the various possibilities above, and this one has always seemed a supertall to me on just the price tag alone.

80 South St seems obvious, but if there were any surprises, it would be if it isn't that one Downtown.

The Brooklyn tower will most likely be the one they've been working on.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 10:20 PM
DENNAB

If it really is 733kSF it'll probably be insanely skinny!

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 1:19 AM
Show me the blueprints

^sq footage could also be kept low by unusually lofty ceiling heights. We'll probably see ceiling heights in this one approach or match modern office standards, probably ~15 ft.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 1:23 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Just doing that, 15 ft, would make this over a 1000 feet. Assuming 1st floor is much higher due to a lobby, this under that assumption would be about 1020 feet or so. Now add mechanical, and it could be close to 1100 feet. But depending on how they design it (Maybe a crown, spire or some archi elements to push it up), it could much taller. Either way, we have a minimum of a 1000 which is a good starting point for speculation.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
$3 billion is nuts. Even One57 was a little over $1B.
Yeah, I don't buy it. $3 billion would make it the most expensive tower in New York. (1WTC initial price was around $2 billion before it went over budget because of delays). Even cost of 30 HY including platform will be less than $3 billion. What makes this tower so special?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals