HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 4:18 PM

I think LSD could end at Sheridan Rd. at the bend by Calvary cemetery. With new lakefill there's plenty of open space there to make a good outlet to a busy 4 lane road.
There's not alot of traffic on LSD north of Foster now anyway, I don't think it would have to be as wide, maybe 2 lanes each direction as a parkway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
^ It's too bad Loyola was prevented from their lakefill plan back in the 1980s, I think there would be a lot more momentum to complete the missing segments of lakefront park.

A Robert Moses style leader could potentially get the project done by adding back in the LSD extension and relying on the support of drivers... the problem is that there's really no good outlet for the traffic once you hit city limits. Howard or Touhy would be overwhelmed if they extended six lanes up to city limits. Maybe the extension just ends up being a 2-lane urban parkway with a few pulloffs and passing lanes, like Rock Creek Parkway in DC. All pedestrian crossings would be on underpasses. After that, put in a bus lane on Sheridan so everyone benefits.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development